Fri, May 17, 10:53 PM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 8:36 am)

Subject: about new pose control

atpo ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2024 at 1:53 AM · edited Fri, 17 May 2024 at 6:29 PM

Exvuse me!

I do new pose control but cannot move under arms.

Thanks .4XfV8x4kUqzeUmLNmqA61BWzklNUpEHQLiOTbZ68.jpg

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2024 at 9:42 AM

If this is a new controller, what is listed under Sub-components - we need to see the properties and the Attributes for the links.

atpo ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 5:34 AM

Thanks a lot. 

Oh! I do not save flie,which it can not show again.

By the way , Sub-components that can be moved?

I remembered that I checked ERC dialog node"Left ForeArm", path default"pose contraol/Arms", and I click scene tab "Left ForeArm " that showed new pose control, and I try to move it from scene to property edity which cannot.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 3:01 PM

Sub-components are things thata re affected by the value of the property with the link, Controllers are things that affect the property with the link. Under those you get the actual links, then under each link you get a list of attributes including the property at the other end of the link, the type of the link, and any parameters. Each link should appear under Sub-components for one property and under Controllers for another.

atpo ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Yes,copy that. I'll try it again.

Thanks.

atpo ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Exvuse me! 

I did it again,but it can be moved in property mover.

Thanks.

ObtJTw0iIr2XfhD3szgP089vShpmfLsFHlR3saI9.jpg

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2024 at 6:23 PM

How are you creating this? It doesn't have any Attributes. Whata re you trying to do with the Property Mover?

atpo ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2024 at 7:21 PM

Thanks.

do left forarm pose, select  genesis, open property editor,  check ERC freeze, (figure genesis, node leftforarm,property xtrans), check create new(property float, path defaut pose control),  check  accepet.  but  I want to move to pose control/arms but then cannot move it.

I refer by http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials/pose_control/start"

daz said" move with property mover",  but cannot.

I

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2024 at 2:11 PM

You need to create the cotnroller, set it to 100%, set the pose you want it to put into effect, and only then do you do ERC Freeze on the controller. ERC Freeze looks at non-zero properties and links their local changes (not anything caused by an existing link) to the property you issued the ERC Freeze comand for, so that when it has its currently set value they will assume their current local values. It sounds as if you are doing it backwards - trying to create the link, then add the property.

atpo ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Thanks. I'll try it again.

atpo ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 2:09 AM · edited Mon, 06 May 2024 at 2:09 AM

Excuse me!

I followed that DAZ tutorial , I finally understand"We can move it there with a simple drag and drop:" which is meaning that move it under"grouping /settings".

By the way ,can it be saved as "support/morph ?  Because DAZ said "save as "DSF morph file".Z7AShHCu4HCQNPmvu4SqdvMdz99l8jfUudySH73g.jpgOVVeRgEfl4m2EAXE5bFYhYkT5HdPSvMjZixMdCls.jpgvIDV2ymvEzNZgHAs27lwxYoiWjPIYjOWZL67XAgk.jpg

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 3:02 PM

File>Save As>Support Assets>Morph Asset is how you save a morph so that it automatically appears on every instance of that figure that you load, otherwise it is embedded in the Scene file (or a Character preset that is used to load a new figure, not modify a selected figure). If you do save as a morph asset make sure that it is zeroed and has a zero default value, otherwise every figure will load with it active.

atpo ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 8:17 PM

Thanks and copy that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.