Tue, May 14, 10:52 PM CDT

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 14 8:30 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: eliminate poke-thru holes?

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2024 at 10:53 AM · edited Tue, 14 May 2024 at 9:56 PM

how get rid of poke throughs in renders?

YUwCdxulfLNYmBl2kFi6ohb6L40asNZ2alMtkhco.png

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2024 at 10:57 AM · edited Sat, 27 April 2024 at 7:53 PM

and this, which is similar

sMhWblNm7azHzLcCT59Mjj7flOs2lk6D1ZHoT5uf.png

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2024 at 11:24 AM · edited Sat, 27 April 2024 at 7:53 PM
Site Admin

The best way to fit clothing that overlaps like this is by using the Morphing Tool.  Here's a short guide explaining how to use it to fit a hat over hair but the process is the same for clothing.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2024 at 11:43 AM · edited Sat, 27 April 2024 at 7:53 PM
Site Admin

Something to keep in mind with the morph brush is that the default magnitude is often too high. a much lower magnitude seems to work better as it doesn't move the mesh as much so you're less likely to move it too far.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

I. just worked with morph brush to no effect, I even used the User Manual, which is apparently written for more highly developed engineers than I...and pushed and no effect. I don't know how to show what I did because snapshot requires the cursor...k8IuxaqMryRfm3d59SdTZa0Jn3JL6MjDkGYU4XOm.pngdrawn

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 AM
Online Now!

Show us your Morph Brush settings window please. Also make sure you have the clothing item selected ehrn you use it.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 AM · edited Mon, 29 April 2024 at 10:27 AM
Site Admin

Here's a step-by-step on how to use the morph brush to fix poke-throughs. It can be a little tricky so read carefully. And work slowly.
1 select the clothing you want to fix
2 Load the morph brush. Looks like a pointing finger.

3 The Morph tool pallet will open. Click the Select or create morph. If this says something besides select or create morph, it’s offering to let you edit an existing morph. You don’t want to do that. Click on that to make a new morph.

4 Click New and a new window will pop up.
5 Type in the name you want to call your morph.
6 click OK
7 click loosen fit
8 pick the name of your figure in the goal drop down. My character is named Dath so I’m choosing that.

9 reduce the magnitude to 0.1 or lower
10 as you move the mouse over the clothing you’ll see a bunch of dots

11 Click and drag over the clothing until it is outside the other clothing.
12 Depending on how bad the poke through is this might take a little time. Be patient.
13 You may only need to work on one side and then use the mirror option to copy the morph to the other side

14 touch up anything that didn’t get fixed in the mirror
15 close the morph

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 AM
Site Admin

Occasionally, I will find the morph brush doesn't seem to want to work at all no matter what I do. Saving my file and restarting Poser seems to fix it.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2024 at 3:56 PM · edited Tue, 30 April 2024 at 3:56 PM

well, Red,i thought I worked carefully with your good instructions but somehow I goofed. it worked for a while but then stopped, as:

X9jTuVkq6TSAVZd9sPj3HObhue87NGqbvkYjH0GF.png

it uncovered part of the belt but then stopped and on the left started a new 'hole' on the pocket and won't uncover the last part or the part on the right side of the belt. I was working with loosen shirt and now I'm wondering if I should be tucking it in to the shorts?

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2024 at 5:31 PM

One major problem you may be encountering, you have too many figures in your scene, which is impacting your systems resources.  My recommendation is to export a partial scene containing your figure and troublesome clothing only and import them back into an empty scene.  The Partial Scene save will retain your applied pose.  After you create your new adjustment morphs, export your figure as before, restart Poser, load your stage scene, delete the old troublesome figure, and import the new one with the adjustment morphs.  Never attempt corrective measures on a fully populated scene.  You could risk a program crash that will undo all your work.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2024 at 6:34 PM

Thanks. I didn’t realize that about the crowded scene. Actually I’ve now solved the issue by putting her in a tank top! But I’ll save this advice for the background kid who has holes and I don’t want to change his shirt  thanks all

Drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2024 at 7:03 PM · edited Tue, 30 April 2024 at 7:14 PM
Site Admin

another trick is to hide everything but the figure and clothing you're working on. But you do need to keep an eye on your memory. The more you have in your scene, the more memory you use.

Also, check the properties pallet and look at the Preview subdivision level. Set that to 0 for all your figures. And the clothing. Lafemme 2 has a default of 0. L'homme is 1 and so does Lafemme 1. The clothes may vary. Don't change the render subdivision level. This will lighten the load for you setting up the scene

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2024 at 7:07 PM
Site Admin

As for the shirt you were using, to tuck the shirt in, you would want to morph the shirt and use the tighten fit.

It's likely the belt buckle has more faces on the back and that's why it was not working well.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 7:27 AM

Thanks for the info, how do you guys understand the clockworks so well? Is there a book or tutorial?

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 9:42 AM
Site Admin

I've been using Poser for almost 20 years and reading the forums. There have been many who have shared their knowledge here in the forums. I've asked a lot of questions and read almost everything posted. If you search, you can still find much of it. And I'm also the type that will press a button to see what it does figuring I can always hit undo or revert to the last saved version.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

I am good at troubleshooting and solving issues.  I developed those skills working with multimillion dollars machines.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 1:02 PM

thanks for sharing your hard-earned expertise!

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

an old problem, her boots don't conform, is this a case to use morph tool or is there something else?

T8svZeIvjwfr8jlaoWif9hBOHmC17SUQudRZkjAR.png

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 AM
Are the boots rigged for the figure?  Either the figure is heavily morphed in which case you need to transfer those morphs to the boots or the boots belong to a different figure. 

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

way back I just grabbed the boots from whoknowswhere and put them on her. I'll go bak and be more careful, thanks.

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 8:20 AM

Got fixed

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.