Sat, Jun 1, 9:04 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 6:55 am)

Subject: Appearance of 'freeze' while rendering

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 11:38 PM ยท edited Mon, 08 January 2024 at 8:13 PM

Something I just picked up : I have been trying different settings of rendering to get a good compromise between image size and rendering time (I am typing this on my work laptop while my main machine is 'thinking' for another 18h or so). Anyway, I had to cancel previous rendering in Ultra or User settings because windows froze.. or so it seemed. On such long renders, there are times where the num-lock key does not react, and where a list of running tasks show vue as 'not responding'. I decided to let it run anyway and surprise, vue was still alive. Conclusion: do not necessarily believe windows duiring big renders.

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 11:43 PM

I should add I had to clean up my system to reduce real freezes : - no screensaver - no hard drive turned off (energy saving) - no other task running On a bright side, it big renders give me a chance to take a break from the computer from time to time :)

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 12:06 AM

Good tip, Laurent! I too have seen Vue working even when it appears to have vanished into a black hole; most usually, it's still plucking away. :)

tesign ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 6:39 AM

LOL!...not surprising even for large obj files...I waited almost 35 mins for one to show up. The best part is that once its in, save it as a VOB, the file size is not much of a difference but it load in less then a minute. Vue must be doing its own 'programing'....LOL!

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 12:08 PM

I wish they could come up with a better way to monitor the progress of rendering. For example, showing the current line being rendered instead of just a % (even just a line number would be enough). Something like : rendering like 325 of 600. Is there some kind of wish list for vue 5 like they have in the poser forum ? :)

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2001 at 1:25 PM

Cool idea, perhaps we should start one here. But let's wait a couple months first. Let the poor E-on guys have a chance to catch their breath - lol ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.