Fri, Jun 14, 7:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 14 3:49 pm)

Subject: Poser 13 sale....Worth it..??

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 AM · edited Fri, 14 June 2024 at 6:37 PM

Opinions wanted please, are the new features worth the upgrade..?

Thoughts from those of you that have already done it...

TIA.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 12:01 PM
Site Admin

It's hard to say. My first thought is yes, of course. But it depends on your needs and how you use Poser.  Which version are you using currently? Do you use Superfly?

Superfly renders faster and has more post-effects options. It has better GPU rendering support. The animation options have been updated. There's better support for layers in the material room. Walk and Talk designer improvements. There are improvements to copying morphs from a figure to the clothing. Better denoising. You can now set where your render cache and movie cache go, and choose to generate thumbnails when saving to the library so you don't overwrite an existing thumbnail if you're overwriting something in the library.  And there have been a few interface tweaks to make things run a little smoother, but aside from the new launcher, I don't remember what most are. I've gotten too used to them.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 1:01 PM

I'm using 12 at the moment, I use Superfly when I can, but some of my older stuff doesn't play nice with it, so have to revert to Firefly sometimes. I prefer Superfly though....

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 1:08 PM

Depends on which version you're coming from I guess.

I picked it up on sale, upgrade from 11, but haven't really dived into it much other than to set up a preferred scene and poke about a bit. I've been working on a single project, off and on, for about a year now, that requires a couple of very specific python scripts for a lot of the work. Other than test rendering, I haven't needed to leave 11. I imagine that when the project is done I'll be diving into 13, primarily for the improved Superfly stuff for rendering. Coming from 11, there's some significant additions I'd say, if you total all the tweaks that both 12 and 13 bring together. Some of the projected things mentioned about 14 seem interesting too. I wouldn't say that there's been vast additions, but the features added seem thoughtful and it's nice that Poser is still in development. I've spent years using it and learning it's feature sets, nooks and crannies, so the fact that it's still chugging along is comforting.

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 5:59 PM

Does your hardware support all the features? buying in to the hardware upgrade isn't fun.

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 1:07 AM

Yea, my PC was built to my spec, it can handle it, and more....

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2024 at 8:34 PM

Near Certainly

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

dt00swc ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2024 at 2:42 PM

If you're on Mac - no, don't do it. If on PC - yes do it.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2024 at 3:49 PM
Online Now!
dt00swc posted at 2:42 PM Fri, 14 June 2024 - #4486225

If you're on Mac - no, don't do it. If on PC - yes do it.

Obviously, you didn't read the thread, the OP is using a PC.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.