Fri, Apr 26, 8:18 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 - Feature Requests Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

(Last Updated: 2023 Sep 06 11:53 am)

Would you like to tell the Poser 12 Development team something you would like to see added to Poser 12? Or a tool that already exist be improved upon? Tell us here!

PLEASE post a NEW thread for every item. Do not post on an on-going thread/conversation or your request will be missed!

Subject: Library feature request - Favorites update and back button.

davo ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2021 at 3:46 PM · edited Fri, 23 February 2024 at 4:02 AM

I'm on the fence about upgrading to Poser 12. Poser 11 pro still runs great and I'm kinda waiting for any bugs/issues to be worked out.

One theme I'm seeing in the poser 11 and 12 forum is questions pertaining to adding entire folders to the favorites rather than having to add one item at a time.  There are some 'work-arounds' apparently and doing some slight of hand to achieve this, but I think it would just make sense to update the library to be able to handle adding an entire folder and it's subfolders to the favorites (would be nice if things were added to that folder later on, it would update in the favorites as well.

I'm not sure if it's a feature already, but a "back" button on the library would be nice too.

Cheers,

Davo

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2021 at 5:32 PM

If you examine the contents of a Favorites folder you will find that it consists of a .png icon and a shortcut to the content from its original runtime.  This arrangement makes it easier to copy or move an entire Collections folder to another Poser version without breaking any pathways.  Creating additional subfolders externally will show up without any problems as I have demonstrated on a number of occasions.  Frankly, I think if you attempt to add actual content to that folder, it will not make it any different than one huge runtime folder.  Its purpose is to make it convenient to access often-used content from any runtime you're in without searching through the entire Library.  For example, I have a weight mapped V4 and her morphs shortcuts saved in my Favorites tab, this makes it easier for me to load her into my scenes if I happen to be in my Michael 4 runtime.  But you need to remember that the Favorites tab is just that, to save your most-used content for easy access.

Yeah, I agree a back button would be very convenient and practical.

davo ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2021 at 6:06 PM

This is a good arrangement for most people.  I'm a content provider and do a lot of promotional artwork and I use several different items over and over.  I have several characters that I use multiple times.  I have external runtimes for V4. It becomes cumbersome to switch from my main runtime product folder to the external v4 folder, then over to the external hair runtime folder etc, etc.  I just thought that if the favorites was able to add an entire folder and it's subfolders, as shortcuts as you mention, not duplicating actual content, it would make my workflow faster.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.