Thu, Jun 13, 11:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 13 7:56 am)

Subject: Russian Egg - Happy Easter!

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:05 PM · edited Thu, 13 June 2024 at 7:16 AM

Attached Link: Elegant Russian Egg

file_337660.jpg

Available now through Sunday night: The elegant Russian Egg set! This is my Easter surprise for the Poser community. The set consists of an Egg base, and 8 conforming figures. Total set: Egg base with doors that open and close Exterior door trim and door handles Exterior Gems Exterior glass front Exterior side handles Interior cherry blossom flakes that rotate and have positioning morphs. Use multiple copies to create a fuller effect. Interior revolving picture (2 sided) Interior scene (cherry tree picture) Interior stage with rising platform and opening curtains Both the interior and exterior of the base egg are UV mapped to take Daz Cyclotron textures Black, blue, pale blue, green, pink, silver metal, and yellow base textures; and rainbow, Winter/cherry spring, and sunset/night mapped textures. I hope to do more of these in the future. Thank you all for your friendship and support over the years, and everyone have a happy Easter, Passover, belated equinox, or just the beauty of the coming spring.

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:06 PM

file_337661.jpg

Exterior view with a few options...

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:07 PM

file_337662.jpg

With the rotating picture...

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:08 PM

file_337663.jpg

Have fun, everyone.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:30 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's INCREDIBLE!!! Thank you !!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:33 PM

How very elegant

Eternal Hobbyist

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:33 PM

file_337666.jpg

Peter Carl FabergFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Bouquet of Lilies or Madonna Lily Egg by FabergPeter Carl Fabergoriginal name Carl Gustavovich Faberg(May 30, 1846 September 24, 1920) was a Russian jeweller, best known for the fabulous Fabergeggs, made in the style of genuine Easter eggs, but using precious metals and gemstones rather than more mundane materials. He was born in St. Petersburg to the jeweller Gustav Fabergand his Danish wife Charlotte Jungstedt. Gustav Fabergs father's family were Huguenots who fled from France after the revocation of the Edict of Nantes, initially to Germany, then in 1800 to the Baltic province of Livonia, then part of Russia. In 1860 the family moved again, to Dresden, and shortly thereafter the teenage Carl went on a study trip, learning the jeweller's craft at the House of Friedman in Frankfurt. In 1864 he returned to St. Petersburg and joined his father's business, taking over its management in 1872. Carl and his younger brother Agaton were a sensation at the Pan-Russian Exhibition held in Moscow in 1882. Three years later, Tsar Alexander III appointed him an official Court Supplier, as a reward for making him a splendid Easter egg to give to his wife. Thereafter Fabergmade an egg each year for the Tsar to give to the Tsarina Maria. Tsar Nicholas II ordered two eggs each year, one for his mother and one for his own wife, Alexandra, a practice which continued from 1895 to 1916. And Fabergmade far more than just eggs; in 1896 the company produced all the gifts given during the coronation ceremonies for Nicholas II. In 1897 the Swedish court appointed FabergCourt Goldsmith, and in 1900 his work represented Russia at the 1900 World's Fair in Paris. He became the Tsar's Court Goldsmith in 1910. Fabergs company was the largest in Russia with 500 employees, and branches in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Odessa, Kiev and London. Most of Fabergs employees at St. Petersburg were Finnish workers, they made the famous Fabergeggs. It produced some 150,000 objects between 1882 and 1917. But in 1917, in the chaos of the October Revolution, he sold his shares in the company to his employees and fled Russia. He went first to Finland, with assistance from the British embassy, and later moved to Wiesbaden, Germany. Fabergdied a few years later in Lausanne, Switzerland, and was buried beside his wife Augusta in the Cimetie du Grand Jas in Cannes, France. His sons Yevgeny Fabergand Alexander Fabergfounded a successor company; as of 2003 it is owned by the jeweller Victor Mayer. Another descendant, Theo (son of Nicolas and grandson of Peter Carl), and his daughter, Sarah, have developed new designs. Their goal is to be worthy of the Fabergname and to produce items of beauty and high quality. They opened a small boutique in Saint Petersburg in 2003. In October 2005, a second was opened on Red Square in Moscow. ********** Just a little note for comparison. Good work, pdxjims; the master would be proud! David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:38 PM · edited Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:39 PM

Eggs made by him, or even replicas in that style command a hefty price. They're incredibly beautiful with such intricate attention to detail. off to play with this gorgeous egg model

hush5605psp ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 11:59 PM

It's gorgeous....thanks sooo much!

linkdink ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 1:28 AM

That's one of the best props I've ever seen - and for free, wow! You are very talented and generous. Thank you and Happy Easter! LD

Gallery

vilian ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 3:27 AM

This is very beautiful, and you did awesome job on mapping the thing ! Thank you very very much for generosity :) Now off to download ;)

Long live House Mouse ! Check my freebies for Mousie stuff :)    <:3 )~~

rockets ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:08 AM

Thank you so much! These are just gorgeous!:thumbupboth:

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:11 AM

file_337694.jpg

am i the first to put a vickie in it?

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:13 AM

file_337695.jpg

she finally succumbed to the cold, but don't worry, 2000 years later she'll befound and revived love esther

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:15 AM

hehe i was the first one to put a vickie in it!!! yea ha!!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:16 AM

file_337696.jpg

last one

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:19 AM

file_337697.jpg

bye bye

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 6:12 AM

Thank you, it is really beautiful!

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 6:46 AM · edited Tue, 11 April 2006 at 6:51 AM

Can someone tell me how to get the cyclorama background on the inside of the egg and doors? I'm not having any luck. I've tried the cyclorama from the figures folder and that adds it as a background. When I try adding a texture from the poses folder, my egg distorts to the shape of cinderella's pumkin carriage, but no background gets applied. EDIT: And I'm not having much luck in the material room either. The background I tried to apply ends up looking like rows and rows of small dots, like polka dots.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 7:02 AM

file_337701.jpg

Here is a small render of part of the inside of the egg. The background is supposed to be a heavenly cyclorama one with blue sky, mountains and a rainbow.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 8:54 AM · edited Tue, 11 April 2006 at 9:02 AM

LOL, almost 2 hours later and I still haven't figured out how to add a background to the inside of the egg, or what those spots are when I render with the doors open. I've tried applying the image texture in the material room. I've tried changing the ambient and specular colours from white to black. I've tried disconnecting all of the nodes for the inside of the egg and attaching an image node with a cyclorama background. By doing that, I get a background (sort of), but it's severly stretched and distorted and very blurry and it also has those black spots as shown in the above image. Plus it doesn't seem to be applying the entire background. It's hard to explain but it's like if you took a 12" x 12" piece of paper and placed a drinking glass on it. It's like only the part that is covered by the drinking glass is being applied....and it's being stretched and distored. Can someone pass along some instructions please? I figured out how to decorate the outside, but have no clue on how to work with the inside of this wonderful egg.

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 9:24 AM

file_337708.jpg

Acadia, There are no poses for to apply the Cyclorama textures directly to the egg. It has to be done manually. The two materials on the inside of the egg that are mapped like the cyclotron are InsideEgg and InsideDoor. It's easiest to load Winter/CherrySpring mat before you manually apply a Daz texture. Some Cyclotron textures work better than others. I really like the winter and pastural scenes, while the ones with buildings don't look quite right. The two materials on the outside that are mapped the same are EggBody and Doors. Make sure you have "Bend" turned off on all the body parts of the egg. The eggbase should come that way. The InsideScene has a backdrop material, but that isn't mapped like the cylcotron. I included that in case someone wanted to use it for special effects like a ground mist or something. It loads transmapped out. The dots look like you're using firefly with Bend turned on. All the body parts should have "bend" turned off. Note to everyone: I made a mistake in the assempling the zip file, and forgot the EEGrass texture. If you redownload the file, it's there now! Here's a pic with a Daz winter Cyclotron scene on the interior (LS_ww2forest.jpg).

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 9:37 AM · edited Tue, 11 April 2006 at 9:39 AM

Can you show me a screenshot of what your material room looks like with a background inside it? I'm not understanding :( Also, I don't have "Bend" turned on according to the parameter dial properties.

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 10:15 AM

file_337711.jpg

Instructions:
  1. Go to the materials room and select the "EggBody" material on the RussianEgg figure.
  2. Select the ColorTexture box, and click the ImageSource option.
  3. Navigate to the RuntimeTexturesDazPropsMPCyc directory.
  4. Select the texture you want for the inside egg.

Here's the screenshot.

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 10:41 AM

I had to scratch out the texture so I wouldn't be violating a Daz copyright.

Angel1 ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 10:45 AM

OMG!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Thank you sooooo much!!!!!

....Now Bring Me That Horizon....
Send IM | Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 11:39 AM

That's what I figured :)

I'm working on my egg now.  So far it seems to be going alright. I haven't rendered yet.

I still can't believe you made this and gifted it to us!   It's so beautiful and has so many options to work with.

Sorry for being so dense.  I'm sleep deprived and the material room isn't my strongest area in Poser.  I'm still finding my way around there.

EDIT:  for some reason the quote function isn't working.  Wouldn't close off the quote part.

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 12:05 PM

file_337729.jpg

Just a preview of the next one... Look for it around Mother's Day.....

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 12:08 PM

Acadia,

The material room is AWSOME! Have you got any of my products where I've included my P5 material libraries? If you haven't, I'll package up some and get them to you.

I really ought to do that as a freebie anyway. Someone remind me after Easter, and I'll do it. I've tried to include a number of different types of options in it for people, so they can look and learn how to use the room.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 12:16 PM

No, I don't have any of your materials.  I would love some though :)

I've been trying to figure out how you got that great chrome finish. My chrome looks like white putty,  LOL

And I LOVE that Mother's Day Egg!!!! You really have great modelling skills :)

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 12:45 PM · edited Tue, 11 April 2006 at 12:47 PM

Your beautiful egg arrived just in time for me to make a render and offer you all a little Easter gift.

You can view the image in the gallery here:

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1196910&Start=1&Sectionid=1&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNew=Yes

and you can get the gift (jigsaw puzzle made with this image) here:

http://Francemi.net/cadeaux/EasterEggSara.zip

Happy Easter!

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

artnik ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 1:11 PM

bookmark

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 1:25 PM

The eggs look very beautiful. Thank you very much.

artnik ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 1:33 PM

bookmark

pangor ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 2:05 PM

Thank you very much.  It is beautiful!

The somnambulator has awakened!

janreinar ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:15 PM

Thanks! Happy Easter for you too!

Fivesmum ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:41 PM

Thank you so much, this is exquisite.  

themomster0 ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 6:42 PM

Thank you so much!

RubyT ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 6:54 PM

What a gorgeous, wonderful gift, Thank you so much!!!!

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 11:43 PM

Egg-celent!!

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

buckzero ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 10:16 AM

Excellent looking prop, will work great in a still life.

$0

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 10:42 AM

Buckzero,

It will look good in still life, but the options were actually designed for animation. All the items are fully posable, and the picture rotates, the egg opens and closes, the curtains part while the stage has a rising platform, the flakes rotate around a center axis, and then also have special position poses for more local movement.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 4:02 PM

It's evident that you put a great deal of thought and time into making this egg.  Thank you again so much. 

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 6:51 PM

OMG they are truly lovely many hugz hun

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

sueya ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 7:28 AM

Is this egg still available?

I tried to download it yesterday and today and got  "Server not found" messages.

posfan ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 8:06 AM

Quote - Is this egg still available?I tried to download it yesterday and today and got  "Server not found" messages. 

Yep, currently downloading it

posfan ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 8:36 AM

What a beautifull egg! Thank you so much! And Happy Easter!!

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:21 PM · edited Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:23 PM

Attached Link: Passover texture

file_338058.jpg

I was asked to do a Passover texture for the egg. So here it is!

Happy Passover!

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:24 PM

file_338059.jpg

And here's a preview of the Memorial Day egg. Look for it the first of the month!

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:25 PM

file_338061.jpg

The Memorial Day Egg will also have a Mother's Day texture...

This is what I've come up with so far...

Any advice?

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:28 PM

they are all very lovely

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.