Wed, May 15, 2:06 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 15 12:18 pm)

Subject: La Femme 2 Lite Now Available

tim ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 5:08 PM · edited Wed, 15 May 2024 at 7:14 AM
Site Admin

La Femme 2 Lite is now available in the Included content area (or download page) for Poser 11, 12 & 13 ahead of the full LF2 release tomorrow at 10 AM Central Time.

This comes with the figure, a one-piece bathing suit & the Femmetastic Hair.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 5:58 PM

A note to avoid confusion:

There are files in the Poser 12 version of her that aren't present in the Poser 11 version, and there are files in the Poser 13 version that aren't in the other two. This is because some features are not compatible with some versions of Poser, so the incompatible files are not included for those versions. They are:

-Walk designer files - these are only in the Poser 13 version of LF2 Lite, because previous versions of Poser don't support custom figures in the Walk Designer.

-Material conversion files from LF to LF2 - these are only in Poser 13 and Poser 12 versions of LF2 Lite, because they involve python scripts that are not compatible with Poser 11.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 6:34 PM

Woohoo! Downloading now...

willyb53 ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 8:08 PM

LaFemm clothes do not work, LaFemme morphs do not work, so basicly there is no legacy content,  do not feel like starting over :(

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2023 at 8:30 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Actually, dynamic clothes do work. Here is an image I'm working on. It's far from done but that is an outfit I made for OG Lafemme. There is a morph dial that allows them to work perfectly. Poses also work with a dial. Materials work too.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 2:07 AM

"Material conversion files from LF to LF2" - What do those do? Can you use LF textures on LF2?

Played with her a little. She looks a lot better in Superfly than in Firefly. I hope more FF-friendly textures will be available in the RMP. I still find Superfly unpleasantly grainy.

tim ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 2:19 AM
Site Admin

Have you tried the PostFX Denoise option?  You can save the PostFX options to your scene document & will auto apply to every render.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 2:36 AM
Forum Coordinator Online Now!
randym77 posted at 2:07 AM Wed, 27 September 2023 - #4475344

"Material conversion files from LF to LF2" - What do those do? Can you use LF textures on LF2?

Yes, you can use LF1 textures on LF2 when you use the conversions to adapt the eyes and the lashes.  

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 7:43 AM

So to compare this situation a bit, it's sorta like V3 to V4 except the conversion between textures and poses is much better.

Looking forward to taking her for a spin later today.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 7:46 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

My first image with Lafemme 2. She's wearing clothes for Lafemme. I only converted the boots. The rest is dynamic and works with the Lafemme shape dial. I used the convert textures script and used a Lafemme texture. Hair was one for  Lafemme and used a Lafemme 2 fit morph. The pose is for Lafemme and used the Lafemme pose dial. The shown shape is her original since I don't have any morphs for her yet.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 11:21 AM

tim posted at 2:19 AM Wed, 27 September 2023 - #4475345

Have you tried the PostFX Denoise option?  You can save the PostFX options to your scene document & will auto apply to every render.

I have. I don't like it. To me, it just makes the render look blurry. I get better results using Photoshop.

But I really prefer Firefly. I don't want to produce photoreal renders to begin with, so FF better suits my needs.

I also find Superfly extremely finicky. Settings that work for one render will look terrible in the next. While with FF, once you find settings you like, they work for just about everything.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 12:26 PM

The coupon in the newsletter announcing LF2 doesn't work.

Did you decide to just put her on sale, rather than requiring a coupon?

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 2:03 PM

If anyone's wondering how the material conversion works...the scripts are in a folder called Tools in the materials part of the library. I was looking in the scripts folder, LOL.

Works pretty well. Here she is in the April La Femme textures.

wIaN0FRkHb99bfQEwJjNp7RH2dIzAEzCz6q5PGNz.jpg

I love the style of the hair she comes with, but the textures don't look as good in FF as in SF. Hoping Wolfie does some add on textures.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 3:09 PM
Online Now!

I don't mean to sound cheap ... But is there an upgrade from LF1pro?  With a limited income I need to watch my pennies.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 3:15 PM

Yup, that's my issue too. I can't  just drop fifty bucks right now when that's half a week's groceries for my family.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 3:50 PM
Online Now!

Well, with rewards, coupons and gift certificates ... I got it down to a good level. I suggest that to others, this is a beautiful model!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 5:16 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Fun fact, If you have hair made for a different figure that includes a hair fit for Lafemme and you combine it with the hair fit for Lafemme 2, you can use that hair too

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 7:32 PM

So, what is the difference between La Femme 2 Lite and La Femme 2 Pro? Aside from the merchant resource stuff.

Do you need the Pro version to inject the morph packs?

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 8:54 PM

I do like her shoulders. She looks much better with her arm raised the original LF.

And if anyone's wondering, you can run the scripts to fix the eye and brow textures in Poser 12/13, then work on the file in Poser 11, if you so wish. (I did it because Poser 11 is more stable than Poser 13 at this point. Also, I haven't figured out how to render against a black BG in Poser 13 yet.)

DPICq8ChKWoLpfN0EJLnUqAUmSa1aTIMuDfQSCWb.jpg

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 7:02 AM

randym77 posted at 7:32 PM Wed, 27 September 2023 - #4475426

So, what is the difference between La Femme 2 Lite and La Femme 2 Pro? Aside from the merchant resource stuff.

Pro has a nipple shape morph, a genital (camel toe) morph, three full body morphs, three full face morphs, a bunch of extra materials (skin colors, makeup options, eye colors, eyebrow and eyelash options) and the mentioned merchant resource stuff.

No, you don't need Pro to inject morph packs. :)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 7:50 AM

I got her as a gift (thanks again, Janet!!), and I have to say I absolutely love this doll already!  She has a cute face, bends REAL nice and blows fresh wind into the Runtime!  Here is to hoping that she gets a ton of support... this lady deserves it!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 10:45 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 7:02 AM Thu, 28 September 2023 - #4475446

randym77 posted at 7:32 PM Wed, 27 September 2023 - #4475426

Pro has a nipple shape morph, a genital (camel toe) morph, three full body morphs, three full face morphs, a bunch of extra materials (skin colors, makeup options, eye colors, eyebrow and eyelash options) and the mentioned merchant resource stuff.

No, you don't need Pro to inject morph packs. :)

Thanks, that's useful info, given that some people are complaining about the price. They don't have to get everything all at once.

Not a merchant and not planning to ever be one, but the merchant resource stuff looks really great. I was wondering if someone would make a sloper set for her, like someone at ShareCG did for LF1, but there's no need. She comes with her own proto-clothes.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 10:59 AM · edited Thu, 28 September 2023 at 10:59 AM
Online Now!

randym77 posted at 8:54 PM Wed, 27 September 2023 - #4475428

I do like her shoulders. She looks much better with her arm raised the original LF.

" Also, I haven't figured out how to render against a black BG in Poser 13 yet."

Seriously?  It's not any different than P11.  There are 3 approaches, 2 require the construct to be invisible:

Method 1. Construct invisible:     eqZ3Kh7nRahsa826Th2RKSkfnWSkZAxrg8tqQnfV.png

Method 2, Construct invisible:     HINPbEI10u5745NiqS68MdbiWWAk9t9kOBBGOcwj.png

Method 3: With the Construct visible, enter the Material Room and change the color of both the Ground and the Background to black.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 11:41 AM

It is different in Poser 13. Like, the same file rendered in Poser 13 comes out with that beige BG, while it renders with a black BG in Poser 11.

The way I typically do it is to set the ground to visible, but invisible in camera. (I like seeing the grid when I'm setting up a scene.) Then I set it to "render over black" in Render Settings.

This is much more convenient. I want the construct to be visible (just not rendered), and I don't want it black. I find it a lot harder to work with a black background. I want to see the grid lines.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 11:47 AM

And if anyone's curious...Poser 12 works the same way as Poser 11.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 12:24 PM
Online Now!

I completely forgot; you prefer Firefly over Superfly.  My bad, I've almost completely switched over.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 12:30 PM

Well, it looks like setting the background color to black will render with a black background, if the construct is set to visible, but invisible in camera.

Workable, but what happened to render over black? The option is still there, but it appears to be nonfunctional.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2023 at 12:33 PM
hborre posted at 12:24 PM Thu, 28 September 2023 - #4475463

I completely forgot; you prefer Firefly over Superfly.  My bad, I've almost completely switched over.

That's why I'm using LF1 textures. They look good in FF.  :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.