Tue, May 28, 10:13 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 28 9:53 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Now It's No EBOTS at ALL

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 7:36 PM · edited Tue, 02 January 2024 at 4:16 PM

I have been complaining on and off for weeks about sporadic EBOTS on Favs and my own Images. Well you FIXED it allright NOW I don't get a Single EBOT at ALL. And if you want specifics just pull up my FAVS and GO DOWN the WHOLE LIST because I didn't Any and they HAVE UPLOADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 7:56 PM

The scheduled downtime had nothing to do with ebots at all. We put in a new database server but that didn't affect the mail server at all.

I will speak with the programmers again but as I explained before, we have not changed anything in regards to ebots in a pretty long while so I don't know why you would all the sudden experience changes on your end.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 8:17 PM

I don't care, I hav'nt changed a thing either and now I am not getting a single damm ebot, not a one and no notice thet you posted a reply to this either. I just came to check and sure enough there was a response. This is sick and obviously getting  worse and appearently unless your a vendor or something you don't count for squat around here. I've just about had enough!

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 8:18 PM · edited Tue, 19 December 2006 at 8:23 PM

Hi Lenord!

What are you using for e-mail?  I use Gmail (Google mail) and I've never been without ebots.  If you'd like, I can send you an invite (it's still invitation only, I believe) for Gmail.  If interested, IM me with your e-mail address.  You can be up and running in five minutes.  You'll just have to update your e-mail address here at Rendo.

-Steve

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 8:27 PM

Lenord,

The programmers have done checks on everything when you reported your particuliar issue previously and there is only so much they can do if everything checks out on this end and it seems that the majority are getting their ebots.  Unfortunately we can't know everything about your email account, your settings, etc.   I know its not what you want to hear but I don't know what else really can be checked on this end but I'll ask as I stated.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 8:30 PM

And you know TerraDreamer brings up a good point that maybe you could try to see if that solves your problem then you will know that it was something with the email client you are using. You could temporarily set up another email account, change in your profile here then see if you begin receiving the ebots as expected....  I know with another member awhile back that was having the no ebots problem, they did this and sure enough started getting everything they were supposed to..Its worth a shot.......

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:18 PM

I use AOL and it works with no problem with every other Art community I am a member of with no problem.

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:37 PM

file_363066.jpg

I'm not familiar with AOL these days, but if Rendo is blacklisted as a spammer (just an assumption) this could be your problem.  Is there any way for you to check if Rendo is on your blocked senders list?  If it is, you need to set it as allowed.  Perhaps AOL customer support can help.

Again, if you want Gmail, let me know via IM.  I've never had a problem with it.  I've included a screen shot.  It runs within your web browser.  Works great!

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:41 PM

AOL is pretty strict with spamming, so it may be that AOL is considering email from this website as spam and deleting it before the user gets it.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:45 PM

Yes AOL is very strict with spamming:(

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:46 PM

@Ardiva: this is what I suspect is happening.

@Lenord:  Here's a link for Gmail features.  If you change your mind, you know where I live.  It's free, and it's worth a try, is it not?

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/about.html

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:49 PM

They also sometimes block whole ranges of IP addresses, in an overzealous attempt to block the bad guys. Our company has been blocked by both AOL and Comcast before, simply because we fell into a certain IP address range.

BTW, I've had no interruption whatsoever in my eBots, both for uploaded images and forum postings.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:33 PM

Fire

Aim

Ready

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

AGentleMuse ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 1:56 AM

Hi Stacey,

I also since Moday have been getting no 'gallery related or forum' ebots, ( I recieve product sales ebots)I came to look here today (Wed) to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problem and so being on AOHell went and changed my email address to a yahoo one, I recieved the notification of change of ebot address on both accounts, but since then one of my favs has uploaded to the gallery and I have recieved no ebot on either ;-/  

Jen

STEVIEUKWONDER ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 8:24 AM

Could it be, that whilst changing the database, the option to inform you by ebot in your own preferences, has been unticked? Only a thought.
Steve :o)

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 8:51 AM

I'm checking with the programmers

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 8:56 AM

Forgot to add

AGentleMuse, thank you so much for letting me know that you tried a different email address and still had the same problem:)

AGentleMuse ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 5:31 PM

Hi again 

well things are looking up, I changed back to aohell and have 2 'gallery ebots' :D 
No ebots for this thread or any of the others I am subscribed to but maybe no-one has replied....well ok, there wasnt seen to be a problem when people replied to this thread lol!
Thanks Stacey for getting the programmers on it!!!

Jen :o)

williamsn ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 6:27 PM

We confirmed today that although AOL eBots were sending properly, AOL's servers had blocked us from sending any more emails to AOL recipients. A large majority of eBots to AOL recipients in the last few days never reached their destinations.

We were in contact with AOL today and have been approved for bulk-sender whitelist status.
This should take affect across all of AOL's servers within 24-48 hours. After that time, our AOL email users should continue receiving their eBots as usual.

Keep in mind that this is not a guarantee of delivery. Any junk mail filters you have established through your AOL account or your email client can still prevent you from receiving Renderosity's mailings, even if you have not specifically added Renderosity to your spam list. A sure way to prevent this from happening is to add Renderosity email addresses to your address book in your AOL account and/or the client you check your email with. Renderosity eBots come from ebot@renderosity.com and the newsletter comes from newsletter@renderosity.com.

We are still looking into reports of eBots missing for our MSN/Hotmail, Yahoo!, and Gmail users, and will update you as more information becomes available to us.

Thanks,

N

-Nicholas

darth_poserus ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 6:30 PM

HAHAHAHA Some folks complain that they can't get any ebots, while I wish I could stop getting them.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 7:49 PM

@ darth - lol :)

@ Nic - I use Gmail, I've always received Renderosity e-bots.  This is not to say a few others aren't having problems using Gmail, but l would think it's a matter of blocked senders lists.

AGentleMuse ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 4:55 PM

just wondering now that 'RO is whitelisted and ebots have stopped once again what the stance is now?  

Jen :o)

williamsn ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 5:07 PM

Jen,

I have checked the logs on our outgoing mail server. Sixteen eBots have been successfully delivered to your AOL account since midnight this morning Renderosity time. One was delayed and should shortly be delivered. None have failed.

Make sure you have added "ebot@renderosity.com" to your AOL address book (and your personal address book if you're using a non-AOL email client) and specifically approve it in whatever Spam blockers or filters you may have.

N

-Nicholas

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 1:48 PM

Whatever was done by whoever I thank you Greatly. My Ebots seem to have returned to normal, everything seems to be fine now.

williamsn ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 12:15 AM · edited Sun, 24 December 2006 at 12:17 AM

UPDATES:

AOL's whitelisting has taken affect and since Thursday night/Friday morning at midnight, the only failed AOL eBots we've received back have been because of non-existent emails. This is great! 😄

As for Gmail users, our logs show that we are as yet having no problems with them. They seem to be accepting the traffic we are sending them without problems (go Google!). At the moment, Google doesn't have a whitelisting program, but this isn't a big issue for us since we aren't having a problem with them.

For our Yahoo! users, those eBots too seem to be going okay. Nevertheless, we are going to be proactive and apply for their whitelist after the Holiday break.

However, I'm afraid I have good AND bad news for our MSN/Hotmail users.
The good news is that, for the most part, we aren't having many problems with MSN/Hotmail accounts. There are a few random incidences that seem to be being blocked by MSN/Hotmail's servers, but other than that, most valid accounts are going through. However, at this time (and most likely any time in the future) we will not being applying for Microsoft's whitelist program. They have unfortunately decided to do away with their old method of whitelisting and have started charging businesses and organizations for "guaranteed inbox delivery". Their charge is an outrageous yearly license fee that is beyond the reach of Renderosity (and most other online communities I assure you). Most MSN/Hotmail users are fine...for now. However, if you are using an MSN or Hotmail email address, have done everything you can think of to ensure safe delivery of your eBots (checked Junk Mail folder, added ebot@renderosity to your address book, etc), and still are not receiving eBots from Renderosity, the only help we can offer you is to suggest you switch to some other email service such as Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, or one of the other many email services out there that aren't charging for emails to be delivered to your accounts.

Thanks,

N

-Nicholas

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 6:16 AM

Wha??😕 Hotmail will now be charging for email delivery? How bizzaro is that??! Pffttt...good thing I dont use mine often

Thanks Nic!

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

williamsn ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 10:22 AM

No, they won't be charging you. They're charging businesses and organizations to guarantee they won't block their email as spam. If a business doesn't fork up the dough, it's on its own.

N

-Nicholas

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 10:24 AM

We're talking Micro$oft here.  Is this really a surprise?  Although I suppose it's a matter of time for all of them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.