Sun, Jun 16, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How to create light and dark side to planet

CheshirePaul ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 11:44 AM · edited Sun, 16 June 2024 at 8:14 AM

Sorry if this is a little basic, but I've been unable to find any answers through web searches and I'm new to Carrara. How do you create a half lit planet eg: like a crescent shape moon effect? Is it down to lighting or is it necessary to do something with, textures, material, or?

Thanks, Paul

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 1:56 PM · edited Thu, 16 March 2023 at 1:57 PM

lighting will do it, make sure with scene selected in the outliner the ambient is set to zero

you probably want to use distant light (not sunlight and the sky or realistic sky options)

the crescent shape will come down to your camera angle in relation to sphere primitive I assume you will use

that said Carrara does include pre-sets for Earth and other planets

also

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/carrara-discussion

will get you more help than on this forum as not many Carrara users frequent it

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

CheshirePaul ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 3:20 AM
wendyvainity posted at 1:56 PM Thu, 16 March 2023 - #4458722

lighting will do it, make sure with scene selected in the outliner the ambient is set to zero

you probably want to use distant light (not sunlight and the sky or realistic sky options)

the crescent shape will come down to your camera angle in relation to sphere primitive I assume you will use

that said Carrara does include pre-sets for Earth and other planets

also

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/carrara-discussion

will get you more help than on this forum as not many Carrara users frequent it

Many Thanks, I will experiment with those settings. Paul 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.