Sat, May 18, 1:07 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 18 12:07 pm)

Subject: old DSON Content, how to use?

midinick ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 9:54 AM · edited Sat, 18 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Hiii :)

Some days ago I purchased on DAZ an item which was for DAZ and Poser with DSON. It was not that expensive. thats why I bought ist to test if the files will run.

Well, I never had DSON and on Poser 13 it would not run... The zip contains DAZ and Poser files.. So I thought I just need to put them all into the runtime.

I can´t load any pose :( Everything will show a Python Error.

Is there a way to use it anyway? Props and poses, I know, I have Kens scripts for... but If maybe a dress is for Genesis and V4, the files are DAZ and Poser (DSON) .. how can I load the clothes into Poser without getting this Error? Am I perhaps forgetting something?

The purcahse was " Professional DSLR Camera", It is for a project I am working on. Finally I used Kens scripts to use the poses and props, but I was wondering if I could use clothing too?

Thank you :)

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM
Online Now!

DSON will only work in Poser 11. 

midinick ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Is there a way to get the DSON? I also have Poser 11 but I didn't find the DSON program. On Daz it isn't available anymore.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 2:32 PM
Online Now!

Unfortunately, if you didn’t download it when it was available, you’re out of luck.  It came out when Poser Pro 2014 was the current version and support continued to Poser 11. 

midinick ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 3:02 PM

Maybe anyone has it in their archive and can send me the file? 🥺

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 3:28 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Sorry, but the software would still be under copyright so no one except for Daz can give it away. You might try contacting them, but since they no longer offer it, I don't know how receptive they would be to giving it out again.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

midinick ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 3:54 PM

Oh.. I see.... thank you for your advice I will contact them 😊

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 7:16 PM · edited Fri, 03 May 2024 at 7:18 PM

Genesis clothing is a whole different ball game when it comes to bringing it into Poser.  Clothing is made to fit a specific figure, and trying to make Genesis clothing work on Poser figures will involve reshaping and re-rigging to fit to Poser characters like La Femme and L'Homme. V4 and M4 clothing purchased from DAZ will usually be fine when used with V4 and M4 in Poser, but when you get into any of the Genesis figures, especially Genesis 3 and later, the weight mapping and joint parameters will have to be completely redone in Poser because the weight mapping in DAZ and Poser is very different. It's not a straightforward task, unfortunately.

I can't remember if Genesis 2 poses will work on Poser figures, my guess is the poses may need tweaking if the bone hierarchies are different..

Aside from DSON, DAZ Studio does allow you to export DAZ Studio content to Poser formats (characters, props, etc) but you will no doubt have a fair amount of work to get them working on Poser figures. 

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2024 at 1:20 PM · edited Sat, 04 May 2024 at 1:28 PM
Forum Moderator

^^^^ What DeeceyArt said~

You can export from DS in OBJ and FBX formats. I don't know about other file formats, but those are the ones Poser readily imports into the program. I'm sorry you're having such trouble with this but I think if you export the DS file in OBJ or FBX format, you'll come out ahead. 

Found this YouTube tutorial; I hope you find it helpful! Converting DS files to Poser Format

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 AM · edited Sun, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Don't forget that you may often use any dform-based genesis-oriented clothes, exported as pure wavefront ojbect and use them in Poser's cloth room.
That way, even if you loose the benefit of any existing morphs, the dynamic part compensate largely.
Brielle, an Aiko3 character, wearing a Gen8-oriented dform top.

nvYsdJxxpzHtMdurY2k2M10cRA8N60aXxonEezC6.jpg

I recently bought a pure daz chair: the Bubble Chair. Exported as Collada object. Poser knows how to import those DAE format, too:

SqOjzLc3Duw1ehL4l1jaO2IPVHjxRofIdJ5XiGLG.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

midinick ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 2:49 PM

thank you all very much for your answer :) I will export ... I was just wondering if DSON would work better or faster XD

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 3:27 PM

Midinick,

If you purchased the item from DAZ, it should still be sitting in your Product Library, just that it will have "(inactive)" next to the name. The DSON version -should- be part of it as well. 

(Seriously, I got stuff I purchased way back in the Paleozoic Era, and I can still download it anytime.)

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 8:25 PM
Online Now!

The OP posted that they do not own DSON Importer so checking the Product Library is a mute point.  Alternative methods should be explored.

midinick ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 1:31 AM

I used the DSON product in my latest work "Shattered - The making of" ... at last I used Kens scripts DUF Prop Converter and DUF Pose Converter.

It is kinda sad theese old items cant be used anymore directly in Poser :( But the scripts are doing some magic ^^

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2024 at 9:48 PM

All of Ken's scripts are "must have".

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.