Sat, Jun 1, 4:28 PM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 6:55 am)

Subject: 24 fabric materials in free stuff

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 7:48 PM · edited Tue, 10 October 2023 at 3:19 PM

file_230344.jpg

As promised, here are the materials I made for October's challenge. If nobody has any problem with this download (this is my first time in free stuff), I will make a package of the pumpkin skins and some other halloween textures. Anybody interested ?

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 9:22 PM

Hey, we'll take anything off you... :) Thank you very much for making this available, I'm sure that it comes in handy for some cloth type of situtaion at some point or another... I'll let you know if it works fine...

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 9:50 PM

Unfortunately, some of your materials are referring to files on your hard drive... Vue is sneaky like that... Whereas other programs will incorporate that file as part of the new texture or whatever, Vue is still looking for the file on the hard drive.. Unless somebody knows how to make the jpg or whatever a part of the texture and it won't go looking for it in other directions... But a couple came up fine and they look great...

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 9:56 PM

Linen and wavematerial are the ones that refer to other files...

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for the update. I will make the necessary to include those images in the package.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 10:48 PM

Ok.... I updated the archive. Those two fabrics were coming from an older directory and were actually not mine. I replaced them by equivalent procedural textures (which should get rid of the images). Thanks again for the feedback.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 4:18 AM

Really different, I love it. Hey where are the other ones, I lost the link and would like them too. Sharen

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 5:47 AM

Alright, I've been waiting for this! Thank you. :)

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 6:59 AM

Sharen.... which 'other ones' are you talking about ?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 7:15 AM

Didn't you post some earlier this week? Maybe I am wrong, and I appologize if I am, but these are really spectacular. You will add a readme file for us slow ones right? Sharen

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 7:43 AM

Sharen... I did not post free stuff earlier this week. If you look where you unzipped the files, there will be a readme file, a bunch of images and a sub directory called 'fabrics' where the materials are.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 7:52 AM

okay great....thanks again.

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 11:49 AM

Definitely interested in the others, too, Laurent! Thanks for sharing these! I hope to be getting mine up sometime soon, but I've been distracted by a bunch of other stuff going on, so it'll be after awhile. :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 5:59 PM

Wooohoooo! Materials! I'm a material freak...LOL. Thanks agiel, I'm sure I'll have a use for every one of them :). Now that we are on the subject of materials - I was working on a whole suite of Vue materials for Vue 4 while I had the beta. I had over 30 of them made and they were all the best mats I've ever created. I had planned to send them to e-on so that they could incorporate them into Vue 4 if they wanted to, but during the testing my computer crashed and crashed big and I lost them ALL. After I was done sobbing, the only thing I could find was the thumbnails that I created of them. Now, my point (I bet you were wondering when I was gonna get to that ;)). I'll have to create them all over again, but I should be able to do alright with the thumbnails and get them close to the originals. They were all precious and semi precious stone mats like aragonite, sugalite, lemon chrysoprase, etc. If you guys would have an interest, I'll try to make them again (free, of course in the Vue tradition). If not, I won't waste my time unless I personally need them for something. Of course, Vue 4 has to get here first ;). Laurie

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 6:35 PM

Hey Laurie, you can bet I'm interested! You know how we have this "Polygon Goddess" who makes the flowers? Well, you are the Material/Texture Goddess around this site, as I see it. I am in awe of your ability to do what you do, and have learned much from you. :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 6:42 PM

Just a peek from the thumbs that survived. There were quite a bit more than this ;). Some were so many layers deep!! Take the opal for instance...that was a very complex texture ;). Thanks for the compliment Mike, but I think you are forgetting Varian and Guitta in that "Material God/Goddess" mix ;). I learned how to create complex textures by disecting some of Varian's materials ;). And I don't think I could have ever even conceived Guitta's wave material. Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 6:42 PM

file_230345.jpg

Here's the image....argh!!

tradivoro ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 7:55 PM

Hey Laurie, those materials are great! Definitely look forward to a time when you can up load them... Sorry to hear that you lost them in a computer crash... But they really look great...

tradivoro ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 7:56 PM

Hey agiel, thanks for posting the updated materials, I'll check them out...

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 8:48 PM

I'll just have to dig my Lapidary Journal magazines out again...that's all ;). Laurie

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 4:46 AM

Where are the materials, can't seem to find them in Freestuff or in Agiel's free stuff

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 5:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez

Still there, Sharen...

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 5:41 AM
SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 7:44 AM

I know you think I am mad, but when I go to that link, I only see 24 fabric materials by agiel....Sharen

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 8:32 AM

Sharen, I just replaced the zip file with a new one so I didn't have to post anything new in the free stuff. If you download the gfabric set again, it should be the updated version. Or maybe are you talking about another set of materials ?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 9:16 AM

When I go to Vue Free Stuff, I can't see the picture for the materials, the picture at the top of this post, the only thing I see of yours is Fabric Set. When I go directly to your agiel free contribution the only thing I see is Fabric Set. Sharen

Varian ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 11:25 PM

Sharen, grab the fabric set. It contains all the materials illustrated in the first post here. :) Laurie, now I'm extra-eager for your postman to deliver the goods! Your thumbs are wonderful, and I hope you're able to reproduce the materials. :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 11:40 PM

I'm sure I can Varian. I remember pretty much how I did them. The only thing was that they were time consuming, especially waiting for the material editor thumbs to update because of so many layers ;). I have a habit of racing around too much and crashing the darn thing...LOL. Laurie

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2001 at 12:04 AM

Sharen... Varian is right. The image of materials I posted in this thread is for the same fabric set I posted in free stuff. Sorry for the confusion....

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2001 at 5:29 AM

Thank you, I got them. Sharen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.