Mon, May 27, 10:17 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 26 7:16 pm)

Subject: Michael 2

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 1:19 PM · edited Wed, 25 October 2023 at 3:11 AM

hey folks, does anyone out there know where I can find some (hopefully free) realistic body and head textures for Michael 2, from Daz? I have a couple, but trhey look awful.... the eyebrows are all messed up, and I can find textures from nearly every POser/Daz figure out there, except for Michael 2. I don't know why he's so unpopular - he's a real pleasure to work with... much more user freindly, right from the get-go, than Michael 3.
If anyone can point me to where I can find some, please let me know. 
Thanks!

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

"I can't stand it when people pointlessly repeat themselves. I can't stand it. I really can't!!"

kimber89 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 1:47 PM

These are not free but only a buck apiece:
Nuru & Sayo
www.lluque.com/3dcart/index.php

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 2:46 PM

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 3:09 PM

Michael 2 takes the same textures as Michael 1.  So if you find any Michael 1 freebies (probably be called just "Michael" or "Mike"), you can use them on M2.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 10:42 PM

UTC will allow you to convert M3 textures to M2.
There are lots of good quality M3 textures out there for free to use.
Acadia will come along in a minute and give us a list of texture sites.
Acadia? We're waiting.

seattletim ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 11:17 PM

I totally love M2. There is something classic about him. And, yes, he is easy to work with.
Personally, I have had no luck trying to convert textures between M2 and M3 with the UTC at Daz. I love some of my M2 textures and wanted to use them on M3, but it never worked for me.
These are the realistic textures that I love, in order:
King (link above)
Theo ( I bought mine here)
Antonio ( a wonderfully expressive character! very well done and a great package that includes poses and facila expressions - very worth it).
Wolfgang (I bought mine here. He is a unique character - a stocky guy that could be a villian or a king. Wonderful and unique character.)
and Zane
Enjoy!

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 1:46 AM

Well I can't find any free textures for Mike, but thanks to you Kimber 88, I'm going to use the link you suggested and pick up the two listed there. Only $1 each... yeah, that's within my budget! Sorry, I don't mean to sound like such a cheapskate, but I'm a GI serving in Iraq right now (I use Poser to create artwork during my downtime) and I'm on a very tight budget. So thanks to everyone who replied, and thanks again to you Kimber for the link!

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

"I can't stand it when people pointlessly repeat themselves. I can't stand it. I really can't!!"

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 6:53 AM

file_380763.jpg

LONG LIVE MIKE 2!!!!

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 6:53 AM
kimber89 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 11:23 AM

Quote - Well I can't find any free textures for Mike, but thanks to you Kimber 88, I'm going to use the link you suggested and pick up the two listed there. Only $1 each... yeah, that's within my budget! Sorry, I don't mean to sound like such a cheapskate, but I'm a GI serving in Iraq right now (I use Poser to create artwork during my downtime) and I'm on a very tight budget. So thanks to everyone who replied, and thanks again to you Kimber for the link!

You're very welcome Arrowhead! Be careful & come home safe! :)

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 12:30 PM · edited Thu, 21 June 2007 at 12:30 PM
metabog ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2007 at 10:03 AM

Quote - LONG LIVE MIKE 2!!!!

Heehee! Nice! Which texture set did you use on these?

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2007 at 6:31 AM

The original hi-res textures for M2 that DAZ released those many years ago
I NEVER render in Poser   Only Cinema4D and Vue  Infinate

My website

YouTube Channel

metabog ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2007 at 12:02 PM

Quote - The original hi-res textures for M2 that DAZ released those many years ago
I NEVER render in Poser   Only Cinema4D and Vue  Infinate

Thanx Wolf and yup I hear ya about the rendering.
It's the same here, with Vue and the rendering, also maybe give Cararra a go too, I've gotten some great renders with it! Havent tried Cinema 4D but will try it on your advice.

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2007 at 2:17 PM

Hey guys, why do you render the other programs? I haven't got any of them, but I'm curious. I have Bryce, which i don't have a clue how to use, DAZ studio which in my opinion is kind of a waste of space on my hard drive (it's difficult to use, at best, and oyu can't export anything from it to Poser), and Poser. What's the big deal about not rendering in Poser? I like the results I get from Poser.

Tomsde ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2007 at 2:29 PM

Different programs have more flexible lighting effects than Poser, that I think is the main difference.  Though I honestly feel that using IBLs and Ambient occlusion can give results as good as high end 3D programs.   If you want to work with light cones, gels, and more realistic outdoor types of lighting I think that Carrara and Vue h ave lights that are easier to set up and get the desired effects.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 6:45 AM

Quote - Hey guys, why do you render the other programs? I haven't got any of them, but I'm curious. I have Bryce, which i don't have a clue how to use, DAZ studio which in my opinion is kind of a waste of space on my hard drive (it's difficult to use, at best, and oyu can't export anything from it to Poser), and Poser. What's the big deal about not rendering in Poser? I like the results I get from Poser.

Cinema4D studio renders a mutitude faster than poser firefly with way better quality

(feel free to check the C4D gallery)

Cinemas Lighting system blows Away posers

Cinema's Cloth system blows away posers

Cinema will batch render files/animations

the Awesome interposer pro plugin elimnates the need to actually have poser as it loads all poser content  from any proper runtime
and converts them  to  fully posable cinema rigs with full access to morphs mat file/animated poses and CONFORMING CLOTHING WITHIN CINEMA.

@metablog I used Carrara 4 pro for a year, while it was very poser friendly it camera lighting system was just too primative  so i dumped it when the interposer pro plugin was released for OSX

Good rendering all

My website

YouTube Channel

Tomsde ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 7:32 AM

People have been down on M2 for years, but I frankly believe he was one of the best figures Daz ever produced and is far superior than any of the e-frontier male figures.  His muscle morphs are more realistic and he can really look like anyone you want him to.

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 7:38 AM

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 7:48 AM

Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to check that out Wolf. For right now, I have Poser 5, and it came with both the poser 4, and Firefly render engines. Firefly is a waste if you ask me; it chokes a lot and takes forever. I use the Poser 4 render engine and it's much faster, produces a very clean image and hasn't choked on me once, even during very complicated scenes. Firefly once took several hours to render something for me, whereas Poser 4 render took about 20 minutes, and actually produced a superior image. Your take on Cinema 4D intrigues me though...

And Tomsde, I agree with you about Mike 2. I think he's much better than Mike 3. In order to use Mike 3 effectively, you have to buy all kinds of extra morphs and packages, driving the cost way up. Just to open his mouth requires an extra morph purchase! Using Mike 2 "right out of the box" is much better. He's user friendly, and doesn't require a whole bunch of extras just to work with him. I think he's far superior. And now that Kimber89 has provided me with the links for some good quality Mike 2 textures, I can forsee that Apollo max and Mike 2 will fulfill all my male Poser needs from now on.

Tomsde ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 9:50 AM

And if you like M2 you should check out Apollo Maximus--now completely free with lots of free add-ons, textures and clothing for him!

Depending on your system Firefly can take longer, but is needed if you are using IBLs or other fancy lighting setups.  I think it is worth it.

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 11:13 AM

Yep, I already have Apollo and I think he's great! in fact I've used him in several of the pieces I've uploaded to my Renderosity gallery (see "Lie to Me" and "Highlander"). And trhe fact that he's free is just unbelieveable.
As far as Firefly, you mentioned IBLs... what is that?

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 11:29 AM · edited Tue, 26 June 2007 at 11:30 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

stallion ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 11:44 AM

you also have to check out the work of bagginsbill the quinessential node guru who has done some outstanding work in the material room, lighting and nodes 
some of his stuff is at RDNA in the Node cult
and in this forum as well. as far as firefly being a waste that is up to the user. this is evident in bagginsbill's work

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 4:51 PM

file_381267.jpg

Bah - we don't need no stinking textures.

Nodes baby - any texture can be configured with nodes to look any way you want. Check out my Apollo bone lord creepy dude.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 4:51 PM

file_381268.jpg

Same exact texture - same exact shader - just different parameters.

Oh and those realistic eyes - can't do those without firefly.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 6:05 PM

bagginsbill - Where will Matmatic Skin for AM, be posted?

BagginsFrodo ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 6:48 PM

At the Node Cult at RDNA, and I'll also post a note with a link in this forum and Planit3d

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 2:42 AM

Okay, Bagginsbill, you've convinced me! Those two pictures are the same texture?!?! Please, oh great one, teach me about nodes. First of all, a dumb question, though: what is a node? What does it do? Not to sound dumb, but hey... I really don't know!

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 8:04 AM

Open Poser 5, load up a figure with a texturemap, and switch to the Materials Room. You will see at least two boxes. These are nodes. Sometimes the colour choices don't show well, but they're linked by lines from the output (top-left corner of the box) to inputs (right-hand side). The leftmost box is the Base Node, and has most of the settings which would be used in Poser 4, plus extras. The texture-map is defined in an Image_Map node, which can do things such as tiling a texture. (Scale and offset inputs to the node.) Normally, the diffuse_color on the Base Node is set to white. You can darken and tint the texturemap by changing that colour. There is a huge variety of stuff which you can do with nodes, arranged in "shader trees". Mapps has some sets in the free stuff here. Get them. A key concept are the math nodes. Firefly can calculate the value at a point in UV-space from the value of a bitmap at that point. Such as a Transparency Map. Or it can generate the equivalent of a bitmap--look at the Tile node. It can get very complicated, or surprisingly simple. If you want diagonal stripes, there are complicated ways of doing it. There's also the way I did it Those boxes in the screen-grabs are the nodes. Some people never bother with the Materials Room. But it lets you do neat stuff. I've used shaders for camouflage clothing (the second picture in my gallery) and this is a sample of the scale-and-offset approach. And I've sometimes wondered why I've spent a couple of hours fiddling with math nodes. I guess it's the way I am.

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 8:07 AM

Okay, I've always worked with nodes, but I just never knew that's what they were called. Sheesh, do I feel dumb! I must admit though that I've always wondered what the "math, offset" and other setting were for. Guess I migh have to start experimenting some on my own just to check it out!

ebrochure ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 11:54 PM

I love M2, too. I'm glad they keep developing newer figures but I hate the way the older models, like V2, M2, & V3 are kicked to the curb--especially after i've invested a small fortune in them. Alas, I will keep right on using what I have and occasionally add some new stuff. 

But, to answer your question, here's two links to some great M2 textures: 

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?TopID=3

http://poserpros.daz3d.com/store/index.php?selcat=1&selsub=217

And check out Poserworld.com for a unlimited collection of Michael 2 clothing. 

Have fun!

ebrochure.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 4:30 AM

Hey Acadia - thanksfor putting up those links, helpful resource in one place for M2.

Eternal Hobbyist

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2007 at 7:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2702979

In case you didn't notice, my Apollo Maximus shader has been posted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.