Sat, Jul 27, 5:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 10:50 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Unimesh Exporter Python script for Poser 12

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2022 at 7:29 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 9:00 AM

Unimesh Exporter for Poser 12

This is my 2nd script release for this month - the much anticipated "Unimesh Exporter" for Poser 12. It FINALLY makes it possible (and simple) to export UNIMESH geometry and morph targets straight from Poser, and use them in all other software that require a unimesh workflow, such as DAZ Studio, Blender, and iClone.

Promo_000_300x350_UnimeshExporter.jpg

Here are some of the main features.

Promo_000_1000x1200_UnimeshExporter.jpg

In the example below, I am making a new morph on the figure in Poser using the Morph Tool, exporting to unimesh OBJ using the script, and then loading it back in DAZ Studio 4 to the same figure - and it just works! No exploding figure! This offers the UNIMESH WORKFLOW that was never possible from Poser before.

Promo_01_600x800_UnimeshExporter.jpg

You can finally export a UNIMESH morph target from Poser, sculpt it in Blender, and it won't open holes at unwelded seams, or explode the mesh when you bring it back to Poser or DAZ Studio.

Promo_02_600x800_UnimeshExporter.jpg

Comes with BONUS profiles for 25 popular figures. If a figure is not included, the tool attempts to create one on-the-fly, AUTOMATICALLY, no questions asked.

Promo_03_600x800_UnimeshExporter.jpg

Please note this tool only works with UNIMESH FIGURES - that is, figures whose original OBJ from the Geometries folder in Poser is in a single piece, and not split into body groups as separate meshes. It also requires original geometry that was well-formed and free of anomalies. If the tool attempts to create a profile, and fails, it means that either the figure is not unimesh, or the geometry has unresolved issues that were never addressed. In that case, it becomes impossible to export unimesh geometries out of it because any exports from this mesh result into a vertex count mismatch. I provide a list of 25 figures I know for a fact are supported in the manual, readme file, and at the product front page.

This is the kind of script I wish I had when I first started working with Poser 18 years ago. You can find it HERE, and watch the video demonstration below:

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

rtamesis ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 4:27 PM

In Poser 12 for Mac, it appears to be able to initialize the figure, but the button for exporting the unimesh morph target doesn't give me the option of being able to save it anywhere.

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 4:51 PM
rtamesis posted at 4:27 PM Thu, 3 November 2022 - #4448300

In Poser 12 for Mac, it appears to be able to initialize the figure, but the button for exporting the unimesh morph target doesn't give me the option of being able to save it anywhere.

HI, thanks for the feedback. It comes down that Apple forbids Windows developers to test mac code, and even though I have tried a number of ways, there seems to be an internal kill switch that prevents it. The result is that I can't test anything for macs from Windows, and I have tried for months. This is why I tag my scripts for Windows on the product page. Most of the incompatibilities come from differences in the way the file system works in different OSes, and in some cases, differences on how macOS interprets mouse clicks. When mac testing is forbidden in Windows, there isn't much I can do. At least I can say I have tried hard, and whatever Apple is doing to prevent it seems to be quite effective. I have consulted other experienced developers, and they couldn't do it either. By now I can tell in first-hand experience that I did all I could. I appreciate that you came to me first, before posting negative reviews. :)

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.