Fri, Jun 14, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 13 12:32 am)

Subject: Slicing and splicing faces (Re: fun with meshes)

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 11:16 AM ยท edited Tue, 24 October 2023 at 7:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=75076&Start=1&Artist=agiel&ByArtist=Yes

Here is the result of playing with transmaps and complex meshes. The pieces of the face are actually 6 overlapping separate faces, each with a different transmap. Hope you like it... Mike : thanks again :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 11:21 AM

What did I do?...Well, you're welcome anyway! I really like dthe pic, and now you know, you need to write up a tutorial on how you did it. ;)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 12:04 PM

WOW..........WOW.......WOW......that is so cool....I really am impressed...how did you do that.....Mike says he thinks he knows how you did that....not me though...really nice job. Sharen:)

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 1:34 PM

Thanks :) I will try to prepare a tutorial tonight. That is... if I get a chance : I made this picture for a contest at Altered.Image, the deadline is tomorrow and I have another idea I would like to try for an entry. If the render is not too long tonight, I will make the tutorial. If not, expect it tomorrow. The render on "Think Tank" took about 11h in Final with all the reflections and transparencies (I don't even want to imagine User settings for that one :) ).

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 3:50 PM

Well, it sure was worth it! And I wish you luck in the contest. :)

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2001 at 9:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=75222&Start=1&Artist=agiel&ByArtist=Yes

Here is my last attempt at self portrait, still using the same technique. Now I can work on the tutorial.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2001 at 3:42 AM

Very very unique, and well done!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.