Wed, May 15, 6:25 PM CDT

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 15 7:41 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: I want sharper definition

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 4:13 PM · edited Wed, 15 May 2024 at 1:48 PM

more detail, more something...here's the same scene in preview and rendered in superbly. it's just not sharp edGu31kpZqVhvWltm2VlyBeS9969E1qefFr8C3tOb.png

nuff for my needs. what can I do to improve?

11XxWunaJMO7XQ9CsUUROWa8iTY0ubmtCzgYnhao.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 5:03 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

We need to see a screenshot of your render settings

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 6:26 PM · edited Wed, 24 April 2024 at 6:26 PM

ok I went back and started changing the resolution for renders and then realized the blonde was not in focus, I clicked on her face and then rendered as high as I could without going to black, and then ...

TVB8nwWkKsnHRPJgFczw5lF4HQXlPUtA3VfUDFCT.pngQ3q19jlBKvsequbSNnVZPVrmncNgkquwecN9LcZx.png??

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 7:27 PM · edited Wed, 24 April 2024 at 7:27 PM

The Render Dimensions panel will not sharpen your image.  You need to increase your pixel sampling under the Render Settings panel and this depends on whether you are using CPU or GPU rendering (see image below).  The screen image you provided appears to have Depth of Field applied.  Is this correct?

d8OzC7vUFsKPGpUEBeXxPaJSBygJ93dy38onjNzO.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 8:39 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I agree that the dimensions won't help the blurriness. You need more pixel samples. Showing your render settings would help us help you tweak them

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2024 at 3:16 PM · edited Thu, 25 April 2024 at 3:16 PM

changed settings to match your's, set distance at 17 (inches?) removed depth of field. it seems to be using GPU, is that best?

GmU5rBwuRPuu6kDIsVlTQIZhcqxI5CgiBb5on7sm.pngpaH9QKKOYfFXvkNxzvwRDDWGuV0cyrbIZ2NX3ePb.png

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2024 at 3:34 PM

To get rid of the graininess, select a higher "Load Preset" from the button below in the Render Settings window.  Keep in mind, higher pixel sampling will take longer to render.  GPU means that the rendering is working off of your graphics card.  

If you did not reset the units of measure in the General Preferences, you might be using Poser Units for distance.  ATM, render without depth of field until you become more familiar with rendering.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2024 at 8:38 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Depth of field can be tricky to set right. I agree that you might want to wait on that.

The settings you use are good for test renders to ensure lights and textures look good. Higher settings are good for final renders.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.