Fri, Jun 14, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 14 12:05 pm)

Subject: Obvious observation about Vue materials

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 1:28 PM ยท edited Sun, 24 December 2023 at 6:53 PM

I still slap myself for not thinking about this before, so I wonder if it culd benefit someone else. One of my objections about Vue vs Bryce was the reduced number of materials available in the 'presets'. It recently dawned on me that all I needed to d was to visit the objects and scenes provided by Vue (application and extra CDs) and just save materials from the material summary into my own presets. I know... it is too obvious :)

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 1:55 PM

hehehe :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 2:26 PM

Yeppers... hey don't feel bad. I had Vue 3 for 6 months before I thought about doing that, lol!

tradivoro ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 10:55 PM

Is there a way to bring Bryce materials into vue or do I have to render then and then bring it into vue the regular way???

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2001 at 6:02 AM

You can apply Bryce materials to Bryce terrains and export them along with the faked maps, sort of, but it really isn't even worth it. If you have Bryce mats you want to use in Vue, the best you could do would be to study their settings in Bryce and then duplicate that in Vue. Chances are, Vue will do it better anyway. ;)

tradivoro ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2001 at 10:05 AM

Yeah, that's what I figured... I'll just render a couple of my favorites and bring them in as pics cause that's going to be the easiest way to get it too look close to exactly... Thanks..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.