Tue, Apr 30, 10:16 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Poser 9 Keeps Crashing...Can't Find Bondare Updates

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2022 at 10:42 AM

Images did not upload.

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2022 at 10:30 AM
hborre posted at 10:42 AM Fri, 23 December 2022 - #4452400

Images did not upload.

Frigid cold.  Computer problems.  When I post the pictures, I can't send.  I'll be back, I hope.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 26 December 2022 at 1:56 PM

Hope you all enjoyed Christmas.  I'm almost ready to give up.   I may be back.   Sorry I've been bugging you.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 26 December 2022 at 2:19 PM

One last comment.  I was just working on a figure in the Pose room.  All was fine.  And then I accidentally  moved the arrow to the top, and the figure just disappeared.   Couldn't get it back.  I went to File, Recent Files and clicked on the recent one I was working on.  Nothing. 

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 26 December 2022 at 2:21 PM

And when this happens, I can't open any previous files.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 26 December 2022 at 4:18 PM

This almost sounds like a floating window disappearing behind another panel or all the panels closing at once leaving you with a blank UI like the one below. Although I doubt that the windows are all closed without asking to save first.

I have asked before and I will ask again, can you provide a screencap of your Pose Room?  Without this illustrated information, we cannot offer an adequate solution.  Do you know how to perform a screencap?  If the User Interface is becoming problematic, you can reset it back to Factory settings under General Preferences.

1Gmfsl9Py26Cku5RiqhK8qCIGe4HczKyhKlqJGAH.png

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 26 December 2022 at 5:11 PM

To add to what hborre said ...

Open Poser.

Choose Edit > General Preferences.

Click the Interface tab in the General Preferences dialog.

Click the Launch to Factory State button and choose OK.

Restart Poser.

This will restart Poser with the factory-set interface.

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 3:03 PM

I keep sending you pics of Materials and Pose rooms.  Don't know if they are appearing.

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 3:04 PM

I did as you told,  factory-set interface didn't change.

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 3:25 PM

When I go to Windows Document Windows size, the dimensions are ridiculous, Like a "1."  When I reset to normal numbers, a figure appears.  At least for now.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 3:39 PM · edited Tue, 27 December 2022 at 3:40 PM

Restore the Poser folder to a previous date... or restore Windows to a previous date.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 3:51 PM

romangirl posted at 3:25 PM Tue, 27 December 2022 - #4452592

When I go to Windows Document Windows size, the dimensions are ridiculous, Like a "1."  When I reset to normal numbers, a figure appears.  At least for now.

That explains it. How did your document window size get set so low?

Try Edit > General Preferences, and then click the DOCUMENT tab. For launch behavior, set "Launch to factory scene". 

As far as not being able to see the images, you must not be attaching them to your post correctly.  You should be able to just drag if rom your desktop and drop it into the reply window, and it will say "Drop image or text". Just let go of the mouse button and you will eventually see a line of text that shows the image path.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 3:52 PM
TwiztidKidd posted at 3:39 PM Tue, 27 December 2022 - #4452593

Restore the Poser folder to a previous date... or restore Windows to a previous date.

I'm not sure that will solve the issue, given that it appears to be related to her document window size.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 3:56 PM

Word of caution about restoring to a previous Windows Timepoint to reset Poser, it might affect your licensing connection and invalidate your call home.

@romangirl: how exactly are you adding screencaps to your comments?  You should be able to see a preview image in the comments when you either drag and drop or copy and paste it into your comments.  If you don't see this happen then the image will not show up in the comment field.  

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 4:01 PM
hborre posted at 3:56 PM Tue, 27 December 2022 - #4452597

Word of caution about restoring to a previous Windows Timepoint to reset Poser, it might affect your licensing connection and invalidate your call home.

Agreed. Best not mess with resetting dates. 

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 4:23 PM

Under the circumstances, the change to the Document Windows size is indicative that the Preview panel is undocked, a floating palette that can easily be affected by values in the Preview Dimensions.  The best remedy is to constrain the palette by properly docking it to the IU.  

In terms of launching Poser completely to factory settings, you need to make this selection under 2 tabs, Document and Interface, in General Preferences.  Otherwise, you may not see any changes.

@romangirl: if any of this makes sense, you should be able to navigate through Poser and reset the proper parameters to prevent this from happening in the future.  If you don't understand what you are attempting to do, please acknowledge that you don't know and allow us to guide you through the process.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2022 at 10:42 PM
Site Admin

When posting screencaps, make sure to use JPG. The forum seems to eat pngs.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2022 at 10:24 AM
hborre posted at 4:23 PM Tue, 27 December 2022 - #4452599

Under the circumstances, the change to the Document Windows size is indicative that the Preview panel is undocked, a floating palette that can easily be affected by values in the Preview Dimensions.  The best remedy is to constrain the palette by properly docking it to the IU.  

In terms of launching Poser completely to factory settings, you need to make this selection under 2 tabs, Document and Interface, in General Preferences.  Otherwise, you may not see any changes.

@romangirl: if any of this makes sense, you should be able to navigate through Poser and reset the proper parameters to prevent this from happening in the future.  If you don't understand what you are attempting to do, please acknowledge that you don't know and allow us to guide you through the process.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2022 at 10:24 AM

Thanks so much, all of you!  Happy New Year!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2022 at 7:17 AM
romangirl posted at 10:24 AM Wed, 28 December 2022 - #4452629

Thanks so much, all of you!  Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! May 2023 not suck! lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.