Tue, May 21, 5:27 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 9:23 pm)

Subject: New (Japanese?) Character!!

nakamuram ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 11:40 PM · edited Tue, 14 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Mankahoo has a new original pinup character named Angela. She has a pretty Asian face and a nice model-type body.  From looking at the texture templates, she looks fairly low-res.  She seems to bend nicely. 

Check her out at http://www.mankahoo.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=105, http://www.mankahoo.com/index.php?l=page_view&p=showcase.

She's a bit expensive at $24.00, but maybe there will be some package deals that will save us $$$. I certainly want more info.

pappy411 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 12:45 AM

Expensive?    Consider the hours (translated into Months) to create this character and the quality of the character not to mention the added features.  $24.90 is a bargain.

Pappy

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 1:46 AM

Looks very nice! Looks like she does bend well, something not often achieved :)

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 8:09 AM · edited Tue, 02 March 2010 at 8:11 AM

She has some cool facial expressions too :o). And 24 bucks is NOT expensive...lol. I remember spending BIG bucks for Vicky 2 and all of her morphs, maps and contraptions. Most likely well over a hundred by the time I'd purchased all her amenities ;o).

Nowadays, that's quite a chunk and I'd have to give it some thought given the economy and all. At the time, it seemed the logical thing to do...lol.

Laurie

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 8:37 AM

Hoping for support.Bodymorphs ,Poses,Textures.Fantastic bending - to me she is absolutly  worth every cent. My opinion is , that her Body is a little bit to toony but that can be morphed away.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 8:49 AM

What a wonderful character!  I got her, she looks fantastic.

Unzipping now, will post some renders if I have a chance.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 9:15 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_448841.jpg

OK here's some VERY quick renders of a few select poses.

Initial impressions ... love her face, love her body shape and bendability. She's about 65K polys, nicely UV mapped, and I'm very impressed. This one is a keeper!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 10:20 AM

Maybe a dumb question, but does she scale nicely? I always find that most figures have too long a waist and legs ;o). Angela is no exception, tho she is lovely...lol.

Laurie

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 10:21 AM

Thanks for the renders, Deecey!!  How is she subdivided -- like V4, V3, G2, etc?

I hope Angela gets good support: in the way of morphs, textrues, hair, clothes, shoes, Wardrobe Wizard, Cross Dresser, etc. 

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 1:10 PM

Neither nor,she is more cut like Antonia.She has also individual Toe limbs like the G2 people.

yungturk39 ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 2:49 PM

Wow!  Looks amazing...reminds me a bit of Esther...is it the same modeller?

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 5:09 PM

file_448858.jpg

Oh, very, very nice model! *Love* the facial expressions. Kinda reminds me of Miki a little bit ;o).

I shortened her legs and waist up a smidge (too long IMHO) and she looks great :o). Here's hoping folks wanna make clothes for her. I did just a straight render in Poser 8 - no raytracing or anything, but I did add VSS to her (thanks again BB).

Well worth the money :o).

Laurie

geep ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 5:13 PM · edited Tue, 02 March 2010 at 5:13 PM

Nice renders Deecey and Laurie, thanks for sharing. 😄
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 5:49 PM

Pretty!

And I agree, $24 for a new figure is not expensive.  Lots and lots of work went into making that figure.

I hope it gets Wardrobe Wizard support.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 8:44 PM

I got the email from Ali when Angela was released a few days ago. She does look pretty good. I don't really worry about clothing support as long as the converters get updates, but that sort of thing can be a bit of a hassle. Maybe I just need to learn dynamics good and well and forget about conforming clothes.

At any rate, I like, but no can afford any time soon, and there's always more wanted stuff on the horizon. My next 3D purchase will likely be the PP2010 upgrade, but at least that's only $50 for me....

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 10:36 PM

Very nice! Glad you brought this up. :)

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 10:46 PM

Thanks for the render LaurieA!!  Did you scale anything else besides the legs and waist?  Her hands look disporportionately large.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 11:37 PM · edited Tue, 02 March 2010 at 11:44 PM

file_448870.jpg

Scaled her legs down a bit more:

Seems there's a morph to scale just about everything on this gal. I did scale her hands down, though I think the wonky look in my first image was camera angle more than anything ;o).

I'm trying to do some morphs for her face, but it seems she's not exactly symmetrical, so it's gonna be a little harder than I thought ;o). Putting epicanthic eye folds on Antonia was hard enough. I think it's gonna be doubly hard to get them out of Angela...lol. She DOES have some nice eye fold morphs tho which goes a little ways toward making her look slightly caucasion, but either way, she's cute as a button ;o).

edit: She does NOT take V3 or V2 poses too well, just in case you were wondering :o).

Laurie

odf ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 5:50 AM · edited Wed, 03 March 2010 at 5:51 AM

I'm seriously impressed by those bends shown in the videos.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 7:14 AM

Quote - I'm seriously impressed by those bends shown in the videos.

Me too. Poser figures are definitely looking up.  If the trend continues, perhaps the ever out of reach realism might just show up :)

I have not purchased her yet but will soon (next payday )  Has anyone looked closely at the shoulders yet? How do they perform?

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 7:40 AM

Quote - I'm seriously impressed by those bends shown in the videos.

She learned a lot from Antonia ;) .

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 9:22 AM

file_448889.jpg

I've never been good at posing much, but here's the arms up as high as I could get them before they looked too funny ;o). Perhaps someone else could do a better job...

Laurie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 9:06 PM

Definitely one for my Runtime, when I get the funds to buy it.  I bought his GG figure when it was on sale here and IMO, it's the best toon female there is.  Absolutely lovely character. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 10:13 PM

Yup, real nice figure. I'm gonna try and make some article of clothing. Since I know even less about rigging than I do about modeling, it will probably be something dynamic.

Wish me luck. Lots of luck ;o).

Laurie

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 7:37 AM

My, she -does- fit nicely into the runtime, doesn't she? The facial controls and scaling work well, and the bends are nice as well. A few body morphs are needed, as well as a complete set of breast morphs (in both directions; the nipple handles are nice, but the actual mass doesn't shift around so much), but well worth the price....particularly  for the facial expression.

I loaded Ali into DS3 and ran her through the bellydance aniblocks; of course there were issues, but most of them -looked- to be correctable in a proper graph editor (fingers bowed backwards a bit too far, some trouble with the shoulders and hips). But we shall see....

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 8:29 AM

Quote -
I loaded Ali into DS3 and ran her through the bellydance aniblocks.

That's pretty amazing, since Ali is the character creator. :)

The character is Angela.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 9:41 AM

Nested folders, don't you know........... :P 

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 2:01 PM

file_449195.jpg

Hey Folks , please don't forget surporting Angela .

onimusha ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 3:40 PM
Online Now!

Does this figure take textures from other figures?  If so, it would be really useful...

Mark@poser ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 5:09 PM

Hello,
For those of you who own her, I looked at the web page advertising her and did not see many body tone or muscular morphs listed. Are there any for her like the ones for V4?

Thanks
Mark

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 5:13 PM

She has very few body morphs.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 6:22 PM

Yep, I'll agree. Very few body morphs. I guess that means she's a clean slate for someone to work with ;o). I'm usually not one to do body morphs, but since I have Poser 8 now and the morph brush goes across zones I may just try some. Maybe ;o).

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:52 PM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:54 PM

file_449275.jpg

Well, I said I'd make an article of clothing, and so I did ;o).

Simple dynamic dress...coming soon to a freebie section near you. I just have to get all the textures done and the folders in order...

Just as an aside, I had to learn to USE dynamics in order to make this dress work, but it was 'bout time I suppose...lmao ;o).

Laurie

geep ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 2:08 PM

Very nice!!! 👍
Thanks Laurie.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 2:31 PM

Thanks :o). I'm very proud...I've only been doing this modeling thing for about two months. Thank the gods for the creators of Wings!! LMAO ;o). And of course, for your tutes geep...hehe.

Laurie

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:33 PM

Looks nice, Laurie. Thanks so much - looking forward to it, 'cause I can't do any renders of her until she gets decent. :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 7:00 PM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 7:02 PM

file_449327.jpg

Here it is. You can grab it [here](http://allenart.yolasite.com/) :o).

Enjoy your non-nekkid Angela...lol.

Laurie

odf ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 7:06 PM

That's a cute dress.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 7:10 PM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 7:10 PM

Quote - That's a cute dress.

Glad ya think so...I'm gonna try and adapt it to Antonia (or a version thereof)...lolol.

Laurie

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 7:38 PM

Thanks, Laurie! I've never been to your site before... you've got a lot of nice freebies there! :thumbupboth:

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:51 PM

Quote - Here it is. You can grab it here :o).

Enjoy your non-nekkid Angela...lol.

Laurie

Yeah, but why spoil a good thing with clothes?!
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 10:27 PM · edited Thu, 11 March 2010 at 10:29 PM

file_449381.jpg

I'm really getting to like this figure!. AND dynamic clothes...lol. Makes me wanna hit myself in the head for not trying them sooner ;o). I'm having fun using some hair models I haven't used in ages too...hehe.

The dress is essentially the same bodice as the other one I made, except I changed the bottom to look more like a baby-doll style.

"She wore blue velvet...."

Laurie

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 2:28 AM

Just a heads-up that Ali has released a body morph set for Angela. www.mankahoo.com/index.php  Looks like a pretty decent list of morphs.

Half price through Apr 31, so I think I better pick it up now.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 3:07 AM

Also, Angela and her strapless bikini are updated. I didn't get any email about it so I thought I'd mention it here.

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 3:27 AM

Thanks for that heads-up. I didn't know about the update, but sure enough, when I looked under downloads it said she was updated today (Sat).

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 9:33 AM

Yup, got the email about the updates :o).

Laurie

KimonoNoNo ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2011 at 8:01 AM

Thought I'll bump this thread.

Ali (Mankahoo) has released a new figure called Ang2 (probably short for Angela2).

Going by the videos on his youtube channel,she looks very flexable and highly morphable.

Anyway if interested check them out here.

Ang2 ballet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K-MeOqqHXs&feature=related

Ang2 face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdfcPyqHDqA&feature=related

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2011 at 10:35 AM

Is this what you are looking for?

BTW, the main body isn't viewable now.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2011 at 12:47 PM

Wow, Ang2 looks great! I wonder why she's been made quite a bit shorter than Ang1.

Whatever the reason, I never knew of Ang1 and just seeing the video of the face morphs has won me over. I'm going to get Ang2 right now.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2011 at 1:19 PM

I just love Angela - both of em ;). I must have that new Kate morph as well...lolol. Laurie

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2011 at 5:45 PM

Does anybody know why Angela has been taken awayrecently ? And what is the gen.obj in the geometrie folder ? There is no geometrie datas in the file (1kb) .

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.