Tue, May 21, 11:09 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 9:23 pm)

Subject: Angela figure by ali now free on ShareCG

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 10:24 AM · edited Wed, 28 February 2024 at 7:48 PM

Go and grab her. I think you'll like her. I have a few dynamic things for her in my freestuff too if you're interested :).

Laurie

martial ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 10:52 AM

Many thanks for this info

jartz ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 11:08 AM

Thanks

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 11:15 AM

She has one of the best 3d smiles around!

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 11:34 AM

Yep, love that smile...lol.

Laurie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 12:32 PM

Wow.  I remember seeing the figure and wanting to buy it but had to pass, due to being skint.  Thanks, Ali.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 12:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 1:01 PM · edited Tue, 17 May 2011 at 1:02 PM

Just did this image yesterday. I'm still making clothes for the gal ;) Will get the dress and rings up in my freestuff at some point.

Laurie

patorak3d ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 1:10 PM

i wonder how she'd look in a turtleneck sweater,  female kilt and flats?

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 1:12 PM

Quote - i wonder how she'd look in a turtleneck sweater,  female kilt and flats?

I really do need to make some shoes...lol.

Laurie

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 1:46 PM

How should we grab her?

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

patorak3d ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 2:30 PM · edited Tue, 17 May 2011 at 2:32 PM

A lady like her.  By the hand.

LaurieA.  i thought you made a pair a long time ago.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 2:40 PM

I made those for V4. It was practice ;)

Laurie

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 3:57 PM

Nice!

I was planning on buying her a while ago and never got around to it and free is even better since my car insurance is going to be due very soon. :D

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 4:41 PM · edited Tue, 17 May 2011 at 4:46 PM

Mankahoo (Ali):

Has recently introduced his new figure Ang2. Which you can see on his Website which I linked to the above name. His new figure seems to bend very well. WW2 support for both of these figures would be welcome. I incidentally noticed that Antonia now has WW2 support when I visited PhilC's site today.

I notice that Mankahoo has some content on his site for Angela.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2011 at 11:52 PM

My favorite Figure .hoping for more support.Textures,morphes and clothes are allways wellcome ;) .

patorak3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2011 at 1:43 PM

Awesome!  Her individual toes are posable!

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2011 at 1:53 PM · edited Wed, 18 May 2011 at 1:54 PM

Incidentally, I asked Evilinnocence for XDresser files for Angela back when I first bought her. I'm not sure they've ever been included. Maybe if a lot of us beg? lol.

Laurie

patorak3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2011 at 1:57 PM

Excellent! 

Anyone got a shoe fit morph?

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 6:06 PM

Her facial expressions are by FAR the best of any Poser figure.  I've been waiting 10 years for a face that can do a real stretched-out smile or an open-mouthed surprise.

All other models go wrong and move in unnatural directions when you try to reach those endpoints.  Angela moves correctly.

One problem:  It looks like the OBJ file was saved from an embedded CR2 in an earlier version of Poser, because all the facets are unwelded.  This makes the skin rough no matter how you render, and also adds a whole lot of unnecessary data to the OBJ file.

I used UVmapper to weld everything, and it looks better ... but that broke all the wonderful morphs, so it's not a good solution. 

Maybe Ali can supply the original pre-embedded OBJ file?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 6:20 PM

file_468944.JPG

Granted, I bought the figure quite awhile ago, but I'd imagine it's the same files. The skin on my Angela doesn't look rough.

Laurie

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 7:27 PM

file_468948.jpg

Maybe the free version is different from the original sale version.

This is definitely unwelded.  (I used to unweld figures for use with my Exploder script,

so I'm familiar with the look.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 7:56 PM

erm

check your crease angle and smoothing mate.. I just downloaded, installed her, and she's rendering just fine, no polygon's showing like you say.. I checked for unwelded vertices, got 2000 odd, all the ones corresponding to the group edges...

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 8:04 PM

file_468951.JPG

here we go

straight from the Zip, into a runtime, loaded and rendered in Poserpro (not 2010), 2 lights, AO. 

as you can see, no sign of being unwelded. 

amy_aimei ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 8:43 PM

Quote - Granted, I bought the figure quite awhile ago, but I'd imagine it's the same files. The skin on my Angela doesn't look rough.

Laurie

Laurie, good picture of Angela.  Thank you.

Too bad, there are few supporters of the free figures like Antonia, Angela, and Apollo Maximus.  Oh! All names started with a letter A, like mine.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 9:05 PM

I'm pretty sure that, besides ali, I am the only person who's ever made anything for Angela...lol. Now ya'll will have to catch up ;).

Laurie

edgeverse ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 10:48 PM

I'll try making some kinda clothing item for her.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

patorak3d ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 10:52 PM

I'll try making some kinda clothing item for her.

How about something along the lines that Audrey Hepburn would've worn.

rjjack ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 2:36 AM · edited Sat, 21 May 2011 at 2:37 AM

Quote - I'm pretty sure that, besides ali, I am the only person who's ever made anything for Angela...lol. Now ya'll will have to catch up ;).

Laurie

You are not alone, i have some WIP, but so far nothing is published

rjjack ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 2:48 AM

file_469021.jpg

dynamic dress, inspired by one of Cheryl Cole

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 1:55 PM · edited Sat, 21 May 2011 at 1:56 PM

Quote - Mankahoo (Ali):

Has recently introduced his new figure Ang2. Which you can see on his Website which I linked to the above name. His new figure seems to bend very well. WW2 support for both of these figures would be welcome. I incidentally noticed that Antonia now has WW2 support when I visited PhilC's site today.

I notice that Mankahoo has some content on his site for Angela.

lmk

FYI. I have put a request forward to PhilC to support Ang 2 in WW. I guess I should have asked re v1 as well, but maybe Phil will see this figure as well when he goes to view the site.

lkendall ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 4:41 PM · edited Sat, 21 May 2011 at 4:43 PM

FYI. I have put a request forward to PhilC to support Ang 2 in WW. I guess I should have asked re v1 as well, but maybe Phil will see this figure as well when he goes to view the site. 

PhilC also regularly visits this forum and searches for his name and for his products. He is likely to read at least part of this thread. WW2 support for both of these products would be very nice to have. Ali himself has provided some commercial morph expansions for both Angela and Ang2 on his site.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

edgeverse ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 10:19 PM

I have a bodysuit/costume something almost done. LOL

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 11:11 PM

Quote - I have a bodysuit/costume something almost done. LOL

Ooooo...I need a bodysuit/costume something thing ;).

Laurie

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 10:44 AM

I added my request for Angela at PhilC's site. OBJ2CR2 support would make it easer to make some conforming clothes for her.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

edgeverse ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 11:11 AM

file_469056.jpg

I am fine tuning it. Its not the best, but she wont run around naked.

Terrymcg ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 10:55 PM

I was making a Tombraider-esque costume for Angela a month or so a go, but since she wasn't so popular, I dropped the project and turned my attention to V4. Now that Angela is free, I feel more motivated to continue that project. (I still can't model guns to save my life but luckily Tda42  came to the rescue....). I like Angela a lot, but her cr2 file scares me a lot.  I just don't understand how it works. :/ .

D'oh! Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?

edgeverse ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 5:57 AM

Terry, your work is great.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 8:43 AM

PhilC replied to my request for Obj2Cr2 support. He says "he'll see what he can do". We know PhilC can do a lot!

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Terrymcg ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 9:22 PM

Thanks for the compliment edgeverse. Your bodysuit is coming along nicely, me thinks.

I don't have  Obj2Cr2. Is it worth the price? It's a python script like wardrobe wizard (which I do have), I take it? Does it do jcm's? I could certainly use a good tool to help me set up cr2 files. The ones I create are like house of cards; ready to collapse at any given minute. :D

D'oh! Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 9:29 PM

Also, if anyone is interested in dynamic clothes, I posted my dress (shown in an above post) to my ShareCG freebies. Can't have too many clothes ;). My ShareCG freebies link is in my signature.

Laurie

edgeverse ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 9:49 PM

Thanks, terry. Its almost done.

PolyRex ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 2:07 AM

Quote - She has one of the best 3d smiles around!

absolutely

waningmoon ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2011 at 1:36 AM

Quote - I was making a Tombraider-esque costume for Angela a month or so a go, but since she wasn't so popular, I dropped the project and turned my attention to V4. Now that Angela is free, I feel more motivated to continue that project. (I still can't model guns to save my life but luckily Tda42  came to the rescue....). I like Angela a lot, but her cr2 file scares me a lot.  I just don't understand how it works. :/ .

just use these freebies and point others to them.

http://forender.aca.ca/market.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=27

lara's guns were based off the HK USP (afaik).

regards,

waningmoon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.