Thu, Jun 13, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 13 12:32 am)

Subject: Snow Leopard and Vue

iaotech ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 5:27 PM · edited Sat, 30 March 2024 at 6:24 AM

Anybody has tried Snow Leopard with Vue?

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 5:35 PM

Any particular Snow Leopard ?

Gill

iaotech ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 5:38 PM

The fruity one...
Apple new version of Mac OS X.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 6:16 PM

Oh, that explains my ignorance. No dealings with macs - sorry !

I was thinking of the lovely animal instead :lol:

Gill

Cherryman ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 6:20 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1705596

😉

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 6:58 PM · edited Thu, 27 August 2009 at 7:01 PM

Attached Link: http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/start

I am supposed to receive my copy tomorrow. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth upgrade.

On a related note, here is a compatibility list for Snow Leopard (no Vue though).

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2009 at 12:45 AM

cs2 suite and photoshop elements DONT work?!

call me a sceptic but anyone smell a rush to beat win 7 out next month?

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

tvtech ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2009 at 6:38 AM

Snow leopard requires Intel Mac. PPC is not supported. I guess that's why CS2 is not working... or any other old PPC software. Just my wild guess... 

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2009 at 4:13 PM

I am afraid I have to report I ran into issues installing Snow Leopard over Vue Infinite.

On my laptop, Vue asked again for an activation key. On my desktop, activation was ok after the upgrade.

On both machines, loading many default plants now come with an error message about missing mat files in a temp folder '/private/tmp/username/eon/'. As a result, these plants come with many missing textures.

Some plants bring up an error of missing Cornucopia activation key or something like that (I iwll try to find out which plant gave me that message).

I am using Vue 7 Infinite with the 7.4 patch available at e-on's website.

I also did a full clean up (application + user preferences) and it is still happening, so it looks like it is related to Snow Leopard.

The rest of Vue seems to be working so far.

So be warned before making the jump.

TruDesigns ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2009 at 5:01 PM · edited Sat, 29 August 2009 at 5:02 PM

Vue 7 works wonderfully with Snow Leopard!!  Everything is lightning fast, it's truly wonderful :thumbupboth:

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2009 at 5:06 PM · edited Sat, 29 August 2009 at 5:08 PM

Even plants ?

Both Vue 6 Infinite, Vue 7 Pioneer and Vue 7.4 Infinite are throwing error messages with plants over here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.