Mon, Jun 17, 5:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:30 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 11:51 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Oh noooo, I killed the thread.... kitteh blushes

Here's some hair I'm making for Dawn, would that help?  I donlt remember if I showed it here before or not.

Any new Dawn renders, peeps?
I'm modeling and UV mapping today... so nothing really exciting to see here.

I love this messy looking hair. Please don't make this a Cr2 hair product? I hate those. I love artists that offer both for sods like me needing to fit hair on many different characters. Conforming hair just won't play nice like that when trying to make it work on non conforming parents. Even if you parent it to the head for instance, long flowing Cr2 hair morphs die or become a nightmare to work with whereas nicely made and completely morpheable Hr2 hair works better.

Gotcha!
I haven't decided how I'm going to rig it... I want to make sure it's a functional and as versatile as I can make it. 

I adore this hair model and would love jewely / combs / pearls / ans ribbons options.  A definite buy product for me.

I'll add some kind of hair accessory to go with it :)

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:14 AM

Whoa, if any of you have a steam account, I just spotted Silo on summer sale for $29.99... crazyyyy!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/100400/

___

meatSim ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:27 AM

Quote - Whoa, if any of you have a steam account, I just spotted Silo on summer sale for $29.99... crazyyyy!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/100400/

WOW  if anyone does'nt have it, BUY IT NOW!!

especially if your just starting to get your feet wet modelling.  Its very intuitive and wasy to learn.  It has a few glitches, but not many.  UV mapping is pretty good though it glitches out drops all your maps occasionally so save often!

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:28 AM

file_496370.jpg

Latexluv!

Here is my first concept in Marvelous Designer. I am thinking of rolling up a little or perhaps fringes what do you say? I probably don't have to spend a long time on the texture you do your own, or? Or else I can make a try. Tell me what you want my love.

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:31 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:32 AM

Quote - Whoa, if any of you have a steam account, I just spotted Silo on summer sale for $29.99... crazyyyy!  [http://store.steampowered.com/app/100400//quote]  

Definitely.  :-)  Don't pass that up, if you're interested in modeling.

Why am I typing in Italics?

I love me some Modo!  :-)

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:35 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:36 AM

Quote - Latexluv!

Here is my first concept in Marvelous Designer. I am thinking of rolling up a little or perhaps fringes what do you say? I probably don't have to spend a long time on the texture you do your own, or? Or else I can make a try. Tell me what you want my love.

Dang, I'm going to have to dig out my copy of Marvelous.... I bought it and never installed it headdesk 

___

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:39 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:42 AM

No big deal Kitteh. At least you have a copy! I have heard that it is indigenous people in Borneo who still don't have Marvelous Designer.

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:42 AM

Quote - I love the way she bends, so easy to pose.   Her default body is closer to most women I see than Vicki's ever was.   Sure there are other things I want too (teeth morphs!) but I can wait.   People need to chill, there's too much drama over everything it seems these days :)  Anyway, I think she looks smashing with Vicki's dynamic skirt and top (by nikisatez). 

I think I want to marry her! :wub:

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:48 AM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - No big deal Kitteh. At least you have a copy! I have heard that it is indigenous people in Borneo who still don't have Marvelous Designer.

not true lol - I'll admit that I've never heard of the program lol.:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 12:52 AM

"I'll admit that I've never heard of the program lol"

Dawn and Marvelous Designer is a match in heaven.

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:01 AM

Quote - ...  Where is a good place to ask for detailed help on the rigging and shader (or whatever they're called in Daz) processes and norms?  Preferably somewhere that won't mind me referencing poser /as a reference/.  ...

You could try at the Hivewire forums when they are up ...

Or read this simplified guide to creation content:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/14421

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:07 AM

Quote - No big deal Kitteh. At least you have a copy! I have heard that it is indigenous people in Borneo who still don't have Marvelous Designer.

People in Europe who don't have so much money are fitting that description too.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:13 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:14 AM

Never even heard of Marvelous Designer either and must be nice and expensive too boot.

Though can't tell as the site is down for maintenance.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:14 AM
Forum Coordinator

Ok I gots another question:) can anyone help me or point me to where I can find out how to convert poser morphs to ds morphs for Dawn? How do you set up .pmd character morphs for ds use?

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:27 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:32 AM

Quote - "I'll admit that I've never heard of the program lol"

Dawn and Marvelous Designer is a match in heaven.

Though from a rather old review of the software there are only two pricing models for the software from this one review though probably more by now.

http://www.fignations.com/index.php/indepth-reviews/45-graphics-software/77-marvelous-designer-2

Quote - The personal license is $99.00 with distribution of 3D items created in the software on a non-commercial basis only. Distribution and sale of 2D images and animations made in the program  is allowed. Use is prohibited for companies, government agencies, and educational organizations. An upgrade to the small business license from the personal license is $600.00.

The small business license is $699.00 with distribution and sale of all 3D and 2D works created in the software allowes. Use is for individuals or companies with 10 or fewer employees. Use is prohibited for companies with more than 10 employees, government agencies, and educational organizations.

Looks good though yeah not sure on the other bits though..  And well seems version 3 of the software is floating around.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:34 AM

The new site for the new MD3 opens tomorrow (or rather it is promised to open tomorrow).

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:34 AM

LOL... I have to find where I downloaded it, and how to resurrect my license LOL. It;s been so long, I hope I haven't lost it. Stuff you are making is making my mouth water!!!! 

___

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:37 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:38 AM

Edited to add: this is my answer to Guardian_Angel_671's question ... this thread sure is moving fast!

Did you make your morphs in an external software?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6483/

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:40 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:42 AM

Quote - Never even heard of Marvelous Designer either and must be nice and expensive too boot.

Though can't tell as the site is down for maintenance.

I bought it when they had a $99 special. It was at least a year ago, maybe longer, I really don't remember. Could be as far back as when first Genesis was coming out. I remember the special was run at the time where I had a lot of poser things going on, I bought it so I donlt miss the sale and I wanted to support them, cause I've been watching them develop for some time... then I ran out of time to do anything with it.

the korean version of the site is up http://www.clo.co.kr/
US version - under maintenance at the moment: http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/

___

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:44 AM

Quote - Latexluv!

I had a close look and then I asked my roommate for an opinion. I think that a classier casual look for the cut off jean shorts would be for the bottoms to be rolled up just a little. Not a large roll up, but a smaller roll up. Usually I use procedural shaders on clothing but when it comes to something like jeans, it really needs a texture and I don't have jean resources images. What I see on your screen as a texture for the shorts looks good! Does that export from the program with the model?

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:51 AM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - Edited to add: this is my answer to Guardian_Angel_671's question ... this thread sure is moving fast!

Did you make your morphs in an external software?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6483/

I was asking for a friend -she usually uses zbrush or poser morphtool & magnets.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:07 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:08 AM

Kitteh, "I bought it when they had a $99 special"

As long as you have your login details nothing is lost. I assume there will be an upgrade price tomorrow at least you can download a new trial version!

It is not obvious how to use MD for 3D cloth though.
Do not fall into the trap of making those elaborate "real world patterns" which the MD Team loves. Use simple patterns. Right and left front + back + arms will often suffice. Instead create you fabulous designs using internal lines. ("select all" shows their positions) These lines will carry over to your 3D modeler which you then can use for material zones and/or UV areas. Be sure that your the checkerboard pattern is distributed evenly. (Hedaus UVLayout will do that automatically)

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:14 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:18 AM

Latexluv, "Not a large roll up, but a smaller roll up."
Ok, I can see the current fashion on the Internet right now!

"I don't have jeans resources images,"
Don't worry, I have so much texture that I had to build an annex to my house..

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:25 AM

Gee, that's almost me on V4 texture resources. I've got 3 texture resources that are no longer available in the marketplace. And I've got V3 Merchant Resources and a couple of V2 ones somewhere. I don't have nearly enough for M3 or M4.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:38 AM

Quote - > Quote - Testing the satin shader still. This time on dawn...still having difficulties with getting other colours to work as I would like.

You're experiencing the classic mistake of the non-math shader person.

For any given setup (gamma, lights, environment, pose, angle, color) you can find a shader setting that looks OK as you expect it to. (Similarly, you could just draw it and it would look OK, too) Change anything, and now you moved to a different position on the response curve of the shader, and now it doesn't look OK. You see the result as needing "tweaking".

If you are familiar with mathematical graphs, the situation is this: Given a single setup (i.e. a single X value in your graph) you keep tweaking until the shader output (Y value) seems to look OK. But the shape of your graph (how it will respond to all the other X values) is not visible to you and you have no idea that what you've got is wildly incorrect. Essentially you're looking at your entire graph through a pinhole, and adjusting until that one point lines up with your pinhole.

But as soon as you move your pinhole (setup changes, i.e. different X value) you discover that your function is not in line with that pinhole, so you move it up or down to re-align. But now go back to your first pinhole and you find you moved the entire function, not just the point you wanted to tweak, and your original OK results are now terrible.

I don't know what you're doing with your bricks so I can't help you fix it. You will faff about endlessly if you're eyeballing your pinhole.

lol...you got it in one. I'm definitely not a math person and I do feel like I'm faffing around.

i may have to start a thread over at DAZ and see if ican get some of the math people over there to check my settings. Unfortunately no playing today as I'm back at work...

Jennyver ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:38 AM

Quote - Whoa, if any of you have a steam account, I just spotted Silo on summer sale for $29.99... crazyyyy!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/100400/

Oh thx for the Info.
I always wanted to try modeling :)

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:42 AM

Quote - Well, now I know that the textures I used work in both Poser and Studio, the project I have been working on will be released as a freebie when Dawn appears. With that project you will be able to use the Resource suit to make tshirts, shorts etc. quite easily.

This will give users a basic start until other things appear.

Kewl ... this is an excellent start. 

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:48 AM

Quote - > Quote - I don't understand. Why are people wanting to make Dawn shaped like Vicky 4? Don't most pole morph the bejeezus out of Vicky to make look less Vicky like?

I could be wrong as I'm new to autofit -but I'm guessing it's for autofit to work on her. I hope someone will let me know if I'm guessing right.

Yes...but if we can't we can't and they person who suggested a dawn shape for Genesis might be on the right track but we would need permission from Hivewire to do so.

i love Dawn, but I also love Genesis, not so sure about genf2 but that's a story for another thread. If Zev continues to work his magic and adds a male shape to the mix I may succumb in th end.  Back to Dawn though for me she i represents more than a figure and is also a chance for our community to heal the rift, or should I say chasm That developed over the last two years.

god I hate posting on an iPad...please excuse the mistakes autocorrect is driving me crazy...

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:58 AM

Quote - Would it be same way for DS? I'm wanting to see if I can make an autofit clone:)

hi, if your using Hex.

load Dawn

send her to hex via the icon in DS or use the menu iirc it's file/send to hexagon

create your shape without adding any additional vertices

send back to DS via the menu or icon 

A dialogue will open in ds asking if you want to create a morph

i can't say from that point as I haven't created a clone yet myself look for the options mentioned above. If I get chance I'll try it myself on the weekend and write a step by step with pictures.

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:17 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:21 AM

"and they person who suggested a dawn shape for Genesis might be on the right track but we would need permission from Hivewire to do so."

Yes I wonder why they have not given the permission yet. We also need a V4 UV map so we can use all our textures for V4.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:27 AM

Hi all, some nice MD stuff coming out there!!!

The one thing I have noticed recently about shorts is....

The pockets appear to show the inner liner below the edge of he shorts.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:29 AM

file_496372.jpg

Okay, so how about this makeup?

Weapons of choice:

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:30 AM

As to Silo, grab it, it's a great modeller to start with.

Plus all those Difital Tutor products here in the store by John will get you up and running in no time, just remember if you are a beginner, to start right at the beginning with the starter pack. Yep it's for V4, but you need to start somewhere and all of John's stuff can easily be transfers to a Dawn project.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:32 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:32 AM

Latexluv, "so how about this makeup?"

I will be the first one to buy this set.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:49 AM

Thanks Kitten! I have been looking for an excuse to try my hands at modeling. Love the hair I have it as a MUST HAVE and so far at the top of the list for things to buy for her. Now if anyone is making shoes. Highheels and Boots!!! PLEASE!!!! I am working on poses so hoping ot have a couple of sets ready by her release date.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:55 AM

Some other things for those just starting making things, check out the Morphography site for their quicksuit and quickdresses.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 4:00 AM

file_496373.jpg

Better render of the Pink.

Weapons of choice:

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 4:32 AM

You got the gift, the divine spark from the gods.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 4:40 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 4:41 AM

Heee, heee, I know enough about paintshop to be dangerous. I just finished a sort of goth makeup. Hand colored. I have an image search for makeups in another window and I found on one of the pages a similar one to the goth I just painted! Personally, I haven't worn makeup since I had to appear in Estate court to be named the Executrix of my father's estate, and it's been even longer since I was a Cosmetics Manager in a drug store.....so I'm out of the loop when in comes to what lips shades go with what eyeshades these days. That's why the image search.

P.S. Can't figure out what lip shade would go with sky blue eye makeup.....

Weapons of choice:

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 4:42 AM

Quote - > Quote - We have seen in this thread photos of two people who would be considered "unrealistic" if exactly modeled, the ever delightfully lovely AO

Thank you for the compliment! And look, I became Ambient Occlusion again! WEEE! xD

The way you dance (I like belly dancing - as audience not paticipant), you can be anything you like.  :-)

Quote - > Quote - and that guy who so resembles the Tazmanian Devil cartoon.  (We all remember Taz, rght?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Taz! Awesome stuff.

Oh, yeah.  Too bad Warner Brothers didn't do more with him.

Quote - > Quote - However, since they don't fit the model of "realistic", they don't exist.  (Sorry, dear AO, but you're obviously only a figment of some artist's over-active imagination.)

I'm... a fairy? I can live with that. Hey people, if you believe I exist, clap your hands! ;)

clap-clap-clappity-clap

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 4:53 AM

file_496375.jpg

Merry Christmas or good Fairy Makeup.

Weapons of choice:

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:20 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:35 AM

Latexluv,

Executrix of your father's estate, Cosmetics Manager in a drug store, owner of a large number Merchant Resources right back to V3 and V2, more then 20 years of experience..

Information continues to trickle in, and I, the ardent studier of human nature and the psychology of the individual, collect evidence. I remember another lady, who must have been a kindred spirit:

Cleopatra (the last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt) was educated to be a queen from 12 years age. She spoke seven languages, Greek, Ethiopian, Hebrew, Troglodyte, Arabian, Syrian, Mede, and Persian(Parthian), was regarded a great beauty of the time and wrote a book about cosmetica. All according to Plutarch, the Roman biographer.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:37 AM

file_496376.jpg

Okay, I hope this is a good Goth makeup.

And you are such a flatterer! I'm afraid that by today's standards, Cleo was not as much a beauty. A few coins have surfaced within the last couple of years with her portrait. I believe I also read that her sister's crypt was found last year (who Cleo may or may not have had assassinated). Heh, I would have been an archaeologist right now if I had been able to handle extremes of temperature. I would have specialized in the Mayan civilization and particularly their glyphic language. But I still read archaeology articles daily. Too bad there isn't enough archaeological type props around. Anyway, now I'm a novelist and Poser artist.

Weapons of choice:

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:43 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:44 AM

A novelist? Are you not going to say more? ..have you said A you must say B..!

The goth makeup is right on target!

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:43 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:45 AM

Well, I've got six makeups made. I have the Material Shaders saved. I will make presets for just the eye makeups and the lips seperately so people can mix and match. I think I made six eye Material shaders. Debating on making a body tattoo. I had a V4 character with extensive body tattoos made for me by my roommate, but she didn't sell as well as my Drow Elf character. So I'm wondering if I should move on and make the Drow texture for Dawn. I know some people were hoping for the ear morphs for fairies and elves and I'd need those to make Dawn into a Drow. What do people think of a Drow Elf Character????

P.S. Still didn't figure out a good lipstick to go with sky blue eyeshader. May use the sky blue for the Drow if people are interested.

P.P.S. I'd put a link to my where my novel is for sale but I don't think its within the TOS. It's a vampire novel. It was going to be a trilogy but then my father passed away and a year and a half later my mother passed and I moved to Canada. I totally lost the storyline in all of that.

Weapons of choice:

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:53 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:56 AM

But the Drow Elfs are evil..

"Too bad there isn't enough archaeological type props around"

hmm...

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:57 AM

Only if you go strickly by AD&D rules. Rules are made to be broken. Clerics only using blunt weapons! BAH! I guess someone didn't research and discover all those blades hidden within crucifixes!

Weapons of choice:

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:59 AM

file_496377.jpg

ok, here's some progress eye candy. Dres, shoes, I'm adding a little choker and a bracelet. It's in Zbrush now to add a few irregularities and skirt flow, to make it more natural looking. I managed to rope Arien into making textures, so you can expect some super snazzy textures!!!!

___

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:03 AM

Wow, that's looking great! I'm not usually a fan of dresses, but that is just looking so nice!

Weapons of choice:

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:05 AM

Just a warning about steampowered ...

it requires to have Steam installed and running in the background everytime you use it.  This also means an internet connection when you go to buy it and install it.

And while Steam supposedly runs offline after activation, it is also prone to a “bug” (quotes very deliberate) that makes it impossible to run Steam offline. I literally had to change code in a config file to fix it so I could play my already-purchased games.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.