Sun, May 19, 2:17 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 30 1:25 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Retaining Poser 11 libraries?

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2020 at 4:02 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2024 at 3:48 AM

There is a note in the beta updates that this was done ... did I read that right? I won't have to reload all my runtimes?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2020 at 4:28 PM

I haven't seen that. I still need to link my runtimes to the Poser 12 Library.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2020 at 4:41 PM

You will only need to link the old runtimes, no need to reinstall content already installed. Though you may want to check the included content as there are updated figures from Hivewire, etc.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 12:31 AM · edited Tue, 03 November 2020 at 12:32 AM

If you copy the applicable files in C:Users(your name)AppDataRoamingPoser Pro11 to C:Users(your name)AppDataRoamingPoser12 you can just move all those links right over. Runtimes are listed in LibraryPrefs.xml.

You should probably also edit it to include the new folders added for 12. Although frankly it starts getting ridiculous when each version installs its own folder containing almost all of the content from all the previous versions.

Note these are hidden folders. Click View on the ribbon and pick the option to show hidden files in order to see them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.