Fri, May 17, 1:32 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 5:41 pm)

Subject: Getting thoughtful ...

Arraxxon ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2012 at 9:14 PM · edited Sat, 04 May 2024 at 4:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61FPSXnTLc

Mmh ... just getting thoughtful more and more ...

Why ?

Well - for instance, watching something like the new tech demo of a new game engine, calculated in realtime (if possible, watch it in 1080p quality) - click the YouTube link at the top of this posting ...

This stuff is done in realtime - i'm getting a funny feeling sometimes watching things like this - thinking, why do i setup a scenery in 3D and wait a few hours for the render getting one image as a result ... ?!

I know - there still is the artistic factor for each of those images, more or less, if i succeed in the content, look and feel of the image and idea ...

Anyway - like i said - just some basic thoughts  ...  ;-) ...

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2012 at 9:35 PM

DirectX, video card tricks, and game level designers that understand both.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 7:19 AM

Crysis 2 was one of the worst games I have ever wasted money on :(

yes gorgeous graphics, but abysmal, linear gameplay, sigh

Point is, the items/scenes are all built, limited though (no huge import of almost anything you can find/buy) and very very well optimized by professionals

the tech though does/will filter into art :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2012 at 7:40 AM · edited Sat, 11 August 2012 at 7:42 AM

If only the next Elder Scrolls could use that environment/physics engine.  But ES is too large of a sandbox scale with too much stuff in it.  Havok does the job ok.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2012 at 8:23 AM

Shawn

normally I preffer fantasy to scifi, but I have to say I'd MUCH rather have a new Fallout game ;)

Skyrim is very good, but somehow it..,lacks something, much better than previosu ES games though, which I've played since very 1st one, but the Elder Scrolls games still lack a certian coherence, can't quite put my finger on it.
Fallout 3 and Fallput new vegas were total blasts :)

saw on Daz that some perosn had got the assets otu of Fallout new vegas into 3DMax then DAZStudio, oooooh, fun!!!

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2012 at 9:21 AM · edited Mon, 13 August 2012 at 9:25 AM

Skyrim lacks color.  But the MODers have taken care of that.  Everything is too gray/black as the default.  In sunlight grass should have at least some color to it.  Living plants are not gray last I looked.  Fallout 3's grass has color.  And that is after a nuclear war.

ES characters also look too much the same.  The CryEngine 3 system probably will use guys modeled with lots of steroid use.

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2012 at 9:05 PM · edited Fri, 14 September 2012 at 9:08 PM

file_486458.jpg

You may want to reconsider that thought about Skyrim and colors.

Edit: Actually, you DID say that mods took care of the grayish problem :)

Thanks to the amazing work around the ENB graphic layer, you can turn Skyrim into a living, breathing Vue gallery  :)

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2012 at 9:07 PM

file_486459.jpg

Another example relatively close to a classic Vue scene...

I took hundreds of shots like these so far (still looking for a good way to share them online).

Skyrim .. or I should say Modded Skyrim (like Modded Oblivion and Modded Morrowind) are rare games where I regularly stop, look around, admire the view, and move on.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2012 at 11:26 PM

Now you just need to find the mod the removes the blackness from Skyrim when it's supposed to be the middle of the day.

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2012 at 12:19 AM

file_486460.jpg

Do you mean the very dark shadows?

Overall, shadows are quite light using this mod. 

I am using the Countervibe profile for ENB ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21912 ). I tried many and this one has a nice balance of color and light.

Darker shadows tend to happen in very dense areas only with this one, as it should be.

Overall, it turned the game into an entirely new beast. I feel like I am playing Skyrim as it should have been.

Here is another one with lighter shadows in the distance on the edge of the woods.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2012 at 12:28 AM · edited Sat, 15 September 2012 at 12:33 AM

Skyrim needs more GR lighting and subrays.  Less AO.

As a test.  Go outside at 12 noon and you will have a hard time finding black anywhere.  Then you'll have a ref to compare with.  Skyrim's artist had something in mind when they chose black as a major palette color for the game.  Maybe for LOD, black hid things better at distances.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.