Sat, Jun 1, 4:58 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 May 31 8:11 pm)

Subject: is something wrong with me or is it poser?

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 1:46 AM · edited Sat, 01 June 2024 at 3:53 AM

Before last summer I rarely had a problem with different rooms in poser.  But kind of died last summer and spent it in a coma.  I was really happy to get back to my computer and designing scenes and short animations.  I know with the lack of oxygen it effects your memory, but I cannot believe it is me and not poser.   Almost every time I go into the cloth room the material explodes or fails.  I installed the float controllers but that does not help.  I even have deleted everything in the scene but what it is to collide with.  Same results.  I can give it the whole animation to settle, but poser crashes.  Now the hair room.  Hair used to slide over the body, not through it.  I make sure there is no hairs in the body anywhere.  Either it explodes like the cloth room, or it is dragged through the body coming to rest inside.    I use poser because it was easy to learn way back when.  I really hate to believe I have spent all these years only to have a program that is worthless now.  So can someone instruct me as to what I am doing wrong.  It makes no difference with or without the wings.  Also the render was just a quick one.UWLGWRbVlHBKwcq1ojQTFh42syWdkuCbmprKxyiE.png

Dive into Fantasy and Ride the Waves

I have many scenes in my head, but non of those are on paper.
I have yet to learn to bring those to life.
The ones that I give life, are not those I see

blackbonner ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 6:30 AM

Could you post a picture of the preview?
Did you build the head piece on your own or did you downloaded it somewhere?
Same with the hair issue.
A screen shot would be helpful.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 6:38 AM

Determining the issue with clothifying an object is difficult without detailed information. Could the problem be excessive collisions? Is the object a conforming or dynamic figure?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 6:55 AM
Site Admin

I agree more screen shots may help us see what's going on, maybe a predraped shot of the item you're draping and settings for it.

For the hair room, don't forget that you need to turn on collisions for the scene as well as set them for each item you want the hair to collide with.

For the scene:

For the figure:

And for the hair:

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 3:21 AM · edited Fri, 03 May 2024 at 3:21 AM

thought replied to this earlier,  below are images that were asked for.  Already showed the explosion in the cloth room so now will show the others that mentioned above after I followed the instructions of Red Phantom.  Going to probably delete the upgrade, redownload and install.  may have to do it for several programs it seems to have corrupted.  Poser only thing updated.iXNmjYGcAkG5xzs0y7WkHFyfHJtPRwhXECLrvC97.pngFY1W7Mw3TuIgs1Ihe06NOz9a3Fm7B3Lg4X8pXqMB.png

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 6:43 AM

But Dynamic Hair doesn't work in the Cloth Room.

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 9:59 AM · edited Fri, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

the hair was done in the hair room.  just showing what happens in both rooms. the ribbon was done in the cloth room. sorry thought that would be a given.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM
Site Admin

You said that you're using the default settings in the hair room. That means you're using the bullet physics solver. try using the poser legacy solver. It works better for collisions.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 PM · edited Fri, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Again, am in error, but did warn of memory problems.  Above I said that followed your instructions which showed the legacy room.  To me that is the default setting as do not like the results when using the other settings so I should have stated that. Right now was trying to run the simulation again and poser has been hung up on draping for the last few hours and the screen has just gone white with up in the left side it says, "poser not responding"

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 1:17 PM
Site Admin

how many verts per hair do you have? That might be an issue if it's too high since you're getting a memory error

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 8:17 PM · edited Fri, 03 May 2024 at 8:23 PM

30 verts,  density 20281(6,307} hairs  support told me to redownload and reinstall to if that will help with the flickering screen and crashes.  let you know if that works. oh checked the memory and all 128 gigs are working and the titan-x has 12.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.