Wed, May 29, 5:15 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 28 9:10 pm)

Subject: Is M4 real?

Dajadues ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:38 PM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:40 PM

I'm not a member of Art Zone either so, if you have to be a member to get the Daz M4 like
they did with Vickie 4.2. Then, I won't be getting him.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:56 PM

I'm liking what I see of your figure there phantom3D!  I hope you will include a lot of facial morphs, enough to make a nice Bishie male. I'm definitely interested in the release of him. I have quite a few female models now in my Poser program, I would like to have more males. He looks great, more power to you!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 5:00 PM

P.S. LOL, and thanks for the shot of the 'frank and beans'! Extremely well modeled! I prefer my men with out foreskin, but variety will please more people!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 5:07 PM

Thanks! Latexluv. The foreskin can be dialed completely out of existence.  And I do indeed intend to have hundreds of diferent morphs, most for the face. So artists will be able to load the ones they want and dial anything they choose.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Lyone ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 5:39 PM

Personally I have V3 and SP3 but I only use V3. I'm happy with her and don't need another female figure. I have more male figures (M1, M2, M3, D3, H3, the G2 males, Apollo) but it's not enough for me. I really like to render males so I'm happy with any new male figure who is coming. Phantom 3D your character looks amazing. He bends beautifully and I like all your genitals morphs. The face looks a litle asian for me but maybe there will be many morphs for his face as you mentioned it yourself...COOL!
Thank you so much for making him. I will definitely buy him.

Silke ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 5:09 AM · edited Tue, 11 March 2008 at 5:12 AM

I like that male figure, phantom3D :)
I look forward to him. I didn't know he is in the works but I'll keep an eye on it now! :)
But I don't mind M4 either. :)

As for "Why do you need a new male figure"

Because. :)

I like rendering the guys, but there isn't a lot of support out there. And "I render females I don't care about the males" statements... well. Some of us render both, and we care.
If it were the other way around, if everything you saw were male, and you couldn't get much decent and affordable  (I'm not saying any, but I AM saying decent & affordable, because that's where it falls down) stuff - you'd soon change your tune. The same goes for figures, if you'd had M4, then M4.1, then someone says hey what about a new female... and you get instead M4.2 with a female inject - but no clothes. Then you get a Hiro Inject... how would you feel?
Then you look at new products... and everything is for those or the older figures? Nothing for the female inject either clothing wise.
Of course, the other way around it wouldn't be as tricky clothing wise. You could still put a female in jeans and a Tshirt, but I can put an injected V4 Male into what.... a DRESS?

That's what annoys me. And then you get people going "Apollo" and that annoys the crap out of me. No one goes "but you got Miki" when a new female is mentioned. It often feels like people who like to render guys don't have a right to get an updated figure or something.

So those "I only render females" - give it some thought occasionally. It's not like we're taking anything away from the female support.

PS - what's next? A Steph4 and a Girl2 inject?
Bear in mind there hasn't even been an official statement of where they are at with M4 from Daz. A PC member found those images and linked them - not Daz.

Silke

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 9:04 AM · edited Tue, 11 March 2008 at 9:11 AM

Here is the link to the photo shots of M4 http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?mode=photo_album&p_id=138 This link worked for me and I don't think you need to be an artzone member to see them.  Now keep in mind that this is not an "official" Daz release.  These shots are just some that someone had in their gallery.  You cannot see any bending, just the model in the "zeroed" pose.

From what I can see he is much more muscular, more manly. Sort of like M2 but better detailed.
From what I can see in the shot that shows the wireframe over the rest,they have moved the polygons around a little, made them a bit more evenly distributed, but have not added much if any. This is much the same as they have done with V4, and I expect that alot of the same "improvements" that went into V4 will be included in M4.  I like the look of this model much more than M3 and if it bends at least as well as V4 then it will be an improvement.  However, there is only so much that can be done with the geometry of the current model, and this cannot really be changed or else they would have to scrap all former support products, nothing would fit the new geometry.  Basically you would have to start all over.

I would say, if you liked V4, then you will probably like M4.

P.S. People are coming by the critique forum to my post of my model expecting to see M4, not that I mind, but my model is not M4, its a completely new model.  I think earlier in this thread
the person who directed traffic to my model was not saying this is M4. He was saying hey! before you decide on M4 take a look at this guy's model, and so the confusion.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 11:28 AM

Your new guy looks interesting Phantom3D - are you using a more complex bone structure?

I'll go check the critique thread - but how do the shoulders hang in a normal "arms-by-his-side" pose? That seems to be where we see the worst of the ballooning shoulders effect in poser figures.

Cheers

PS: could I suggest "Tom" as a name for the final figure? (as in PhanTOM3d)

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 11:45 AM · edited Tue, 11 March 2008 at 11:47 AM

Yes the bone structure is different, for example I have some bones that don't even have any polygons assigned to them, they just borrow from other body parts. And yet its easy and quick to pose.  As for the bending of the shoulders in the down position I will post some shots of this in the critique forum.  I guess I should open a thread here in the poser forum as well.

Tom sounds good to me, I thought I might have a naming contest when its finished.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 1:37 PM

Cool

Hmmm, name for the girl... phantom3D > **phantom3D > Mona?

**Look forward to seeing the new pics.

Cheers**

Lyone ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 2:22 PM

There is a forum at DAZ for people who wants more male stuff " The year of MAN! Determine to buy ONLY male contens"  created by Mercedesk. Well the title of this forum says a lot. I began to buy only the products I wanted...well why?... because it's my money that I get while working hard....I want to put this money on what I want (not what other people want even if it's the majority...always easiest to follow the majority...). What I really want is male items and figures....a lot of them.... So I decided to keep my money...and I don't buy anymore any female products unless of course I have some use of them in my male figures. There is actually some clothing or hair stuff which is really great for both male and female. Well with all the female stuff out there you can imagine how much money I save each month...COOL! Now I can wait for the great moment when new male stuff is coming....GREAT!!!

Lyone ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 2:28 PM

In fact I can turn the situation in a positive way and thank the merchants for making stuff for female figures....because I'm saving my money!!! COOL!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 2:35 PM

Also, I'd like to invite people to help me create a VAST series of "manscapes" in the galleries.
(I started mine few weeks ago) http://market.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=conniekat8

Please show me yours!!!!!
(In community forums I made a request for separate gallery for male portraits and pinups)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 5:37 PM

Phantom3D could you put a link to that thread in the Critique forum?

Conniekat8, I have done a few male renders. I don't usually post them because hardly anyone looks at a 'dude' picture. And I like to do male nudes. Sometimes I post those and sometimes I just keep them on my hard drive. A Manscapes gallery would be a cool idea. Don't know how many viewers it would get though, but I'd post to it.

Weapons of choice:

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 5:57 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Quote - Phantom3D could you put a link to that thread in the Critique forum?

Conniekat8, I have done a few male renders. I don't usually post them because hardly anyone looks at a 'dude' picture. And I like to do male nudes. Sometimes I post those and sometimes I just keep them on my hard drive. A Manscapes gallery would be a cool idea. Don't know how many viewers it would get though, but I'd post to it.

I'd cruise through a gallery like that daily!
I wanna make some pics that are inspired by photos like theese:
http://www.dianoraniccolini.net/gallery.htm
http://www.vandarkholme.com/ginko/bodypix/index.html
http://www.dylanricci.com/galleries.php?PHPSESSID=46d268733ea01c59404d3944d9d11e10

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Lyone ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 6:07 PM

Quote - Also, I'd like to invite people to help me create a VAST series of "manscapes" in the galleries.
(I started mine few weeks ago) http://market.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=conniekat8

Please show me yours!!!!!
(In community forums I made a request for separate gallery for male portraits and pinups)

Cool idea. I can also help. I will post some pictures. It's a good idea with a gallery with male portraits and pinups like the one at D.Z. Well I have to make my profile better here at  Renderosity....and put some pictures in my...hum....empty gallery....

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 6:37 PM

Quote - Phantom3D could you put a link to that thread in the Critique forum?

Latexluv: Here's that link to the thread in the critique forum.  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2728435

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 1:27 AM

I am WAY IMPRESSED with how you can bend and move this model!!!! I sure will stay with this thread....!!!

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

mapps ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 7:44 AM

He is very much so a impressive character :-)

Puntomaus ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 8:32 AM

Quote - Here is the link to the photo shots of M4 http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?mode=photo_album&p_id=138 This link worked for me and I don't think you need to be an artzone member to see them.  Now keep in mind that this is not an "official" Daz release.  These shots are just some that someone had in their gallery.  You cannot see any bending, just the model in the "zeroed" pose.

Those are official DAZ pics since the person who owns that gallery is Cris Creek, executive vice president and co- founder of DAZ ;-)

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 4:19 PM

[Those are official DAZ pics since the person who owns that gallery is Cris Creek, executive vice president and co- founder of DAZ ;-)

Sorry, I had no idea the guy's gallery I was looking at was the owner or whatever of Daz. 

metabog ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 12:50 PM

Mike I was worried that your new figure might have the same problems the Daz and G2 figures have with the shoulder/upper arm area but looking at your renders they look very natural in all the bends you've demonstrated. That's a major accomplishment right there. Great work!

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 6:34 PM

Thank you,  I worked on the joints alone for about 5 months to work out new and better ways to wring some improvements from the poser rig system.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 7:54 PM

I'm with metabog. Through two long threads and all your posts, there was no image that showed the arms simply down to the sides, which is the major one that matters! Why? Because of so many failed models with hideous shoulder pads and inward curving upper arms.

Then at the other thread I see finally a render the shows the arms at the sides. Not bad. Yet....the arms are not really hanging naturally. They may be able to get into position to do so, however, so I am not saying you have not achieved it. It's just that, until V4, no important model has been able to deal with Poser rigging in a way that allows natural shoulders, underarm crease and arms.

Best of luck phantom, hope it is a great male model.

::::: Opera :::::

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 8:03 PM · edited Thu, 13 March 2008 at 8:04 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_401936.jpg

About the V4/A4/M4 family being a side grade, and not scaling properly. I've had this argument in other threads and will say neither arguments 'holds water.'

With V4 you finally have the solution for the arms/shoulders the made V3/M3 not really a valid human model. That is not a side grade. That is a revolution.

Secondly, I think V4 scales extrememly well. When challenged with this previously, I made V4 into Miki's size and proportion, as seen in this image.

::::: Opera :::::

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 9:15 PM

I wish they were making M4's face a little more masculine.

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 9:23 PM

They use Morphs and magnets yes? I have not even started to use any morphs or magnets yet in my two models. None, no JCM's or magnets of any kind. Remove the numerous JCM's and the JSM's and the magnets and see how well they bend.  I will use JCM's and the rest but first I will make sure the models bend as well as they can without them.  I don't believe in adding more and more bandaids to the model to cover for poorly designed joints and geometry.  This will also save on resources. 

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 1:02 AM · edited Fri, 14 March 2008 at 1:04 AM

file_401956.jpg

> Quote - I'm with metabog. Through two long threads and all your posts, there was no image that showed the arms simply down to the sides, which is the major one that matters! Why? Because of so many failed models with hideous shoulder pads and inward curving upper arms. > > Then at the other thread I see finally a render the shows the arms at the sides. Not bad. Yet....the arms are not really hanging naturally. They may be able to get into position to do so, however, so I am not saying you have not achieved it. It's just that, until V4, no important model has been able to deal with Poser rigging in a way that allows natural shoulders, underarm crease and arms. > > Best of luck phantom, hope it is a great male model. > > ::::: Opera :::::

Here is a link to the pic of my model with his arms down.  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_9/file_401840.jpg

It is a long thread, so in case you have trouble finding it here is a pic this is the newest work on the model I have taken off alot of the muscle and bulk, as per advice from people in critique.

lkendall ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 6:38 PM · edited Sat, 15 March 2008 at 6:44 PM

3/15/08

philebus:

I just got arround to saving out my moprh stuffed V/A4.2 and Morphia CR2's with external binary morph targets turned on. With the PMD files, the CR2 still looks big in Explorer, but does not overload the memory seen in Task Manager. I saved some PZ3 scenes the same way. I can render scenes now that I could not come close to rendering without this tip.

I have asked about ways to enhance performance in just about every forum I could find, including at CP's "official" Poser 7 thread, and no one has ever mentioned this, except you. My hat is off to you, it has made the biggest difference of anything I have tried.

THANKS!

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

lkendall ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 6:47 PM

3/15/08

Conniekat8:

Did you ever get the Pin-Up Gallery of male renders established?  When you do, I think I may be able to get a V4.2 male morph render for you. I don't rmember the board of thread where I saw a challenge to render a convincing male, but your gallery would be as good a place as any to post a male V4 render.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

philebus ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 7:35 PM

Ikendall,
Glad it worked out for you. I don't think that many people make use of the PMD files - there was a bit of forum talk about them with the release of Poser 6 but since then, there's just not much mentioned. It could just be that DAZ is sticking to the inj pose or loaded cr2 format for compatibility with Studio and Carrara and as most people use DAZ figures, they haven't dabbled much with PMDs. I know that RDNA use the PMD format for injecting their custom morphs - I remember that Nerd3d had a tutorial about that on his website.

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 7:59 PM

One of the things that inhibited understanding of them is that when V4 first came out, there was a problem with the PMDs in Poser. Files were getting corrupted.

So everybody turned them off, and now it has become gospel to turn them off.

::::: Opera ::::

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.