Sat, Jul 27, 12:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 4:07 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Renderosity Announces Change in Policy Regarding AI Gallery Images

msansing ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 9:20 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 8:21 PM
Site Admin

Renderosity, a leading digital content community, is announcing an update to its company policy aimed at improving the well-being of our artists. Our company is joining other industry leaders who care about and are interested in protecting copyrighted artwork. Effective immediately, we are instituting a comprehensive ban on the use of images created with artificial intelligence (AI). The rapid development of AI technology is beneficial in some areas, but AI created content can be deceptive. As we take this step, we believe we are helping encourage the responsible use of this technology.

Since 1998, Renderosity has been an online community for graphic artists that maintains integrity and encourages growth. As technology changes, we will remain committed to ethical practices as well as our family of artists.  

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 11:38 AM

Did you forget something?  This is AI too

Welcome to Deep Dream Generator
The ultimate AI image generator.

Gill

DarkAngel612 ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 11:47 AM

Gill, it would seem that this program using AI is not just thinking of getting members but considering the fact that art is art and that AI can be created legally and sold as such too. Thanks for the name so many can try it out.

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 11:58 AM

Hoo-boy! We gonna ban Photoshop too? Because yes, it has AI. And if you fix or postwork using that, especially generative fill, guess what? You just used the forbidden, "evil" tech.

And where does mixed media stand? I have images in my gallery that are Daz/Poser with some AI elements and also AI/Photoshop/actual physical camera used in the creation. Are these still allowed or now banned as well? 

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 12:08 PM

Good riddance. 💗💖💞💕❤️ Sending love and peaceful energy to everyone reading these words ❤️💕💞💖💗

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 1:13 PM
gillbrooks posted at 11:38 AM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474150

Did you forget something?  This is AI too

Welcome to Deep Dream Generator
The ultimate AI image generator.

Thank you for letting me know. The section has been locked. I apologize for any confusion or frustration.

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 1:16 PM
Byrdie posted at 11:58 AM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474153

Hoo-boy! We gonna ban Photoshop too? Because yes, it has AI. And if you fix or postwork using that, especially generative fill, guess what? You just used the forbidden, "evil" tech.

And where does mixed media stand? I have images in my gallery that are Daz/Poser with some AI elements and also AI/Photoshop/actual physical camera used in the creation. Are these still allowed or now banned as well? 

Thank you for reaching out. We are not banning Photoshop. Please refrain from posting AI images on Renderosity moving forward. I apologize for any frustration or confusion.

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 1:20 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 12:08 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474156

Good riddance. 💗💖💞💕❤️ Sending love and peaceful energy to everyone reading these words ❤️💕💞💖💗

i wish i could also say good riddance to all totally talentless horrors i've seen made in 3d, pointless photos, and other often repetitive eyesores that burned my retina every time i opened the galleries, because "art" doesn't need to be beautiful or skilled - as long as it's made by humans, right?
i loved each and every single one of my AI made image and was proud of them. and i don't have the money to buy a real good laptop that allows me to use my 3d prog in a useful manner. 

so i'll do like everyone else and upload NO AI images made by myself on a fully natural 3d program or whatever -  that i can't even bear to look at myself, because they suck. they will not be AI, but they won't be much worse as what i've already seen. yay, 8 useless ugly images a day, what a pleasure! but who cares, as long as it's not the big bad AI menace that robs "real artists" of their income...

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 1:27 PM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 1:29 PM

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Folks, there is a humongous difference between using AI technology as PART of a toolset to create an image, and just using the AI to create a complete image (and calling it 'your' artwork). What that means is that YOU as an artist are controlling what comes out as the final image rather than the AI. Using a combination of Poser / DAZ, Photoshop / Gimp / Painter / Whatever as your creative toolset is not, I repeat, NOT the same as typing in a bunch of prompt words / phrases, then letting the AI do its thing. YOU are the creator of the image, not the AI. Using generative fill in Photoshop as a tool is not the same as generating an entirely new image using AI only.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 1:47 PM

You could lock this thread. There isn't anything to debate here. Protect our writers also, ChatGPT is AI.

Thank you, Renderosity! Hope you are able to fully recover.

Mjrk ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 1:52 PM

Too sad, those were often the most interesting pictures.

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 1:57 PM

RodS posted at 1:27 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474165

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Folks, there is a humongous difference between using AI technology as PART of a toolset to create an image, and just using the AI to create a complete image (and calling it 'your' artwork). What that means is that YOU as an artist are controlling what comes out as the final image rather than the AI. Using a combination of Poser / DAZ, Photoshop / Gimp / Painter / Whatever as your creative toolset is not, I repeat, NOT the same as typing in a bunch of prompt words / phrases, then letting the AI do its thing. YOU are the creator of the image, not the AI. Using generative fill in Photoshop as a tool is not the same as generating an entirely new image using AI only.

yeah? so have a look at the last, fresh 8 images in my gallery. they've been hand made by me, a human, and daz studio on a natural computer you can find growing in the nature, with the power of my purely human mind. ok, they are random useless renders i found growing mold on the bottom of my DS render folder. but many other renders here on this site look like this (and they're not fails, they're actually considered as finished and ready to be admired!) - or worse. i hate every single one of them, and if it wasn't for the rewards, i wouldn't be caught dead confessing that they're mine.

and then look at the beautiful other images i made the weeks/months before with AI, enjoying every moment of their creation. 

thank you all anti AI people, you just saved the world from beauty. but at least, the human lack of talent is rewarded. long live the human race. it won't last long anyway.

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 1:57 PM
Mjrk posted at 1:52 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474169

Too sad, those were often the most interesting pictures.

word! +999'999

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 2:02 PM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 2:07 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 1:47 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474168

You could lock this thread. There isn't anything to debate here. Protect our writers also, ChatGPT is AI.

Thank you, Renderosity! Hope you are able to fully recover.

yeah sure, now that you could say what you wanted to say, and got the results you wanted to get - close it so nobody can say how disappointed they are. because they just don't share your opinion, it should not be heard, right? 

hey there is another kind of atrocity that should be banned on rendo, because it's the bane of the internet, and it's anything but beautiful or talented: SELFIES. and anything that looks like one.

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 2:26 PM

someone just warned me that i could get banned.. for what? for saying my honest opinion and expressing my bitter disappointment? or for uploading my own made art like everyone else? please tell me that it can't be. is a ban for that even possible? what have i done wrong? are we still in a free platform? i have not used any profanities, nor threats/violence, nor mentioned nudity (not very on topic lol).

so before you ban me, warn me, and i will delete every comment, and be sad in my little corner all silently by myself - like all minorities...

rhol_figament ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 2:30 PM

So much for freedom of expression.  An art site that bans certain types of art, ya that makes a lot of sense.  More than likely it's all about the money, can't sell content if no one is using it eh.  It will be interesting to see how much longer Poser, Daz and the like keep going, I give them five to ten years at max.  Stuff changes, people not so much.

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 2:34 PM

yanno, this really should also be announced under the "News" area of the site as some folks mayn't know to come to a forum to find this information.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 2:45 PM

This is nuts!  What's next, evil Photoshop with its Neural filters?  Even webbrowsers integrate AI.  And to those self-appointed "purists" out there...  You don't have one picture that is all yours.  You utilize products -made-by-others!!  But it's good to see that handful of whining blackmailers here finally got their way.   But guess what... You likely won't get more clicks now than you did when AI was a!lowed.  But hey, as long as we can look at scores of vapid nudes....

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 2:53 PM

Thank you to everyone who has let us know how you feel. I just wanted to say we see and hear you. Please sitemail me if you have any concerns or need any assistance. I am always happy to help.

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 2:56 PM

hmatienzo posted at 2:45 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474176

This is nuts!  What's next, evil Photoshop with its Neural filters?  Even webbrowsers integrate AI.  And to those self-appointed "purists" out there...  You don't have one picture that is all yours.  You utilize products -made-by-others!!  But it's good to see that handful of whining blackmailers here finally got their way.   But guess what... You likely won't get more clicks now than you did when AI was a!lowed.  But hey, as long as we can look at scores of vapid nudes....

aaah but vapid nudes made by a human person, not a robot! /sarcasm end

even if they all look the same, like the same chick in 8 positions, render time maybe faster than AI, and "scene" creation time not much longer. creation skills .. yeah well. theme... not exactly rare and unexpected but pr0n always pays off. and as to the amount of products involved, 1 female model used ad eternam and no clothing nor props, not gonna boost the business much either.

if you want to have real quality in those galleries, there would be so many other things to ban apart from or even instead of AI, word!
but we live in a cancel culture now, and AI is probably the new tobacco - it's just not trending to be seen using it.

Kenmac ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 2:58 PM
Online Now!

This is a sad thing for me to see. It was A.I. generated images that got me back into posting at Renderosity after literally years. I really enjoyed making those images and sharing them with others in the A.I. forum. I've seen some really amazing images there and it was very inspiring to me and the other people who posted there. I truly hope this decision will be reversed. 

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:11 PM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:15 PM

Agreed. If this were illegal art -- as ruled by a court of law, not public opinion -- then banning it would make sense. Indeed, it would be the only option. But it is not illegal, unless used to make nasty stuff like child smut, which is already against the law no matter how it's produced. So what else are we to think but that money concerns and peer pressure have a huge role to play in this decision?

And no, I won't be spending more on 3d stuff now that these tools are no longer welcome here. Because frankly I've a small fortune's worth of Poser, Daz, Bryce, Vue and other products sitting around since 2004 or thereabouts and I really don't need to buy more. Have not got the time and certainly not the money to ride that merry-go-round again. :-(

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:14 PM

I tell you why I am so upset..  I am disabled.  At times, I can barely move my hands because of nerve inflamation.  I can use a flat hand to move the mouse as long as I don't have to clutch it.  I still spend a lot of time fine-tuning my AI because there is more to a picture than just pushing a button...  As artists here can tell you.  This is one of the very few things I can do when I am having a flare-up.   And I love my work.  Now you tell me I can't share my art anymore because a  few individuals feel they get a c!ick less!  Every time in history when something  new came a!ong, there was howling.  Painting with bold strokes or dots and dabs??  A scandal!!

Look, all I am trying to say is that AI is here to stay despite what a few naysayers think and want.  Because where do you stop,  ban everything not approved by the Poser-Only police here?  

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:19 PM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:19 PM

I never stopped doing 3D and have only posted 3D in my tiny gallery.

I did however enjoy the AI forum and frequently combine 3D and AI in my videos

Because I am not an artist, I am a producer, a set dresser etc using assets 3D and 2D.

Renderosity for me is an asset store I buy content from, I don't give a crap what people post in the gallery.

Admit I find being rewarded for it and not for buying content like I do odd though ...

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:30 PM

why not just do what folks have said many times over - create a separate gallery for AI?

and have it truly separated...

for example, one logs into rendo, clicks a link to go to the AI only specific gallery.  you could program it so one does not receive points, if you feel paying to post isn't in the site's best interest.  however, it could still earn Rendo its money through having the traffic and the ads that exist here that give Rendo some benefit...

just a thought, an idea for some kind of compromise.  prolly not the way you'll end up going, but still, a thought...

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:31 PM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:38 PM

This. Yes. What hmatienzo said. Now that I am older and even more disabled I find that traditional, even 3d, art is much harder than it used to be. Which is why I hardly bothered until AI tools came along and suddenly it was much easier to translate the ideas in my brain to images on my screen. Not "instant" or "effortless" like some people claim, though. Much thought, work and patience are still required, at least for me. Because rarely am I satisfied with first drafts, no matter how good any tool or technology gets. 

P.S. The AI gallery was already separated. Not sure how much more separated it could possibly have gotten, except of course for being gone. Which apparently it now is. :-(

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:33 PM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:33 PM
maneki_neko posted at 1:57 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474170

RodS posted at 1:27 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474165

"yeah? so have a look at the last, fresh 8 images in my gallery. they've been hand made by me, a human, and daz studio on a natural computer you can find growing in the nature, with the power of my purely human mind. ok, they are random useless renders i found growing mold on the bottom of my DS render folder. but many other renders here on this site look like this (and they're not fails, they're actually considered as finished and ready to be admired!) - or worse. i hate every single one of them, and if it wasn't for the rewards, i wouldn't be caught dead confessing that they're mine.

and then look at the beautiful other images i made the weeks/months before with AI, enjoying every moment of their creation. 

thank you all anti AI people, you just saved the world from beauty. but at least, the human lack of talent is rewarded. long live the human race. it won't last long anyway."

Yes, I saw those - and figured out your message pretty quickly. I'm sorry you feel that way. There's not much I can say that will allow you to see the issue from a different viewpoint, so I'll not say anymore. I wish you well.

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:50 PM
Giana posted at 3:30 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474184

why not just do what folks have said many times over - create a separate gallery for AI?

and have it truly separated...

for example, one logs into rendo, clicks a link to go to the AI only specific gallery.  you could program it so one does not receive points, if you feel paying to post isn't in the site's best interest.  however, it could still earn Rendo its money through having the traffic and the ads that exist here that give Rendo some benefit...

just a thought, an idea for some kind of compromise.  prolly not the way you'll end up going, but still, a thought...

Thank you for your feedback. While we had a seperate section for AI, everything still funneled into the New Art section. As you probably already know, that is the way our site operates. Thank you again for your suggestion. We do value your feedback. 

ladylake ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:57 PM

I wonder if the DAZ/Poser folks realize how many people who post AI images were commenting on their images?  I commented on a lot of them.  Now that many of us will be looking for a new home there will be less comments on all images be it Bryce, Vue, a photo or DAZ/Poser. 

Thank goodness there were a lot of DAZ/Poser users who weren't so narrow minded as to think that only what they do is any good....can be considered art.   Lots of them commented on my images and it was appreciated. 

I saw one person who was talking about AI images say that photos were the same...all you had to do was "click".  Well, as with anything that is good, it takes a lot more than that.  

I am sorry that I won't be allowed to post anymore.  I have had an amazing time doing so.  I guess I should not be surprised at what has happened....it is happening all over.  The small group that shouts/protests the loudest and the most gets their way.  

To all my friends that I have made, RR has been like a home to me for a very long time, so I am not closing my account because I want to be able to come back and say "hi" to you once in a while.   But I will be looking for another place to be, where what I contribute will be okay.  

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 3:59 PM

@ maneki_neko,

I do have to agree with you as far as the daily 8 images of the same chick just in slightly different poses, and the daily limit of promos EVERY day by a couple folks that shall remain nameless..

Now, I'm outta here...

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 4:00 PM

Actually, if you want to get really pedantic, any art created on a computer is AI because essentially, a computer is artificial intelligence.   Poser, Daz, Vue, they're all computer generated images, not actual "ART" that a person has created themselves, and in a lot of cases, it really is just a point and click "make art" button, especially with Poser and Daz presets.

Not much difference between them in reality.

When I moved over to digital after years of painting on real canvas with real brushes, it was a great difference.

Gill

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 4:06 PM

yes, Caroline, i'm aware.  but Rendo employs programmers who should have skillsets to program things slightly differently for an AI section...

as i said, just a thought...

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 4:20 PM

Giana, read the original post one more time. You cannot host AI images, that's not how you join the other supporting websites. Some ISPs in the U.S. started blocking AI websites and AI apps.

I'm going to do my best to ask one vendor and two artists to return to Renderosity. Now, that's something everyone can do.

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 4:26 PM

i did read it, thanks, Twiz :)

bakapo ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 4:35 PM

This makes me sad. I always thought art was art, but aparently art is only what some people think is art. 

Thank you to the AI artists who shared their beautiful visions here. Maybe we can meet elsewhere... 

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 4:42 PM
bakapo posted at 4:35 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474194

This makes me sad. I always thought art was art, but aparently art is only what some people think is art. 

Thank you to the AI artists who shared their beautiful visions here. Maybe we can meet elsewhere... 

nightCafé ^^

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 4:49 PM

Discord maybe? Lots of art groups & artists already on there. All types, AI & otherwise. 

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 4:53 PM

Btw, do we need to purge our galleries of anything we did earlier that's no longer welcome? Because back before there was an AI section, stuff did end up under 2D, Mixed media and any other categories that seemed to fit. 

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 5:21 PM

Caroline,

i sent you a sitemail with a question about this issue.  mentioning this here as i'm sure you are fielding quite a bit atm, and things might be easy to miss, so to speak, as you direct your attention to this thread :))

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 5:31 PM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 5:34 PM

reads forum incognito and scratches almost empty brain case

how does someone who renders nudes in Poser support a DAZ studio clothing accessories vendor just because they are both antiAi?

or do people just buy products they cannot use because they share values?

I really don't understand the economics of the marketplace do I?

I thought they wanted my money by selling me 3D assets  for some dumb reason, I have completely misunderstood this site all along

its a fandom not a store

does site traffic really generate more income than sales?

bit off topic but I really don't get the reasoning behind alienating half your actual customers  because of ideals 

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

UteBigSmile ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 5:33 PM
ladylake posted at 3:57 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474188

I wonder if the DAZ/Poser folks realize how many people who post AI images were commenting on their images?  I commented on a lot of them.  Now that many of us will be looking for a new home there will be less comments on all images be it Bryce, Vue, a photo or DAZ/Poser. 

Thank goodness there were a lot of DAZ/Poser users who weren't so narrow minded as to think that only what they do is any good....can be considered art.   Lots of them commented on my images and it was appreciated. 

I saw one person who was talking about AI images say that photos were the same...all you had to do was "click".  Well, as with anything that is good, it takes a lot more than that.  

I am sorry that I won't be allowed to post anymore.  I have had an amazing time doing so.  I guess I should not be surprised at what has happened....it is happening all over.  The small group that shouts/protests the loudest and the most gets their way.  

To all my friends that I have made, RR has been like a home to me for a very long time, so I am not closing my account because I want to be able to come back and say "hi" to you once in a while. But I will be looking for another place to be, where what I contribute will be okay.  

"Lyla I completely agree with you in every point of view!" -  Now I can throw at least 510 AI Images in the garbage can, what a shame!

Why can't I change my avatar anymore?

UteBigSmile ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 5:40 PM
bakapo posted at 4:35 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474194

I agree: Thank you my dear Barb! 

Why can't I change my avatar anymore?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 5:57 PM

because I cannot edit my previous post just adding as a 3D renderer who frequently uses AI backgrounds albeit on YouTube,

why are images that don't use any Renderosity products still OK as long as AI not used?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 6:00 PM
Online Now!

One thing to consider is that AI is already integrated into people's lives, and it's becoming more so every day. A few have hopes that they will wake up one day, and AI will just magically go away, but that's not how the world works. As proven in past history, those who fight technology will be left behind. Disney is the prime example of it - they have strongly opposed 3D in their studios for over a decade, until they were left behind and ran after their losses. Their claim was the same - "3D is not art". Studio Ghibli from Japan went the same way, banning 3D from their studios until they realized that was a grave mistake. Now we all know a studio cannot compete in the market without 3D. Pixar Studios had already established that way before, but some decided to swim against the tide. The end is always the same. 

Back in the early 2000s, I have suffered great prejudice and discrimination because I was a 3D artist, and some in the community insisted that "3D was not art", and wanted 3D artists banned. I have suffered all kinds of flaming for YEARS because of it, and then when it finally subsided, new 3D artists who join the site will never know the hell I went through because now everybody is welcome. A few professional photographers from dA told me it was the same with them before 3D, with claims that it was "not art". As usual, photographers went through flaming and humiliation for YEARS until everybody now understands and accepts it. That's the burden we carry.

And now, hold and behold, "AI is not art". Here we go again. 

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 6:04 PM

wait.. why are some people who have created Ai images BEFORE this new decision talk about throwing away / deleting their images, be it in the AI section or when there wasn't one, in other galleries?

i had understood this new policy as in "RENDEROSITY DOESN'T ACCEPT ANY AI IMAGES FROM NOW ON" - and not as in "renderosity will be a totally AI-free zone and will delete or ask the userS to delete ALL AI IMAGES EVER UPLOADED"...

can someone please clarify this question - and hopefully reassure all of us who have full galleries with AI images made before today...

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 6:14 PM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 6:21 PM

If you're thinking this will stop spammers in the galleries, think again. There is a so-called Vue image under category Romance that is neither Vue nor romance but an ad with a link to an adult services page. "Best Call Girl In Delhi", I kid you not. Just reported it. 

P.S. No, I haven't deleted anything in my gallery yet. Not sure if old stuff can stay or not so I figured I'd better ask to be on the safe side. Will comply with the rules, no more AI in anything else posted here by this little featherhead.

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 6:52 PM

Byrdie posted at 6:14 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474208

If you're thinking this will stop spammers in the galleries, think again. There is a so-called Vue image under category Romance that is neither Vue nor romance but an ad with a link to an adult services page. "Best Call Girl In Delhi", I kid you not. Just reported it. 

P.S. No, I haven't deleted anything in my gallery yet. Not sure if old stuff can stay or not so I figured I'd better ask to be on the safe side. Will comply with the rules, no more AI in anything else posted here by this little featherhead.

we both, i saw + reported it too. some people know no shame.

well, the announcement mentioned "comprehensive", which means "all" but on the other hand didn't mention it's retroactive so it's a grey zone. however CHMedia wrote in this post here : "Please refrain from posting AI images on Renderosity moving forward" - which for me means older images uploaded before today are not included.
this really needs to be clarified, clearly written in all letters, and posted on various places in the site, before misinformed people start deleting all their good stuff that could stay!

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 7:02 PM · edited Thu, 07 September 2023 at 7:03 PM
Byrdie posted at 6:14 PM Thu, 7 September 2023 - #4474208

I saw that and reported it as well... Is there not some kind of filter for that sort of stuff, Mods? I've seen and reported many of those SPAMs over the last few months.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 9:08 PM
Site Admin

At this point, we are not asking anyone to remove older images, only not posting new ones.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 9:14 PM

Thanks for the clarification. 

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2023 at 9:19 PM

I don’t believe anyone needs to remove their past AI posts at this time. If I find out otherwise I will reach out. I sincerely apologize for any frustration or confusion. Anyone is welcome to sitemail me with concerns or questions. I am always happy to help and I have seen all of your posts. 

If you need assistance with your avatar please sitemail me your new image. I can change it on your behalf. Sometimes images cache and cookies need to be cleared. You could also try changing the file name. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.