Fri, Apr 19, 3:33 PM CDT

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 14 7:54 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Wondering how to use Logic Nodes for Poser material room?

Richard60 ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2023 at 10:46 PM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 6:22 AM

BMMFrdvaxy5b0j9uraffd4lA52hk5rtZqiZbIHAY.png

Here is a screen shot of how to use the Logic Nodes in a Material.  On the Far right there are 4 nodes starting with HSV.  These are the selection point and only one of them can be High at any time.  Below those 4 are two condition tests White is High or True and Black is Low or False. Moving inward to the left at the top you will see a node ending in A (I will just call them by the last letter in their name to keep it simple).  This is a simple OR gate and it checks the Near and CW selection points and will Go High if one of them is active.  A feeds into the XOR gates J & K.  and as long as G & H are Low J & K outputs will be High and that signal moves down to L & M to determine Range and Direction (rotation).  Now as long as the two condition tests at the far right are Low the signal flows as above.  However if one of the two them is High (They both cannot be High at the same time) Then it will active the gates B-F.  In this case the Bottom Test is High so the AND Input 1 on B & F will be High and it might send a signal through if some other conditions also become High.  Now say HSV CW is High then B will have a High on OR input 1 and since the AND input 1 is also High then the Output of B AND will become High.  B feeds into G Which makes it go High on the OR output.  G feeds into J and since J already has the other input High from C then the output of J goes Low since J is an XOR gate.  An XOR can only have one input High at a time to have a High output otherwise it is Low.  Since J was High and now is Low it just changed the range that will be use in the blend color.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2023 at 9:29 AM

I edited your thread to remove the white background on the text. I hope that is ok. Thank you for contributing to Free Stuff.

Richard60 ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2023 at 10:09 AM

Thank you doing that.  I could not figure it out last night.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Thalek ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2023 at 9:29 PM

Just passing through.  I used his OR gate to turn an image into transparency mask.  Just put the image to be masked (a colorful tattoo image on a white background) into the OR gate and sent the output as a pure black and white mask to the transparency input. Made it into a wonderful decal-like tattoo, with good colors and black was truly black.  (I've been experimenting with the late Shana's Inked series, turning them into Material Layers.)

Thalek ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2023 at 1:00 AM · edited Fri, 21 April 2023 at 1:00 AM

On the left side, you see my method, which admittedly doesn't actually look bad.  And the right side is the OR gate result.

BITz09q82ZgxUL13fCyZjGdWlCXiMBhrB7Ajjq1U.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.