Sun, Jun 16, 11:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Creating, saving, and applying Master Pose

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2021 at 10:25 PM · edited Fri, 14 June 2024 at 3:57 PM

for fun, i've started saving poser poses in carrara format. not going well at the moment, dunno what i'm doing.

i applied the poser pose. working with the toon dragon,
click the create master pose button.
drilled own to shape, head, found the expression parameters, ticked them.
so now i have 2 expressions sitting in the little clips tab.

i selected the dragon, double clicked the tile in the clip tab.
nothing happened.
i dragged the 2 clips to the sequencer track, it looks like 2 buttons on the track
played the track
nothing happened.

clearly this is over my skill level.

help!! Thanx. helpless in long island.

a lil better,can read it at 400 percent.JPG

i didn't want to make NLA clips, just wanted a single pose to apply on a frame. for example frame 10.

master pose.JPG

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2021 at 1:02 AM

this is crazy. why is it so difficult. should be simple as a click or double click

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2021 at 1:14 AM

found the morphs list under misc data. even see hte setting numbermisc data morphs list.JPG

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2021 at 1:08 PM

woes. those pesky poser poses that move the figure back to origin after carefully placing figure.

am i in denial? is there no simple way to apply a pose preset in carrara format?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2021 at 2:01 PM
MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2021 at 2:53 PM

its been a long time since i looked in a poser file.

cant believe there is no carrara solution

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2021 at 3:05 PM · edited Thu, 27 May 2021 at 3:06 PM

the problem is Poser support is an addon to Carrara as is DAZ duf.

Poser is the best way to edit resave Poser content though you can do some things in DAZ studio as it was created originally to use Poser Content, Carrara wasn't.

They are at least text editable not encrypted if uncompressed.

Often I need to do so in Poser for use in DAZ studio too if it has a Poser only feature like pmd.

Poser7 on my Win7 doesn't seem to need to phone home.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2021 at 5:34 PM

i'm working with old 3du ostrich.

i'd like to learn about carrara master pose.

i'm saving the figures and shaders to carrara files. would like to do the poses too.

i bought, back in the day, the fenric pose helper. no idea what they do .ostrich.jpg

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 16 June 2021 at 3:02 PM

Ohh when using the old poser hand poses, carrara is kind enough to ask left or right

started on bringing the Nursoda figures over to carrara

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.