Sat, Jun 1, 8:02 AM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 2:03 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Killer video clip of Poser to Carrara

Ringo ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 12:59 PM · edited Mon, 27 May 2024 at 8:12 AM

Attached Link: http://www.astrofilms.net/girl_w_guns.html

The render quality of Carrara and a Poser figure. Professional quality rendering for video. http://www.astrofilms.net/girl_w_guns.html

tkane18 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 1:29 PM

WOW! I think I just swallowed my tongue.

robertzavala ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 2:21 PM

who did it?

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 2:29 PM

Wonder what the smoke pillars are. They couldn't be Carrara particle fountains, could they?

ren_mem ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 3:27 PM

Very nice!

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

Ringo ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 3:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.astrofilms.net

http://www.astrofilms.net Markus Rothkranz is his name he uses Carrara for professional video work.

justpatrick ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 4:15 PM

WOW! Now that's what I'm talking about! That looks like a great animation. I wonder how he did the fire and smoke spouts?? I'm glad Poser figures can be animated from within Carrrara 5, because I hated trying to animate figures in Poser itself. The movement was always so hard to get right, and working in the animation palette was a burden. It takes up all the view, so you could never see what you were doing. I wonder how long something like this video clip would take to render? Amazing stuff.

Pinklet ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 5:47 PM · edited Thu, 10 November 2005 at 5:51 PM

Aside from Rust Boy this is the most impressive animation I have seen done in Carrara. Eovia should license this guys animation. It should help them sell a bunch of copies of Carrara 5 for sure. Also I am glad that QuickTime is becoming more widely accepted format. Me being on a Mac and all. I guess those iPods are having their way with the adoption of QuickTime on Windows.

Message edited on: 11/10/2005 17:51

Ringo ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 5:49 PM

He is a longtime tester of Carrara and has done demostration of it. He is in contact with Eovia.

notefinger ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 6:08 PM

Why don't we see more movie made this way?

ysvry ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 8:32 PM

QuickTime is becoming more widely accepted format, only on macs.

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 10:51 PM

You did tell the truth Ringo. This is absolutely top quality.

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2005 at 2:55 AM

Attached Link: atomiccity.tv

Great stuff on the rest of the site (and his personal site and the Atomic City tv show site too), I guess there is also a lot of use of Carrara? (And on Mac nothing beats the visual quality of Quicktime.)

dbigers ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2005 at 7:15 AM

A lot of that stuff is excellent. I really enjoyed the page about his Matte painting abilities also. Hard to believe anyone could paint something so beautiful in 45 minutes. That is the difference between me and a real artist I guess. One thing I did notice on the footage. There are several spots that dont match up quality wise to the rest of the effects. The particle work definitely could use some work. The Battle footage in particuliar. Of course I hope no one reads that and thinks I am a snob or something. But the difference between the quality of the latest clip and that clip is very apparent. The particles dont blend very well with the footage. Perhaps that is earlier work that has yet to be polished, because the rest of it is stunning!! I repeat, the rest of it is excellent. Thanks for the link Ringo.

Ringo ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2005 at 7:34 AM

Hi, Dbigers. You are correct some of this stuff is his early work. Lots of the Atomic stuff is done in Carrara. He had the show running over at vegas at one of the cable channels. He is sending me a DVD with lots of new stuff that is not on the websites. He started with Infini-D than move to Carrara sense version 1. He as Newteks video toaster with LW and Cinema4D but he always goes back to Carrara to do most of his video work. Now he really enjoys Carrara5Pro I'm sure he will put lots of use of the Matchmoving and After Effects support.

Ringo ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 7:29 AM

file_303065.jpg

Here is a screen capture of an early video clip done in Carrara.

Pinklet ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 10:22 AM

ysvry:
28,000,000 iPods sold, the majority of them to Windows users. To use your iPod you need iTunes, to use iTunes you need QuickTime. You can draw your own conclusions.

Ringo:
Thats some pretty realistic water you have their. The detail on the ships is impressive also. Very cool work. I would love to see the animation if you have a link to it.

robertzavala ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 11:12 AM

I agree that Rustboy is an impressive piece of work. Its creator, Brian Taylor uses Infini-D for all of his 3D work. Carrara 1.0 was only used to model Rustboy's head even though Eovia's advertising might make you think different. Some of you old school guys like me may remember when Metacreations folded parts of the now defunct Infini-D into Ray Dream and made Carrara.

robertzavala ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 12:51 AM

Before Fractal Design there was Ray Dream the company. They produced Ray Dream Designer (which had no animation capabilities) which later became Ray Dream Studio (which did). They also produced Add Depth, a 3d vector program sorta like Adobe Dimensions. They were based in Carpenteria, California. I believe Ray Dream kept going until Ray Dream Studio 3 and Fractal Design took over. Fractal Design later became MetaCreations and eventually sold off all their graphics programs. Painter went to Corel, Bryce went to Corel and then to Daz, Canoma got sold to Adobe and Carrara floated around for about a year until Eovia formed and took it over. Thus ends today's history lesson, we now return you to your previously viewed posting, already in progress.

robertzavala ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 12:58 AM

Hey Ringo, could we have some more details about this ships image?

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 1:57 PM

Ringo how did u make the water-breaker effect toward the ships?

Ringo ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 8:27 PM

Hi, guys. I'm sorry I left out some info after trying 3 times to post the picture, file size. ;-0 Anyways I posted it here as a continuation of Markus work. This one is also Markus work. I'll get some information from him about it tomorrow. Ringo

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 9:38 AM

Just looking at the screen capture, it looks like the wake/water break effect is an animation on a small grid surrounding each ship - a little rotoscoping to be precise. It probably has Cast Shadows turned off and is set like .01 above the water plane. I've done some similar tricks in client projects with C5s new displcacement mapping - animations can drive the displacement. Animations within animations - kind of gets the imagination going, doesn't it?

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 3:21 PM

With MetaCreations, it was up to RayDream 5.5 when Carrara was born.

GWeb ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 3:36 PM · edited Tue, 15 November 2005 at 3:38 PM

No, Carrara 1.0 was born in MetaCreation and I was there when it Metacreation was giving a birth. I heard alot of problems in the office and they decided to give up on it. :p

Eovia acquired Carrara ownership and fixed some bugs, they released Carrara 1.1 Studio.

Message edited on: 11/15/2005 15:38

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 7:01 PM

That's what I said.

robertzavala ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 7:31 PM

No Patrick, what GWeb is trying to say is "Carrara 1.0 was born in MetaCreation" or maybe more accurately; "Carrara 1.0 was born in MetaCreation ". What you said was: "Carrara 1.0 was born in MetaCreation ".

robertzavala ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 7:33 PM

And oh yeah, When Metacreations owned it, it had symmetrical modeling, which they took out in version 1.1.

whkguamusa ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 7:57 PM

thank you for clearing that up rob. :>) wayne k guam usa

GWeb ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 9:01 PM

file_303066.jpg

Thank you ROB!!! Hey folks bring a rake or broom and march to Eovia's door, for whose want to demand symmetrical modeling!! I picked a rake! >:) GWeb

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 10:04 PM

Eovia has symmetrical modeling. It's called Hexagon.

robertzavala ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 10:39 PM

No Patrick, Hexagon had it until Metacreations bought it

GWeb ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 12:00 AM

MC bought it from who? Did you do biography on it? ;)

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 2:59 AM

Darn another symetrical modeling thread! And I was hoping for some info on the wake on those ships... Oh well, maybe the next thread.

rendererer ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 6:43 AM

Speaking of those ships... they seem to be moving pretty quickly. Something tells me that there's going to be a big pileup at the glacier in a few seconds.

Ringo ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 2:39 PM

Speaking of the ship...I just received Markus DVD that has all of these animation and more. They will be included in my upcoming Carrara 5 DVD tutorials set. I may put a sneak preview later. Ringo

Ringo ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 2:42 PM

Speaking of the ship...I just received Markus DVD that has all of these animation and more. They will be included in my upcoming Carrara 5 DVD tutorials set. I may put a sneak preview later. Ringo

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 6:02 PM

I've often wondered if there was an easy way to make the "rooster tail" that you see in the movies and tv when a jet flys low and fast over water. I haven't worked out a satifactory way to create that effect yet. mike

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 6:20 PM

The particle emitters with unbound particles does reasonable job.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.