Mon, May 13, 10:38 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 13 5:31 pm)

Subject: HDRI/Background Images Won't Render in 11.3

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2020 at 2:10 PM · edited Tue, 23 April 2024 at 9:50 PM
Forum Moderator

I tried several times to render an HDRI image using Snarlygribbly's EZDome and the accompanying Python script, all to no avail. I deleted the EZDome and imported a background image into the scene, which also wouldn't render. I'm beginning to think there's some kind of glitch in 11.3 that's preventing these images from rendering properly. Anyone else have this issue?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2020 at 2:30 PM

I've used EZDome with Poser 11.3 and have not seen any problems so far. Firefly or Superfly? And did you hide the default ground plane? I'm assuming you did.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 09 April 2020 at 2:42 PM
Forum Moderator

hborre posted at 2:38PM Thu, 09 April 2020 - #4385817

I've used EZDome with Poser 11.3 and have not seen any problems so far. Firefly or Superfly? And did you hide the default ground plane? I'm assuming you did.

DUH!!!!! You hit the nail squarely on the head! I did not hide the ground plane when I attempted to render with the HDRI and background images. I hid it this time and BAM! It (background image) rendered just fine. Thank you for providing me with the solution. Now I'm a happy camper 😀

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2020 at 8:44 AM

We all need overlook this once in a while ... It's the whole forest and trees thing, glad you worked it out.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2020 at 8:45 AM

We all overlook this once in a while ... It's the whole forest and trees thing, glad you worked it out.

Boni

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2020 at 10:47 AM
Forum Moderator

Boni posted at 10:46AM Sun, 12 April 2020 - #4386023

We all overlook this once in a while ... It's the whole forest and trees thing, glad you worked it out. You're welcome, Boni! 😀 I swear this whole pandemic thing has addled my brain to the point it doesn't function when it should :😆

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2020 at 4:10 PM

On a semi-serious note. This is affecting us all. We need to not only be kind to others for their fumbles and foibles ... but ourselves as well.

Boni

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2020 at 2:33 PM
Forum Moderator

Boni posted at 2:33PM Tue, 14 April 2020 - #4386184

On a semi-serious note. This is affecting us all. We need to not only be kind to others for their fumbles and foibles ... but ourselves as well.

Boni, I couldn't agree more. We are all in this together, like it or not, and we have to help one another through it.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2020 at 3:12 PM

On the subject of HDR images for EZDome, I suggest heading to the sIBL Archive website and d/l some files of different environmental images for lighting. You have a wide selection of outdoor and indoor panoramas with multiple files suitable for Snarly's dome. If you are inclined to create your own, the sIBLEdit program is excellent to generate a similar type of file from just a single HDRI.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.