Thu, Jun 13, 10:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 13 12:32 am)

Subject: Can the 'new' Vue still do Poser imports?

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2019 at 12:40 PM · edited Wed, 12 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

I've not yet heard if the 'new' subscription Vue can still import Poser scene files, as the old one could. And if so, can it handle saved scene files from the new Poser 11.2?

I can report that Poser 11.2 scenes import just fine into my Vue Xtream 2016, and that they render fine.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2019 at 1:00 PM

It will import .pz3 files from 11.2 - I've done it but not actually rendered them out yet, the scene didn't work out

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

HartyBart ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 3:26 AM

That's good to know, thanks.

Meshbox ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 2:13 PM

I don't think they kept up with the version of the Poser SDK while Poser was still in the hands of Smith Micro.

Poser scenes worked in Vue because of an SDK which allowed hosting of the scenes. There was no guarantee that they would work between updates of Poser, but so long as some things didn't change, it should have worked. That said, I would imagine they are so out of sync that it won't work. Shade 3D also had this capability.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 9:30 AM

Just to be clear here - it is no problem to import Poser 11.2 pz3 files into the new Vue. And never was a problem.

Send a ticket to e-on technical support in case you have problems, we will then investigate what is going on.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

HartyBart ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 8:42 PM

@Meshbox. "There was no guarantee that they would work"

I did an in-depth magazine Vue 2016 review, and looked specifically at Poser integration. I didn't notice anything out of "sync" in my tests, and haven't since then. They work together fine as Vue 2016 xStream R4 + Poser 11.2.

@ wabe "it is no problem to import Poser 11.2 pz3 files into the new Vue"

Thanks for the re-assurance. As for support, I did not start this thread because I am experiencing problems. Possibly you were confused by Meshbox's mis-direction of the thread. I just need to stay abreast of the range of possibilities in 3D. But, since I'm not making a move from Vue 2016 R4, I thus need to ask others who have the 'new' subscription Vue.

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2019 at 1:23 AM

Thanks for the clarification. Btw, do you know that there are updates available for your Vue 2016 R4? The actual and last status is R6(.2). You can go to your account at e-on, download the latest installer for that and simply install over the existing installation to use this as an updater.

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2019 at 10:44 AM

Wow. Go offline for a couple of years and everything changes on you.....

Hey Wabe! How are the 'legacy' Vue versions going to be treated? My CG system was utterly horked by a Win 10 update, then I had a mild heart attack (unrelated, thankfully) and the usual tight budgets for awhile. I've got the system rebuilt and have most of my stuff working at least, but my last Vue was the 2015 Infinite. Obviously the built in activator is searching for an E-on server that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Are the older versions just out of luck, or what?

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2019 at 11:42 AM

Nope, the older versions are not "out of luck" but you need to activate them manually by sending an email to tech support at e-on with the new installation clde that is generated during a new installation.

Good to see you alive btw - and coming back on track.

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2019 at 2:00 PM

Thank you. Not quite in a position to take the dive on the new one, although it does have some lovely options.

Dale B ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 6:43 AM

Got the activation key and things are five by. Thanks Wabe!

Now to dig the Space Navigator and the tablet out of box of 'I still use this'.....

moogal ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2024 at 8:24 PM

Anyone know if Vue 2023 is still compatible with Poser 11? Vue is free now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.