Mon, Jun 10, 5:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 10 4:08 pm)

Subject: Is M4 real?

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 3:34 AM · edited Wed, 29 May 2024 at 5:15 AM

One thread at DAZ seems to hint at it, but you have to be an Art Zone member (which I will NOT do).... but I was about to leave DAZ...then I heard this what I will call a rumor since I can't be sure... I am not asking anyone to break any rules... but to just say if DAZ is really making a GOOD M4 with upgrades as good as V3 to V4? I will stay a member at DAZ if so.... knowing of course the famous "DAZ soon" thing....

Thanks for any information... OH and I don't want him if I have to "uninstall M3"!! 

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

philebus ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 3:59 AM

I haven't read the thread but I did see a few preview images of M4 in the Artzone galleries, so he is on the way.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 5:20 AM

I can't find the thread, link please?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 6:16 AM

Also links for the M4 preview images in the Artzone galleries, please ?

Anniebel ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 7:03 AM

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 7:08 AM

Nothing special. The same shoulders than M3, same hips than James... He doesn't looks better than Apollo Maximus...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

philebus ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 7:33 AM

The mesh looks fine, how good the figure is won't be clear until we see morphs and bends. Early days but it is nice to know that things are moving.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 7:41 AM · edited Sun, 09 March 2008 at 7:42 AM

Is it my imagination or does the face look almost identical to M3?

thanks for the link Anniebel :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 7:58 AM

Hmm....the body has improved compared to M3 (who had a physique like a praying mantis). I also like the face, according to me he looks different than M3.

Niles ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:06 AM

Before you jump on the M4 bandwagon, got to the Critique Forum, and check out the New Male and female Models. They both look very promising.

lkendall ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:15 AM · edited Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:16 AM

3/9/08

*"but to just say if DAZ is really making a GOOD M4 with upgrades as good as V3 to V4?"

Let's hope not. At best, in my opinion, V/A4.X is a side-grade to V3. There do not seem to be any real advances in the figure to me, just trade-offs. V/A4 is not better than V3, just different. Her mesh takes less memory, but long before one injects as many morphs as V3 could take, V/A4 brings Poser 7 to its knees. Mapps points out that V/A4 is a resource hog, and he is right.

An important characteristic for variety, to me, is being able to scale a figure, and V/A4 has some glaring limitations in this respect. Even more so for men than women, for diversity, one must be able to make men taller or shorter, and this is not easy with V/A4. Even for women, considering the whole body, V/A4 is no more anatomically accurate than V3, maybe less so.

Thanks for the gallery links. The M4 model seems to have an unnaturally large head in two of the renders, but may be anatomically more convincing than M3/D3, we will have to see. No matter what deficiencies DAZ figures have, they are way better than the G2 characters in almost every respect.

Right now, V/A4 is sitting in my runtimes taking up space as I await a version of Poser, or a new computer, that can meet the figure’s memory requirements. I would hate to pay for another DAZ figure to meet the same fate.

Link to the Critique Room threads on new figures please?

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Niles ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:17 AM

Looks like he can hold a banana with his feet... guess that could come in handy.

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:24 AM · edited Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:26 AM

Niles said :
"Before you jump on the M4 bandwagon, got to the Critique Forum, and check out the New Male and female Models. They both look very promising.".
Niles, can you elaborate on this ?  .... as in what Critique Forum ? .... and what new male and female models ?

philebus ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:25 AM

I haven't had any problems using V4 in Poser 7 yet. It doen't have to be a resource hog at all. I loaded up V4, injected all the morph packs, then saved it out as a new CR2 with a pmd file - now it loads nice and fast, with everything available but without the drain on resources.

Niles ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:29 AM

In the forums here,  there is 3 different threads ,  Look for Phantom3d.

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:31 AM

OK thanks, Niles. Found them.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:52 AM

There is another picture on the first link that makes me happy: The optitex dress! It means that the dynamic cloth-plugin for D|S and Carrara is actually coming. Now I  regret my yelling about D|S 2, but if DAZ wasn't always so mysterious about all there new releases they could have avoid that.

Regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

lkendall ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 2:52 PM

3/9/08

philibus:

I loaded everything into morphia (Basic V4 and A4, muscle morphs and morphs++). I then saved her back to the figure menu. When I put hair on her, and a dress, even without a scene, Poser 7 takes more than 1 GB in task manager to hold her. Is there something I am missing about saving her?

I love her face morphs, but for me, many of the body morphs really will not stand much in the way of a pose. They began to distort sometimes badly, long before I push a joint beyond normal range of motion.

Admittedly, my computer is quirky. It is an older refurbished Gateway, with pretensions of running a dual core processor, but the /3GB switch will not work on it. And no other memory trick works either. Most applications are very stable but if I push Poser a little on the memory I get crashes. There is much less problem with V/SP/M/D/A/H 3 figures, and I load those with every morph I can find.

I think that I will have to start leaving a lot of V/A4's morphs out so that I can use her, and clothed, it doesn't make much difference anyway, I guess.

LMK

rofocale ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 3:07 PM

That´s M4 ? Honestly? That character looks like a mix between James and M2...

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 4:43 PM

After having seen V4 and A4 I'm not even interested in M4 anymore. Imo, V4/A4 offer such little improvements that they're not even worth investing in. For a model that has been worked on for over a year, she came out pretty lame. I'm not going to spent any money on DAZ's new milking cows since they offer nothing special at all, it's just another way for DAZ to ensure we'll keep on spending money at their store.

In the end we all know what will happen to M4.... in the end he will just be another one of those unsupported figures in our runtimes, just enough content to use him for a while, but then he runs dry while the girls get all the attention.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 4:54 PM

I render women. So I'm not interested in this dude

... well, perhaps if he's free I could download it... :lol:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

philebus ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 6:12 PM

Ikendall,

Under General Preferences (ctrl+G) go to the misc tab and make sure the "Use external binary morph targets" box is checked, then save the cr2. This should create a very small cr2 (238kb) and a PMD file (40,702kb). The PMD file will contain all of the morph targets and saves resources by loading a morph from this file only when you turn its' dial.

I'm using a fairly old machine with a single Celeron D 2.8 processor with 2Gb of RAM and this seems to do the trick for me. I haven't used more than one V4 in a scene yet but I have used it with 2 other Unimesh figures, all clothed and with hair. On the subject of clothes, some items (including some hair items) also have a lot of morphs and so are worth saving out with PMD files as well.

Hope this helps.

Latexluv ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 6:35 PM

He looked to me to be a little better shaped than M3. He just better have 'a frank and beans'! I like my digital dollies to be anatomically correct. M3 was at least an improvement over M2 who had some serious proportion issues, this is not to say that V4 doesn't have proportion issues in the thigh area. We'll see. I'll want to get him anyway. There's too many girl dollies, I want more guys. Hope he also has a lot of facial morphs. V4 doesn't have nearly enough facial morphs.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 6:49 PM

Are you sure he's not going to end up being a morph for V4 like A4 is?  :blink:

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 7:11 PM

I like the look of M4 so far.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Lyone ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 8:03 PM

In fact I like him. He looks like ½ M3 and ½ D3 for me and I think it's great...well...for me.
At Artzone there is a new forum (Club M4)...This forum is for people (like me) who are especially interested in Male figures (M4 for now) and want to give their opinions and suggestions for M4.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 9:29 PM

I kind of like what I've seen of M4 in those three pics.

As for the figures in the critique forum, I can't get over how their feet are modeled. I mentioned something to that effect there too. They look somewhat club-footed :-

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 9:30 PM

Quote - In fact I like him. He looks like ½ M3 and ½ D3 for me and I think it's great...well...for me.
At Artzone there is a new forum (Club M4)...This forum is for people (like me) who are especially interested in Male figures (M4 for now) and want to give their opinions and suggestions for M4.

Link? :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 9:58 PM

What is the pont in another male poser figures honestly?  From Daz?

All new textures, all new morph packs, characters etc which will just be rehashes of existing things.  Clothing? HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah right.  Daz will have the 10 clothing making PAs do new clothing packs for M4 and then you will see nothing new for M4, just like all the other Male figures Daz puts out.  Then all the PAs will go back to making female sex clothing that sells.

If one had the BEST beall and beall male figure that did everyting everyone wanted, there just is no support for male figures.  Poser is about female fantasy.

ApolloMax has everything free for me, what could others possibly want in another male figure that cannot be done with what is already available with existing figures?

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 10:01 PM

*ApolloMax has everything free for me, what could others possibly want in another male figure that cannot be done with what is already available with existing figures?

*Two men is always better than one???

lkendall ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 10:02 PM · edited Sun, 09 March 2008 at 10:06 PM

3/9/08

"Under General Preferences (ctrl+G) go to the misc tab and make sure the "Use external binary morph targets" box is checked, then save the cr2. This should create a very small cr2 (238kb) and a PMD file (40,702kb). The PMD file will contain all of the morph targets and saves resources by loading a morph from this file only when you turn its' dial."

philebus:

I did not know this. I only knew this applied to external saves to PZ3 files. I think I had "Use external binary morph targets" off when I was first working with V/A4 because of reported problems between earlier versions of V4x and PMD files. If I load the CR2's and save them bace with this setting, would I need to re-inject everything? Its worth a try anyway. What about figures that are already saved in PZ3 files?

Thanks for the information. I will certainly try it out.

LMK

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 10:08 PM

At Daz there are about 10-15 products released weekly.  I'd like to see the "leader" in the poser store community to put out a mandate.

for every 3 female clothing items sold at Daz there has to be 1 male clothing item.  Least then they could honestly say there are etempting to even up the market on male/female in their store.

Last night I went through the galleries at Daz for the past 3 months.  There are like 3 or 4 male pictures total for 3 months.  The rest are all female pinup renders for the most part.

Ya'll have so much money to burn instead of throwing it away into a new male model that will just eventually flop why not support what is already available or make what is available better.

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 12:13 AM

Since I am not a member I can't SEE the pictures at AZ....but your imput really helps... if those SHOULDERS on M4 are not fixed, then forget it, period.

I didn't think I would like V4, but I did get her...and with adding some user (freebie) created morphs to fix her arm pits, and shorten her toes and DIALING in her eye parts to look better, I LOVE HER (v4.1) a lot!! Her arms and knees do not create a CRACK or oddball line and the top of her thigh does not flatten out awful when brought up to "sit" or kneel.... she is way above V3 in my opinion, and sadly my pretty V3 is getting neglected.... BUT I do not like the V4.2/A4 AT ALL, so just not installing... and the great venders who care are making their figures work for both .1 and .2 as far as the morphs, so that is just really great!!

Anyway, back to M3... With M3, I hate his bowlingball shoulders... and have to increase the size of his head, otherwiase he is pretty good, and with D3, and especially some of the great morph and textures, he is tops...(even if he has to be rendered separately to be as tall as V3 or 4)... I love Jepe's morphs for D3, and I can see the figure is more "morph-able" than M3....

But again, thanks a bunch and I will take a look in the forum here you suggested.

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

philebus ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:08 AM

Ikendall,

The way I did it was to load an empty V4.2, then inject everything and save this out with a PMD file. I know that some people have had trouble with PMDs but I think this is usually from when they want to import into other software. If you have V4 characters saved in pz3's then these will be unaffected by this move, loading with all the morphs you had injected at the time they were saved.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:38 AM

Quote - *ApolloMax has everything free for me, what could others possibly want in another male figure that cannot be done with what is already available with existing figures?

*Two men is always better than one???

In bed, yes. ;)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Lyone ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:44 AM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:52 AM

Quote - Two men is always better than one???

I absolutely AGREE WITH YOU :)

Lyone ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:49 AM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 6:51 AM

Quote - Ya'll have so much money to burn instead of throwing it away into a new male model that will just eventually flop why not support what is already available or make what is available better.

I don't render females...Sorry but I like men much more so I will fight for having more males, and absolutely not for making the female products better. I won't buy them anyway. I didn't buy and don't intend to buy Aiko4.- Apollo is a great product but I prefer M3 or D3 because they are more convenient to use and morph...for me...of course. It's a question of taste I guess...

Lyone ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 7:08 AM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 7:19 AM

Quote - > Quote - In fact I like him. He looks like ½ M3 and ½ D3 for me and I think it's great...well...for me.

Link? :)

Well you know I think you have to login. If you login you can use the following link:
http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?mode=tribe&act=show&trb_id=

In this link there is a section "Group Forum" and in this section you can see the link "view our group forum".

mapps ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 8:50 AM

I do agree that V4 seems more of a side grade then an upgrade from V3, but having said that I do like V4 as a additional alternate figure, I do like her look. With V3, V4, Jessy, Sydney, Miki, SP3, L3 and A3 I find I have  a great range to choose from for diversity.  Now being a huge A3 fan I found A4 on the other hand was a huge letdown. 

Now M4 I am not sure on, I have M2, M3 and all them G2 gents and I haven't even tried them all yet. Don't think I need another figure that I will never use. I would rather see a huge increase in items and clothes for M3 and perhaps some more diversity morphs.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 10:58 AM

* I do agree that V4 seems more of a side grade then an upgrade

*I think that if we are to see some really significant upgrades in figures, we'd first have to see some significant improvements with Poser.. like maybe improved rigging system etc...

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:13 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity

file_401710.jpg

> Quote - I kind of like what I've seen of M4 in those three pics. > > As for the figures in the critique forum, I can't get over how their feet are modeled. I mentioned something to that effect there too. They look somewhat club-footed :-

As of yet the figure is not finished there are several items that must be reworked.  The hands and feet both must be redone because I reworked the entire model recently and changed the geometry in several place, which tends to mess things up quite alot.  However in an effort to save having to do then over and over and over again I decided not to rework the hands and feet untill everything else is done with the body.  So as I have acknowledeged in the post of the model the feet are not done. But keep a watch on the model and see if in the final form these issues are not resolved. This is the purpose of a critque forum, to get feedback, go back to work and fix things.  So if people want a better male model, let me know what you would like to see, and I will do my best to incorporate it into the model.

Also, I have been contacted by several of the best (in my opinion) artists for textures, hair, pose files, clothing and other items, who wish to work with this model for all the support products. Some of them from Daz too.

This model will be: easy and faster to pose, does not need gads of magnets and morphs to bend correctly (thereby saving on resources) and always delivers excellent results. You can tie this model into knots and never break the mesh.

Here take a look: there is absolutely NO morphs of any kind, NO magnets, and NO post work.  You can see there are some dents and creases but absolutely no broken mesh. The middle photo is the model cut in half so you can see the bending of the mesh. For more see the critique forum and my gallery

Critique, comments and suggestions for what you would like to see are sincerely apreciated. This pose took me 10 minutes, simple and straight forward easy bending.

Thanks for looking phantom3d 

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:42 PM

*I decided not to rework the hands and feet untill everything else is done with the body.

*So, you will rework the feet - that's good to know!!! Now it sounds much more promising :)

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:49 PM

So M4 can kiss his own ass, now that's interesting.. Were did I have that contortionsist poses?

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:55 PM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:59 PM

Yes the hands and feet are as difficult to do as the face, and I have had to redo them so many times I just got tired of it.  But when I get them done again,(which will be real soon) I plan to post them in the critique forum so that people can weigh in on them and I will keep working on them untill everyone is sastisfied.  I really hope to make a model that everyone will be happy with, take away the frustration and put the fun back into working with a model.....

Thanks for the input.

phantom3d

P.S. in case there is some confusion this is not M4. This is a totally new model started from scratch and built in 3ds Max, Zbrush and Poser. I very much doubt M4 can bend like this.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:35 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_401713.jpg

Here are some more shots of the model.  Again this is not M4 this is the figure mentioned earlier in this thread by Niles.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:40 PM

file_401714.jpg

This one shows how well the leg bends backward and forward in opposing directions. Notice how the buttock on the backward bending leg comes up and out with the leg.and in and forward with the forward bending leg. NO morphs, not even JCM's, NO magnets or post work.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:45 PM

file_401716.jpg

This one shows the double hip, abdomen and chest bend.  Notice how the leg does not flatten and the buttock does not ride up onto the back. Notice too how the hips deform by slightly widening at the bend to give a natural look to it and no large crease. again No morphs, magnets or post work.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:48 PM

file_401718.jpg

This one shows the face at different angles.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:55 PM · edited Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:57 PM

file_401719.jpg

> Quote - He looked to me to be a little better shaped than M3. He just better have 'a frank and beans'! I like my digital dollies to be anatomically correct. M3 was at least an improvement over M2 who had some serious proportion issues, this is not to say that V4 doesn't have proportion issues in the thigh area. We'll see. I'll want to get him anyway. There's too many girl dollies, I want more guys. Hope he also has a lot of facial morphs. V4 doesn't have nearly enough facial morphs.

How's this? This is not M4 but the model mentioned by Niles created by phantom3d. This frank and beans is unusual in that it actually has a built in foreskin just like the real thing. With two morphs, one controles the opening and the other pulls the skin back.

For more info on the idea behind this model visit the critique forum.  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2728435

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:59 PM

phantom, regarding yer figure, I would advise against offering it to daz.
if they want it, make them come to you.  regarding the M4 thing, they need
better promos than the ones at the AZ link IMVHO.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:07 PM

I agree, I had decided that I would go ahead and finish it out myself and let these other wonderfull artists here who do such nice textures and things to work with it.

Thanks for all the imput you have given me, It has helped more than you might guess.

phantom3d.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.