Thu, May 16, 11:02 PM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 5:41 pm)

Subject: Sea Dragon Picture Lighting

impish ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 6:30 AM · edited Sun, 17 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

Vue 9's relighting makes trying out different lighting options so easy to do! In fact it turns out it may make it too easy.  I've ended up with lots of options for a render I made last night and I can't make my mind up which I like best.  So I've posted some thumbnails of different lighting for the scene, if you've got a minute to spare take a look and let me know which you prefer... Vue 9 Sea Monster renders

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 7:47 AM

I have two comments at first glance :

• Variations are too monochromatic. This could be on purpose, but just looking at the thumbnails, there isn't much to look at to decide which image looks better. At this stage, it just looks like the same picture with different color filters.

• Speaking of thumbnails. The monster should be visible to some extend even in a thumbnail of that size. As it stands now, the picture looks just like a picture of a ship at seas. I would not see it as a picture of a monster if I happened across it in a gallery.

sirenia ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 2:21 PM

The most green one hands down !

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

impish ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 3:16 PM

Thanks everyone - its funny how taste in colours vary but the brighter ones were more popular over all.

Agiel you've made me realise I need a better title 😄  I wanted the monster to be a lurking presence rather than one of those in your face beasts.  It does show up in a larger render as a dark shape in the water.  I'll probably give it a bit more light in the reworked render.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to look and vote.  Its really helped me make my mind up what to do with the picture.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.