Shade 3D ver 14 Announced
June 25, 2013 10:30 pm
Mirye Software and e-frontier, Inc announce the forthcoming Shade 3D ver 14, the next major update to the professional 3D modeling, rendering and animation suite.
Mirye Software, publisher of Shade in English and Tokyo-based e-frontier, Inc announce Shade 3D ver 14, the next generation of the premier professional 3D modeling, rendering and animation tools.
Shade 3D ver 14 is available in Professional, Standard and Basic releases. All levels use the same intuitive workflow in the adaptable, configurable interface, making it easy to start with Basic but to upgrade later to Standard or Professional. A free version of Shade optimized for modeling and animating 3d characters for game development, Shade 3D for Unity, is also available, with the Mac OS X version available through the Mac App Store and the Windows version available through Download.com and Mirye Software Store.Key Features in Shade 3D ver 14
Unlike previous monolithic releases, new features will be added to Shade 3D Version 14 throughout the Version 14 life cycle. The key features included in the first release of Version 14 include:
- Line Offset Tool (Basic, Standard, Professional). Use a base line with offsets on one or both sides, with variable repetition values, gradients, differing angles, rounded corners and more, especially useful for designing architectural features like staircases, controling wall thicknesses and the like.
- 3D Text Primitive (Basic, Standard, Professional). A redesigned text tool that works with both OpenType and TrueType fonts and better interactive control over text within the Shade figure window. Shade Text Effector works well with international fonts.
- LSCM Unwrapping (Standard, Professional). Least Squares Conformal Map unwrapping is integrated into the Unwrap Editor for unwrapping arbitrary surfaces; new support also incorporates unwrapping into multiple UV islands, seams that define points of separation and using pins to control points and avoid unnecessary distortion.
- STL Format (Basic, Standard, Professional). With the availability of 3D printing solutions and services, Shade 3D Version 14 has comprehensive support for the STL format; STL is the format of choice for industrial and commercial 3D printing.
- Granular Render Quality Control (Professional Only). It is possible to set render quality for each light and material in a scene and superior control over soft shadows, providing significant time savings in render time.
Early testers of Shade 3D Version 14 have found much to like in this release.
"The new LSCM unwrapping in Shade 3D ver. 14 is really fast, easy and precise - I really don't need to go outside of Shade any more for unwrapping," said Juan Manuel Bautista Hoepfner, architectural visualization designer, 3D CGI artist and instructor.
Shade 3D has pushed the application of 3D with real time stereoscopy, analglyphic animation rendering, stereograms and more. NVIDIA® 3D VISION™ real time stereoscopy is available with compatible monitor, glasses and graphics card. Version 14 offers improved usability also for designers who are targeting the 3D printing market and 3D prototyping.
Printed with 3D SYSTEM SPROJET HD3500 Printer; Courtesy TOKYO RISUMACHIKKU CO., LTD & TOKYO LITHMATIC CO.,LTD
Any customer who purchases Shade 13 after June 22, 2013 will automatically receive a free upgrade to this version when it is released. The estimated release date for the English version of Shade 3D Version 14 is late summer, 2013. The current versions are available through the Mirye Software store with Shade 3D Basic available through the Mac App Store.
Mirye Software, a division of Proactive International is the worldwide publisher of Shade in English, as well as a distributor and publisher of other professional design and development tools.
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
Please take a moment to join Renderosity's Newsletter List to receive news and information from Renderosity!