Sat, Jun 1, 6:10 AM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 2:03 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How to paint in Hex 2?

robertzavala ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:37 PM · edited Sat, 01 June 2024 at 4:07 AM

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Carrara forum or not. I can't figure out how to paint on an object in Hex 2. I've created a cube and select the paint brush tool and nothing happens. I've been going thru the manual and haven't figured it out yet. If anyone knows either how to do it or could direct me to a tutorial I'd appreciate it.

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:20 PM

It's a somewhat messy exercise, you have to create a UV first. Try and follow the help file or go to one of the threads at Eovia3d.net.

bwtr

Dennis445 ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:22 PM

file_340617.jpg

You need to add a map such as cubic.

Dennis445 ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:23 PM

file_340618.jpg

Then you should pick a texture size.

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:58 AM

And even then it doesn't always work.

robertzavala ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 10:22 AM

Thanks Dennis445, I tried what you showed above and got to paint on the cube for about a minute using my mouse. When I switched over to my Wacom tablet something changed. Instead of applying strokes to the surface, the brush would act as a paintbucket tool and fill the whole cube. Thanks BWTR, I've gone to Eovia3d.net, Hexablog and the Hexagon yahoo group and did searches for paint and come up with very little. There are plenty of tutorials on modeling but nothing I could find on setting up models to paint. Dennis445's 2 screen grabs were more helpful. To nomuse: So do you think it's a bug?

Dennis445 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:34 PM

Glad this helped let us know about the wacom solution, I havnt tried mine yet but will soon.

ren_mem ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:43 PM

There is a mapping issue w/ tablet, but they work, at least from what I have seen. However, switching texture res is bad to do (most of the time causes gpf). Also I think there is a bug with shading domains, but not sure, it may be a UV thing. Just do something simple.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 6:28 PM

file_340751.jpg

Hi Robert, I ran into the same problem - a known problem with tablets. The solution, at least for me, is to unckeck the tablet binding box next to the tool.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.