Fri, May 17, 2:01 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 11:59 pm)

Subject: Poser 7 and Vista ?

leezace ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 4:31 PM · edited Mon, 06 May 2024 at 5:47 AM

Hi peeps,
Am looking at updating my archaic pc for a new one but i have read that some people are having problems running Poser 7 with Vista !
Can anyone offer any input on this please ?
Would i be better creating a partition on the new pc and installing XP pro and running Poser 7 in that ?

Thanks for any advise.
Regards,

Vale.

witchdidi ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 4:42 PM · edited Wed, 26 March 2008 at 4:42 PM

I've been running Poser 7 on vista ultimate with no problem for 9 months now. :)

Be mad...until proven genius.

Sitting quietly in the corner does not make one the class fool.

- Didi

RDNA Store

Arvanor ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 4:51 PM

I run Poser 7 on a 64 bit Vista and have no problems.

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 4:55 PM

Same as Arvanor, for about 12 months now or close to it!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

dxrs0 ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 5:23 PM

I Just got Poser 7 and I have vista.....no problems other than perhaps a need for a better graphics card.  LOL  Which by the way can someone recommend one that is fairly reasonably priced?

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 5:31 PM

dxrs0: Nvidia 8000 series, i.e. 8600 or 8800, good cards, reasonably priced with RAM from 256 to 768 Meg and DX10 if you like to play the odd game!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Arvanor ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 6:19 PM

Yep a Nvidia card with a 8800GT and 512 MB ram is a very good choice and not too expensive.

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

dxrs0 ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 6:35 PM

Thanks!  My chipset was ok for doing the basic 3d stuff, but I am now building quite a library of 3d programs and my poor dual core is gonna have a heart attack.  LOL.  Again thanks for the info.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.