Thu, Jun 13, 11:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Jun 13 7:52 am)

Subject: Problems with scenes created in previous versions of Poser.

JAFO ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 4:26 PM · edited Wed, 12 June 2024 at 12:43 AM

I have hundreds of scenes in various stages of development that I created in P12 and earlier that crash poser to the desktop whenever I click on render settings. The scenes load fine but crash without warning consistently. My workaround (a real PITA) is to open a new scene,delete the lights, import the old scene to the new scene (import poser document/prop) which still leaves me with a lot of extra cameras and shadow light cameras, this got old real fast, but at least my scenes are salvageable...

Anyone else having this issue??

PS: this isn't an issue that began with the latest releases....

Y'all have a great day.

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2024 at 2:05 PM
Forum Moderator

There's a bug fix in P13. Probably 2 or 3 releases back that addresses and issue with lights not being saved properly. This is probably fallout from that as the original issue was that all three of the light's color channels were read from and stored to the green channel. We never encountered any crashes from testing but this is the only real change to lighting I can think of for P13.

If you delete the lights before messing with render settings does that prevent the crash?

Also try saving the lights in the scene as a light set then deleting and reloading from the light set. That should correct the lights state in Poser.

JAFO ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2024 at 3:06 PM · edited Sun, 17 March 2024 at 3:15 PM

@nerd: The problem is not the lights, its attempting to set render options that causes the crash on every scene created in previous versions. The older scenes load and render fine(but very slow compared to P13). My suspicion is that it has something to do with differences in the way adaptive sampling is implemented that resulted in faster renders, just a hunch...

Loading the old scene into a new scene cures the issue, the only reason I delete the lights from the new scene is to prevent duplicates.

Try creating a scene in P12 set render options and save to disc(or use an existing P12 scene), then open that scene in P13 and attempt to change render settings see if it works for you. If you don't have an issue I'll know its on my end, though i cant imagine how that's the case.

I've wrestled with this issue for months...Reinstalled P13 several times including uninstalling and fresh installs... after several attempts I (formatted drive)upgraded the OS from Win10 to Win11 same problem persists...

Thanks for your reply...

PS: I loaded an older scene and deleted all the lights and got the same result.

Y'all have a great day.

nerd ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2024 at 2:27 PM
Forum Moderator

I've tried scenes all the way back to Poser 4 and I can't get a crash. There's obviously more to this. Can you open a support ticket so we can examine this more closely.

bammbamm ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2024 at 4:15 PM · edited Wed, 03 April 2024 at 4:17 PM

I thinking I'm having this same problem. Everytime I go to Make Movie on scenes from older versions, Poser just closes out instead.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.