Fri, May 31, 8:29 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 7:45 pm)

Subject: Does anyone know anything about this Dinosaur model site?

garrr ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 2:57 AM · edited Sun, 29 October 2023 at 3:44 PM

Attached Link: Infomax 3d modelclub

file_354043.gif

I recently ran a search on google for poser dinosaur models and it came up with this site!

As i dont speak japanese i cannot understand it. But I have installed japanese fonts into my machine in hope that i can read the web site...It didnt work....

So i have no in understanding if the site is still selling the dinos or not...but it looks like its half closed down....But the models are excellent and am wondering if there is anyone out there who can translate the text and let me know....

As i am desperate to get my hands on this models as i need a fair few for an Animated style Documentary.

I know there are some dino models out there and the ones that are any good i already have.

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 3:20 AM

Have you tried using Babelfish (altavista) to translate it, or even Google?

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 3:54 AM

I managed to visualize the Japanese text (maybe you did not choose the right encoding) and I looked at the site.

Last update is June, 2004, so actually the site seems a bit rusty. In the order page they say that the internet shopping is not yet available, but "they hope to reactivate it soon". Considering that they are saying this from 2004, I think that the service is quite dead. There are instructions for sending credit card orders using fax (0745-52-9223 but don't know if it's still active, if belongs to them or to their credit card company, how to reach it from foreign countries...)

The only email address there is on the pages is: infomax@po.sphere.ne.jp , maybe you can ask for some info (if it's still active).

Sorry but I cannot help you more!

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

garrr ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 4:04 AM

Thankyou both for responding to my question.

i have emailed them and installed the google tool bar. it translated the tex, well some of it.

rreynolds ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 9:00 AM

All of those types of dinosaurs are available at a number of sites like DAZ, ContentParadise, and Poserworks. Do a search for dinosaurs here because Scott (Adams?-can't remember the last name for sure) has offered a bunch of nicely modeled figures for free. RDNA has a number of primeval plants.

geoegress ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 11:04 AM

http://www.lilwolff.com/Free/ScottModels.html

and

http://www.lilwolff.com/Free/ScottModels2.html

and

http://www.lilwolff.com/Free/ScottModels3.html

an Ichtiosaur By Virus

http://www.planit3d.com/source/poser/virus3.html

and bladesmith had another free t-rex but I can't find the site it was on- I thought it was planit3d.com but maby it's vanishingpoint. I don't remember.

MNArtist ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 2:41 PM

Excuse my ignorance, a newbie here just getting started with vue, poser, etal.  What about the dinosaurs offered at TurboSquid in 3DS format?  Are these usable in poser/vue?  I know there's the inport feature for 3DS in both softwares.  If the model being sold says jointed, does that mean it's posable? 

Wouldn't mind spending the money on some of them, but want to understand what I'm buying.  Any advice is appreciated.

geoegress ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 5:08 PM

No- They are not rigged for poser. You would import them in as static props in default position. You 'could' take the time to rig them. But it can be a very daunting task to cut them up and bone them yourself. Not impossible, and a real learning experiance/curve, but you probably won't be useing them this time next week if you know what I mean.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 6:19 PM

I would avoid the 'squid's models, if scott a. has done the same stuff for free.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.