Mon, Jun 17, 4:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:30 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:16 PM

Quote - Yes.  The point is not that people want Dawn to look like V4.  They want Dawn to be able to wear V4's clothes.

Its a good thing Dawn doesn't have parents.. It'd break the poor old geezers hearts to see their sweet little girl dressing like her slutty cousin!!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:17 PM

Yes it is, people have asked for specific renders, they have asked for specific clothing etc.

Just because people don't have Dawn at the moment, does not mean they cannot join in with questions and comments.

But.... There may be things that people cannot speak of due to NDA's.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

shante ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:17 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Oh noooo, I killed the thread.... kitteh blushes

Here's some hair I'm making for Dawn, would that help?  I donlt remember if I showed it here before or not.

Any new Dawn renders, peeps?
I'm modeling and UV mapping today... so nothing really exciting to see here.

I love this messy looking hair. Please don't make this a Cr2 hair product? I hate those. I love artists that offer both for sods like me needing to fit hair on many different characters. Conforming hair just won't play nice like that when trying to make it work on non conforming parents. Even if you parent it to the head for instance, long flowing Cr2 hair morphs die or become a nightmare to work with whereas nicely made and completely morpheable Hr2 hair works better.

Gotcha!
I haven't decided how I'm going to rig it... I want to make sure it's a functional and as versatile as I can make it. 

Oh cool beans! Can't wait to see this out there to play with. The more movement morphs and shape change morphs added with variety of good textures and transmaps the better. Well made hair does wonders to making a better render sing.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:19 PM

Could we have that as "skimply" dressed please. It's not really fair to somone who has spent time on something for it to be dismissed in such a way.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:27 PM

I have a wee request for anyone with access to Dawn at the moment...

Since Dawn's hands appear to be more "realistic" when compared to the stylized grace of DAZ figures, I would like to see her hand gripping a handgun/pistol/phaser type weapon please.

The DAZ hands might look classy for glamour/pin-up poses, but look far too long and skinny when wrapped around a pistol grip, so is quite unnatural looking to me.

cheers

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:27 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:28 PM
Forum Coordinator

Ok can someone please pm me some really easy beginner instructions for making a clone so I can use v4 clothes on Dawn lol.I've tried following both those links provided & I'm messing up somwhere lol.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:29 PM

No.

I dont self censor to be politically correct.

It was a joke.  If people cant see past that then I feel bad for them.  as a disclaimer it was in no way intended to dismiss anyones work.  But from an imagined old school parents point of view skimpy=slutty

Quote - Could we have that as "skimply" dressed please. It's not really fair to somone who has spent time on something for it to be dismissed in such a way.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:34 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:34 PM

Guardian_Angel_671,

1. Make a morph of Dawn so she looks like V4 ( in obj)
  2. Load as morph, give it a name and set type to "Modifier/clone" (instead of Modifier/Shape)

Now in Autofitter, your clone will show up in the list.

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:36 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:36 PM

Quote - I have a wee request for anyone with access to Dawn at the moment...

Since Dawn's hands appear to be more "realistic" when compared to the stylized grace of DAZ figures, I would like to see her hand gripping a handgun/pistol/phaser type weapon please.

The DAZ hands might look classy for glamour/pin-up poses, but look far too long and skinny when wrapped around a pistol grip, so is quite unnatural looking to me.

cheers

Actually her fingers are roughly the same thickness as V4 and Genesis. I'm sure there will be a finger thickness morph or something like that.

My Renderosity Store

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:42 PM

Aye, I can get Genesis hands looking good with a wee tweak or two, but gripping a pistol is a quality test I'd still like to see - hands doing nothing tells me nothing.

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:43 PM

Quote - I have a wee request for anyone with access to Dawn at the moment...

cheers

Would tell you but then I would have to mind wipe you and then run for the hills.. lol :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:52 PM

I'm not asking people to censor to be politically correct, I'm just asking out of politeness to other peoples work.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:53 PM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - Guardian_Angel_671,

1. Make a morph of Dawn so she looks like V4 ( in obj)
  2. Load as morph, give it a name and set type to "Modifier/clone" (instead of Modifier/Shape)

Now in Autofitter, your clone will show up in the list.

oh it's the .obj we adjust? thanks. this will be loads of fun -i stink in hex lol. told ya i'm a total newbie. Also another newbie question -how do I load as a morph?

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 1:59 PM

cut/paste from ghostly post...

The Vampire at Dawn!  :-)  Awesome teeth.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:01 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:07 PM

Quote - oh it's the .obj we adjust? thanks. this will be loads of fun -i stink in hex lol. told ya i'm a total newbie. Also another newbie question -how do I load as a morph?

I export the body from Poser, as a single frame obj.  You can leave out teeth and thangs you're not going to change. 

Then import the obj into Silo.  (Hex hates me.)  Alter the body then import the new saved obj into Poser as a full body morph.

(Figure/Import Full Body Morph, I think.)

*Be sure you only move the polys!  Don't add or subtract.  Watch the seam lines between the body parts, too.  :-)  They can separate.

*You can also grab your figure directly from her Geometries folder, within Poser.

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:10 PM
Forum Coordinator

Would it be same way for DS? I'm wanting to see if I can make an autofit clone:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

andolaurina ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:20 PM

I would actually like to have Dawn as part of the Genesis gene pool. I'd pay Hivewire for that.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:30 PM

Quote - I would actually like to have Dawn as part of the Genesis gene pool. I'd pay Hivewire for that.

Kind of defeats the whole "Unity" point now doesn't it? And which Gene pool are we talking? Genesis one or Genesis 2... or both?

andolaurina ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:32 PM

I was meaning Genesis 1. And using it in Poser. I've had no trouble with Genesis in Poser.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:36 PM

Guardian_Angel_671,

Export Dawn as obj. Use the default settings except for one thing, SubDivision Level must be 0.
After the modifications import (Edit/Object)Morph Loader Pro, Click "Choose morph files" and pick up your obj. If everything goes well you will see "Created morph successfully".
Go to the Parameters tab and find your new morph. (Click all and use the search box)
Then click the little gear icon in the top right corner and choose Parameter Settings. Change type Modifier/Shape to Modifier/clone. Done.

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:41 PM

andolaurina,

See the post above. Do the same as Guardian_Angel except make a Genesis morph (Instead of V4). Then you can use all the Genesis cloth for Dawn.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:44 PM

Quote - I would actually like to have Dawn as part of the Genesis gene pool. I'd pay Hivewire for that.

The whole point of Dawn I would say (my opinion) is to give the Poser community new figure to call their own so to speak, that does not require a 3 party app to import it into Poser.

While Genesis is nice and all the need for Dson to get it into Poser drove a lot of people away from using it. (my opinion again here)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:47 PM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - Guardian_Angel_671,

Export Dawn as obj. Use the default settings except for one thing, SubDivision Level must be 0.
After the modifications import (Edit/Object)Morph Loader Pro, Click "Choose morph files" and pick up your obj. If everything goes well you will see "Created morph successfully".
Go to the Parameters tab and find your new morph. (Click all and use the search box)
Then click the little gear icon in the top right corner and choose Parameter Settings. Change type Modifier/Shape to Modifier/clone. Done.

thank you -will try this evening after I get errands done.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:52 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2013 at 3:03 PM

Quote -

cut/paste from ghostly post...

The Vampire at Dawn!  :-)  Awesome teeth.

@Jan19

Glad you like them, used Hexagon to make them just can't tell ya how though.

Kludge ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quote - Should pull 35 year old organ off the porch, strip out the gold plated contact wires and scrap it, powersupply belly up.  Could fix it, only needs filter caps and rectifiers, but hands don't work like they once did, don't know what I'd fix it for.

Hmmm ... the cab sould be cool for installing shelves and stuff but I wouldn't mind the electronics and wiring and stuff.  There's always something cool that can be made from them.  My hands shake a lot now so soldering et al are a challenge but I've been playing with electronics since the mid-50s and a ham since 1961. 

K3MXO (now in KH6 land)

booksbydavid ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 3:03 PM

Quote - I haven't seen this answered yet.

Will this model work in Carrara?

I certainly hope so.

Hey, tsarist. I'm guessing since Dawn is going to be a weight mapped figure that she won't be readily useable in Carrara. Although I'm thinking from the Poser side of things. Carrara 8.5 might be able to use the Studio version of Dawn. Don't know as I haven't been following 8.5's development.

Fenric's weight map conversion tool might work for her, but I haven't had much luck with it for V4 wm.

I in no way know this for certain, but the character description makes me think that Carrara users are out of luck. Hope I'm wrong. If someone will prove me wrong, I will be a very happy camper. :)

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 3:08 PM

I don't think that's possible.  They are entirely different figures.  Dawn has twice as many polys as Genesis. 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 3:20 PM

Perhaps a tester with Carrara can come back with a yes or no?

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 3:20 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2013 at 3:21 PM

@ randym77V4 had way more polys than Genesis? But the clone exists.

My Renderosity Store

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 4:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Oh noooo, I killed the thread.... kitteh blushes

Here's some hair I'm making for Dawn, would that help?  I donlt remember if I showed it here before or not.

Any new Dawn renders, peeps?
I'm modeling and UV mapping today... so nothing really exciting to see here.

I love this messy looking hair. Please don't make this a Cr2 hair product? I hate those. I love artists that offer both for sods like me needing to fit hair on many different characters. Conforming hair just won't play nice like that when trying to make it work on non conforming parents. Even if you parent it to the head for instance, long flowing Cr2 hair morphs die or become a nightmare to work with whereas nicely made and completely morpheable Hr2 hair works better.

Gotcha!
I haven't decided how I'm going to rig it... I want to make sure it's a functional and as versatile as I can make it. 

I adore this hair model and would love jewely / combs / pearls / ans ribbons options.  A definite buy product for me.

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 5:46 PM

Thanks, vintorix.  :-)  You gave much better directions for exporting a figure from DS than I could've.

ghostly...ah, come on.  ;-)  You can tell me!  (Just kidding.)

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 6:13 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2013 at 6:15 PM

file_496364.jpg

Anything like this?  :-)

Sweet little Roxie...somebody made her vampire.

ZBrush is what done it.  Teeth are HARD to mask!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 6:51 PM

Quote - > Quote - Yes.  The point is not that people want Dawn to look like V4.  They want Dawn to be able to wear V4's clothes.

Its a good thing Dawn doesn't have parents.. It'd break the poor old geezers hearts to see their sweet little girl dressing like her slutty cousin!!

Please, let's not drag this into slutshaming, I've had enough of people thinking they can dictate what I can and cannot wear in real life to have it in 3d stuff as well.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 6:58 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2013 at 7:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - Should pull 35 year old organ off the porch, strip out the gold plated contact wires and scrap it, powersupply belly up.  Could fix it, only needs filter caps and rectifiers, but hands don't work like they once did, don't know what I'd fix it for.

Hmmm ... the cab sould be cool for installing shelves and stuff but I wouldn't mind the electronics and wiring and stuff.  There's always something cool that can be made from them.  My hands shake a lot now so soldering et al are a challenge but I've been playing with electronics since the mid-50s and a ham since 1961. 

K3MXO (now in KH6 land)

WB6EOQ in 1963, WA9JTF in '64.  RIg got old in the early 90's, and circumstances didn't allow for new expenditures.  The organ is a Thomas Celebrity Royale, the last one Thomas made, literally.  I think it was made out of rejected parts from the get-go.  I might look a salvaging the Leslie system, and the audio out, but the rest of it need too much work to do much with.  I could, at the time it let out the smoke, play for maybe half a minute before my left hand went numb, half a minute later the fingers wouldn't work.  If the case was real wood, it would be worth keeping the wood, but it's fiberboard, heavy and dense, but still fiberboard.  Two full manuals, full pedalboard, it eats a lot of floor, which I don't have much left now.  Still got my Vibroplex Original, spent a lot of hours wiggling that thing, back when I was running SCR274N transmitter and 31 whole watts.  Think that was more fun than when I went up in power.

Almost forgot, P2-12-8015 a month after I got my general.

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

Kludge ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 7:36 PM

This is opinion.  It is to be taken as opinion.  Anyone who takes it any other way can note the mistletoe attached to my shirt tail ... ummm ... when I remember to wear a shirt that actually has a tail.

I have two projects in the works that requires models of people in my life from as long as 60 years ago.  I don't have photos or anything but I do have memories that are still reasonably sharp - sharp enough to work from.  (I had photos and they arrived at LAX with me but that bit of baggage never made it to HNL.)  When the models "come to life" for me, I'll consider them complete. Will they be absolutely picture perfect?  No, and I don't expect them to be.  Will they be as close as I can make them?  Yes.  That, to me, is realistic

With that, I believe that anyone who insists that his/her work is realistic and that of others isn't because (s)he works from real people as his/her sources is only fooling him/herself.  A 3D model is not a photograph in 3 dimensions.  It is, at best, a simulation of a real person as seen through that individual's eyes.  We have seen in this thread photos of two people who would be considered "unrealistic" if exactly modeled, the ever delightfully lovely AO and that guy who so resembles the Tazmanian Devil cartoon.  (We all remember Taz, rght?)  However, since they don't fit the model of "realistic", they don't exist.  (Sorry, dear AO, but you're obviously only a figment of some artist's over-active imagination.) Come to think of it Twiggy & Tiny Tim and the really tall Chinese basketball player whose name I forget don't exist either.  They aren't "realistic."

Look at Reby Sky who, incidentally, I do not find attractive at all.  There exists a model (actually two built on different core characters) that has been touted by some as "realistic" simply because it is based on a real person.  Looking at renders using that model and at photos of the lady herself, I find nothing but a superficial resemblance.  This is true of other models based on real people as well.  Close but not cigar-worthy.

The universe does not adhere to man's "rules" and, contrary to the belief of some, never has.  That includes the supposed rules of heredity, genetics and about anything else that can be made into rules.  Over the past 68 years I've seen people of all sorts, sizes, colors, shapes etc who don't fit that "realistic" mold - don't fit the "rules."  Out of the ordinary, yes, but they all were very, very real.  This tells me that those "rules" are general suggestions rather than hard and fast law and are notable more by the exceptions.  Some things are obvious.  For example, I've yet to see a human being with purple skin.  Or yellow eyes.  Or naturally green hair.  Well, not when sober, at least ... and I went clean & dry in 1968.  OTOH, I have seen people with unusually long canines who could be mistaken for vampires.

What does this have to do with Dawn?  Very simply this.  Saying she's not realistic because she's not based on a real person is rather myoptic.  If one looks around long enough, one can find a "prototype" for her and a great number of other supposedly not realistic models.  But basing only on photographs is taking a very, very, very narrow cross section thinned by blind obedience to manmade rules that nature doesn't acknowledge as law. 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 7:44 PM

Quote - We have seen in this thread photos of two people who would be considered "unrealistic" if exactly modeled, the ever delightfully lovely AO

Thank you for the compliment! And look, I became Ambient Occlusion again! WEEE! xD

Quote - and that guy who so resembles the Tazmanian Devil cartoon.  (We all remember Taz, rght?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Taz! Awesome stuff.

Quote - However, since they don't fit the model of "realistic", they don't exist.  (Sorry, dear AO, but you're obviously only a figment of some artist's over-active imagination.)

I'm... a fairy? I can live with that. Hey people, if you believe I exist, clap your hands! ;)

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 8:07 PM

you can wear whatever you like and are comfortable with... If you let forum jokes effect what you wear... well... then you'd have bigger problems than your wardrobe!!

Its not hard to see how forums always devolve into fights though.  

It sucks when you have to explain your jokes but.. well such is the internet... sigh

Premise:

1. Dawns creators seem to be taking a more traditional or modest slant with Dawn, given their intention not to have anything overly suggestive sold on their site.

2. V4 has a higher percent of sexually suggestive to oughtright pornographic things in her wardrobe or product base than most people.  Especially if you were to look into units sold.

Context:

Given the above the joke imagines her 'parents' as fairly conservative 'square' types (which is fitting given that as a model she likely started as a cube :) ).

parents as such are implied by the joke would look at a girl with as much provactive wear compared to normal wear in her wardrobe as dressing 'slutty' 

The term is common parlance and does not necessarily carry with it judgement on morality or even the actuality of a persons sexual promiscuity.  In my younger days a lot of my friends would dress provacatively and happily tell you they were going for a slutty look.  Not one of them was overly permiscuous nor were they insulting themselves or suffering from self esteem issues.  A number of them -were- enjoying provoking dissapproval or discomfort from their more conservative older generation family members.  

ok.. so there is 5 minuts of my life I'll never get back.....  do we need to get a counselor in here to put any bruised feelings back together or can we move on

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Yes.  The point is not that people want Dawn to look like V4.  They want Dawn to be able to wear V4's clothes.

Please, let's not drag this into slutshaming, I've had enough of people thinking they can dictate what I can and cannot wear in real life to have it in 3d stuff as well.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 8:12 PM

I know all that, meatSim. It's just that lately people are too eager to call out on "slut wear" (both in Poser/DSdom and in real life) and to judge.

I understand people who prefer regular everyday clothes for their 3d girls, or fantasy/sci fi stuff that aren't too revealing, but really there are many other ways to refer to the revealing stuff, calling out "slut" is offensive both to the creator of the outfit and to the person who'd wear it in RL with no problems (like myself with most of the stuff for V4 that people love to call slut wear)...

- - - - - - 

Kludge ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quote - And then you go on to describe what would be the most hated people in model railroading, the "rivet counters".  Find one little detail that isn't letter perfect and scream bloody murder the hated cry of the rivet counter, "THAT AIN'T PROTOTYPICAL!"

Being a freelancer who at least tried to find a prototype, I had a lot of scale rails tied up in knots.  They'd say "Ain't no such critter!" and I'd haul out a photo of just such a critter, usually a shop-made piece specially made for a single purpose.  They didn't like that very much but that was their kuleana not mine.

It's the same thing here.  Show me a human model and sure as shooting, somewhere out in that 6 billion (7 billion) people on this planet, there is a prototype. 

ambermoore ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 8:25 PM

@Instrument discussion: I want my piano back.

To Dawn:  I am greatly looking forward to her... but even more, I'm looking forward to her male counterpart.  

Side question for those of you who have been rigging etc. in daz.  I'm just getting into content creation mostly for my own projects, but I'd been planning on offering anything I got working well to the comunity.  I fully plan on adding Dawn and any male counterpart to my work flow.  I'm reasonably confident of my ability to figure out rigging etc. for Poser (Or at least locate assistance), but Daz Studio is a program I struggle with.  With most of the other figures I use, I probably won't bother to make suplemental versions... but with Dawn it seems like a better idea.  Where is a good place to ask for detailed help on the rigging and shader (or whatever they're called in Daz) processes and norms?  Preferably somewhere that won't mind me referencing poser /as a reference/.

I've been following this thread reasonably closely, but at 120 pages, I have likely missed quite a few good resources in the sheer volume of posts.

Kludge ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 8:26 PM

Quote - > Quote - What scale do you model?  I do N Scale...

Steam era HO.

Steam era HO & HOn30 (plus a little 1/2"n30 using O scale 2-rail track way back when.)  It included a couple early boxcab diesels and the occasional gasser for fun.  Hmmm ... I wonder if I've enough space for a bookshelf layout here ... :-)

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 8:26 PM

Quote - I know all that, meatSim. It's just that lately people are too eager to call out on "slut wear" (both in Poser/DSdom and in real life) and to judge.

I understand people who prefer regular everyday clothes for their 3d girls, or fantasy/sci fi stuff that aren't too revealing, but really there are many other ways to refer to the revealing stuff, calling out "slut" is offensive both to the creator of the outfit and to the person who'd wear it in RL with no problems (like myself with most of the stuff for V4 that people love to call slut wear)...

Thats fine.. keep putting words in my mouth, assume motives and judgements that aren't there .   I dont want to go back and forth on it as its becoming off topic

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 8:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - I know all that, meatSim. It's just that lately people are too eager to call out on "slut wear" (both in Poser/DSdom and in real life) and to judge.

Thats fine.. keep putting words in my mouth, assume motives and judgements that aren't there .   I dont want to go back and forth on it as its becoming off topic

I wasn't speaking of you specifically, meatSim. I meant it happens in the forums.

Sorry if I sounded otherwise.

- - - - - - 

Kludge ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 8:44 PM

Quote - another fun render from one of our testers (DAZ Studio default render)

Dawn lara croft

Hot chick packing heat ... Now that is cool!

Kludge ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 9:30 PM

Quote - Normally the length of a hand is about the same as the length of the face. Dawn's looks quite short of that. So I think the shortness of her hands is one of the things that's been bothering me in the renders, but also the wrists that are an odd shape.

Hmmm ... my hand only comes up to mid-forehead.  I guess I either have small hands or am big-headed. 😕

RFreise ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 11:04 PM

Quote - > Quote - Normally the length of a hand is about the same as the length of the face. Dawn's looks quite short of that. So I think the shortness of her hands is one of the things that's been bothering me in the renders, but also the wrists that are an odd shape.

Hmmm ... my hand only comes up to mid-forehead.  I guess I either have small hands or am big-headed. 😕

Hmm same here 

Curiosity got the better of me so I had to look in a mirror and see

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 11:11 PM

I believe you exist! I am clapping!

Quote - > Quote - However, since they don't fit the model of "realistic", they don't exist.  (Sorry, dear AO, but you're obviously only a figment of some artist's over-active imagination.)

I'm... a fairy? I can live with that. Hey people, if you believe I exist, clap your hands! ;)

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 11:14 PM

He he, experiencing meatSim having to explain his little joke was great fun! Subtle sarcasm always goes through so well in this forum... Anyhow I cannot understand people complaining. I tried complaining once in 1975 but found that it wasn't my cup of tea. This new situation with new versions of both Daz and Poser (with one of them free!) + free Dawn make me feel like a four year old who are let loose in a great toy store with parents away.

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 11:34 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2013 at 11:38 PM

Quote - The universe does not adhere to man's "rules" and, contrary to the belief of some, never has.  That includes the supposed rules of heredity, genetics and about anything else that can be made into rules.

You got that right!  I've got one and a half blue/gray/green eyes (they change) -- and half of one is hazelnut brown.  If somebody made a character with eyes like that, it'd be called unrealistic. 

When I was in high school, I had a friend with a build like AO.  Loooong waist.  Everybody envied her that long waist, and her curly hair that'd go into an afro -- without a perm.  And she was Caucasian.

And there's a lady of African-American descent who has the most beautiful cheekbones I've ever seen -- totally real -- right here in my hometown.  You could fit a small apple into the hollows under her cheekbones.  But when I make cheekbones like hers with Zbrush, they look unrealistic to me.  But she's got 'em.  :-)

Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction!  And in the case of my friend and the lady with the beautiful cheekbones, prettier, too.  :-)

As to slutwear...my kid and her friends went thru a stage where they called themselves getting 'all slutted up' to go out.  They thought it was cool -- and it was just a figure of speech.  😄

Kludge ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2013 at 11:50 PM

Quote - Speak for yourself Jan, as a DS user I don't want her, and it's not because of that pedo's wet dream that comes with DS, but rather from the massive headache she's going to cause for us, that and the flak Hivewire and the vendors are going to get for the lack of compatible content for the DS version.

First off, if you can't express yourself without profanity then maybe you should not do so at all.  This is polite company and even with the disagreements here no one has seen fit to unlesh an f-bomb ... or much of anything else.  Am I some kind of prude?  No.  I'm ex-Navy and live among a bunch of other vets, and know more profanity in several languages than you can imagine BUT there has never been any excuse to use it among gentlefolk like these.  None whatsoever.  Not from anyone.

Second, you speak for yourself.  I'm a DS user and can't wait to get my grubby mitts on her along with all the toys that will be coming.  In case you haven't noticed, the Poser vs DS differences have been and are being addressed only your attitude has blinded you to that.  Your loss. While other DS users and I are having a blast working with her, you're going to be mumbling in your milk about how horrid Hivewire et al are and how downtrodden you are. 

Deal with it, sonnyboy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.