Mon, May 20, 5:20 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 9:23 pm)

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 7:35 AM

mirana posted at 1:35PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344689

Does anybody know if she will work with lower Poser versions also? I have PoserPro2014

According to BH, nope. Designed for Poser 11. I guess you could try. It's not like anything will explode. Probably.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 7:35 AM

Does anybody know if she will work with lower Poser versions also? I have PoserPro2014

According to BH, nope. Designed for Poser 11. I guess you could try. It's not like anything will explode. Probably.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 7:47 AM

SamTherapy posted at 8:45AM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344712

LOL, probably. But she does not work in PP2014. I tried her this morning and a good bit of her rigging goes wonky when posed, and none of her materials load at all since they are all set up for P11.

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:28 AM

Here I tweaked her eyes a bit. Les reflection. She is really very pretty. Stil a bit grainy the render,but overall she is very nice to work with it. LaFemme Lucrezia smart copy.jpg r

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:31 AM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:34 AM

Just a quick list of the what I find to be the best and worse things as I see them. But in general I think its a very cool and good quality character, big thumbs up for that. Hopefully those that created her will do some updates for her if needed. Which is why I wanted to give my feedback and so others that might want to know a bit more about her can get some more information.

Good

• Very light mesh only around 26k poly, which makes it a joy to work with so if you need a lot of characters in you scene or doesn't have the best computer in the world its a very good choice I think..

• Good control of the varies body parts and features. Such as inner, mid and outer eye brows. You can control the ears as well, so in general a lots of facial control which you would expect in a character today. She seems to bend very well, and for those that are used to V4, La femme have an extra waist bone, which allow for smoother bending of the torso, which is nice.

• Material setting for both Firefly and Superfly, using a lot of procedural nodes. whether this is considered good or bad, probably comes down to an individual taste. Obviously you can get a lot of details into the skin that way, but if you are not strong in the material room, it might not be easy to control individual settings. Also it can appear sort of like noise in the skin, which might require higher render settings.

• Good feet and toe control, very cool.

Bad

• My biggest concern with her, is her hands and especially the fingers. Which to me seems sort of "witch like" or very skinny.

Hand_1_a.jpg

Hand_2_a.jpg

Hand_3_a.jpg

I hope they are still planning on updating her and would definitely suggest that the fingers are smoothed out a bit and made less skinny to give them a more natural look as seen in the last image.

In regard to the hand, which is not really a bad thing as its like that in all models as far as I know. But the ability to curl the hand, simply to add more flexibility, especially when posing hands interacting with objects.

• Even though the character have a very light mesh and that is good, which rely on subdivision during rendering to get the smooth look, I would have liked if the character had shipped with a higher polygon mesh as well. Maybe with twice or three times the amount of polygons. Simply to make it possible to better customize the character using Zbrush or some other tool. Working with such a low mesh can cause issues if to huge changes to the mesh is made or details are added. Making you rely on normal maps, which can only go so far. So hopefully they will add that option.

• There seem to be some dial issues with certain sensitivity dials not being the same. So these need to be corrected, either by saving the character again with the changes or fixed in notepad++ or simply ignored.

But all in all a very good character which is well needed for Poser :) And again really hope they fix the fingers and add a high dense mesh as well, as it would make her a lot better.

So congrats to those that made her, really well done. :D

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:38 AM

Cutaway render of the mesh corneas:

eye_cornea.jpg

The optics morph affects the shape: Default is parallel, dialed into positives it increases thickness and makes it a convex lens, dialed into negatives it makes it concave. It's more or less parallel but if you want to play with the optics - which dramatically affects the refraction - then go for it. My first prototype cornea was a slight lens shape and when I rendered it the effect was way too pronounced so I made these adjustable.

According to https://pixelandpoly.com/ior.html the index of refraction should be around 1.38

ior.PNG

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:50 AM

3D-Mobster posted at 10:39AM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344735

But all in all a very good character which is well needed for Poser :) And again really hope they fix the fingers and add a high dense mesh as well, as it would make her a lot better.

So congrats to those that made her, really well done. :D

Thanks!

A higher density mesh would defeat the whole purpose, and would pretty much nuke all existing content. That is precisely why there are levels of subdivision in poser, an HD morph capability, normal maps, etc. There's absolutely no reason to have a higher resolution base mesh when it's literally one click away. I ordered a mic so I don't have to use my laptop's tinny built-in mic, when it gets here I'll do a tut on making HD morphs.

There are several morphs included that can adjust the hand shape. The hands can be curled a lot more than existing figures because of the metacarpals. Once you start using the metacarpals you'll wonder why figures haven't had them until now.
Subdivision slightly reduces the diameter of the fingers, but I think that people have been looking at V4's horrifically sausageous fingers for too long. Looking at V4's hand is like looking at a bunch of bananas:

bananas.jpg

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 11:24 AM

LMAO....sausageous ?

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 11:26 AM

Ladonna posted at 12:25PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344734

Here I tweaked her eyes a bit. Les reflection. She is really very pretty. Stil a bit grainy the render,but overall she is very nice to work with it. LaFemme Lucrezia smart copy.jpg r

Lookin great Ladonna! I like it! :)

BlackTalonArts ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 11:26 AM

I had asked in another thread about the skin texture you’re using Blackhearted, is it something you will be releasing or is it based on the default La Femme’s texture from Rhiannon?

I’m definitely in hopes more vendors come out to support her as she’s the best looking stand alone figure for poser I’ve seen to date especially with BH’s HD morphs. Well done, I hope she finds success.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 11:54 AM

I'm having an odd issue with dynamic clothing. I can't seem to get the control handles to unselect in the collision settings. Every time I uncheck the handles, and hit "ok" they automatically select themselves again even if the body part that has the handles has been unchecked. So the clothing is getting caught up on the handles and I can't figure out how to make the simulation ignore the handles.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 12:17 PM

BlackTalonArts posted at 12:06PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344746

I had asked in another thread about the skin texture you’re using Blackhearted, is it something you will be releasing or is it based on the default La Femme’s texture from Rhiannon?

I’m definitely in hopes more vendors come out to support her as she’s the best looking stand alone figure for poser I’ve seen to date especially with BH’s HD morphs. Well done, I hope she finds success.

Thanks. And yes - I'll be releasing a texture/character set but I'm taking my time with it to make sure I get it right.

As for the HD Morphs - I never actually considered this until a few people asked me in PMs about it: there's no 'preset' character included because I figured that this time around I'd give everyone the flexibility to create something to their own tastes. So if you don't like the muscular quadriceps, for example, then simply don't load them or turn the dial down to a lower strength. So for anyone wondering, virtually all of my renders are all of the HD Morphs set to 1.0, and usually the MegaLashes and BreastsFlat morphs as well. Ladies with small boobs need representation too ?

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 12:31 PM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 12:42 PM

JohnDoe641 posted at 1:29PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344748

I'm having an odd issue with dynamic clothing. I can't seem to get the control handles to unselect in the collision settings. Every time I uncheck the handles, and hit "ok" they automatically select themselves again even if the body part that has the handles has been unchecked. So the clothing is getting caught up on the handles and I can't figure out how to make the simulation ignore the handles.

EDIT ... I see what you are saying. You are talking about the control chips that appear in the Collision Objects dialog.

I don't think you have to be concerned about deselecting them. For example, I've set collision to ALL of Lafemme (including the chips) and the cloth room didn't have any issues with control chips being selected. They are pretty much flush to the body.

BUT ... can you give me a screen shot so I can see the body handles? Are you saying having them on is affecting the clothing somehow, because I haven't encountered that yet.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 12:40 PM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 12:43 PM

I was referring to the control point on LaFemme but I figured out what I was doing wrong! Carry on and ignore me. :P

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 12:43 PM

JohnDoe641 posted at 1:42PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344753

NM, I figure out what I was doing wrong! Carry on and ignore me. :P

LOL I was editing my post because I realized what you were talking about. DUH

That's OK, we know a lot of this is new to people We understand, and are trying to help as best we can!

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 12:54 PM

Thanks to Blackhearted and Glitterati3D for guidance on rendering with Superfly. I already had a failure! Reproduced Glitterati3D's lights/settings exactly, and it looks awful. I am doing something wrong. I don't want to hijack this thread, so if I continue my attempt to figure out SF, I'll start a new topic here.

:: og ::

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 1:14 PM

operaguy posted at 2:13PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344757

Thanks to Blackhearted and Glitterati3D for guidance on rendering with Superfly. I already had a failure! Reproduced Glitterati3D's lights/settings exactly, and it looks awful. I am doing something wrong. I don't want to hijack this thread, so if I continue my attempt to figure out SF, I'll start a new topic here.

Please do so we can try to figure out what's happening for you.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 1:21 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 2:20PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344709

Operaguy, here's mine using Ghostship's Superfly lights available free at ShareCG: https://sharecg.com/v/86639/gallery/11/Poser/Studio-Portrait-Lights-for-Poser-11-Poser-11-Pro

I use his SuperFly lights as well. Which one of Ghostship's lights in that set did you use for that render, as the lighting is nice.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 1:40 PM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 1:42 PM

operaguy posted at 1:27PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344757

I made a Basic area light setup similar to how I usually render all my images. There's also a 4-sided backdrop in there. The floor is slightly reflective, you can easily change it to just a flat color/grey, or apply a clouds shader to it to give it the look of a traditional backdrop:

Superfly Area Light Setup

I move the lights around depending on the camera angle and pose doing lots of fast preview renders until I get a nice flattering lighting setup, then I render the large final render, after which I'll go over and Area Render any problem areas or eyes, etc.

Really there's no mystery, all you need to get great renders out of Superfly is practice and patience. I don't just click a light setup and hit render, I'll tweak the lights and move them around sometimes rendering upwards of 50 preview renders until the light falls exactly the way I want it to. And I'm not even a very technical guy, just stubborn and persistent and I'll poke and prod at things until the results are the way I want them to be. Incidentally every single thing I used in my promos I made available in my store, from the exact lights to the exact poses. The presets in Superfly Studio are my gallery render lights saved as a preset. The props and things I plan on putting in freestuff.

The cool thing about Superfly and area lights is that you can apply most traditional photography principles to it, and vice versa - if you don't typically pay attention to lighting during RL photography you certainly will after spending time setting up lighting in Superfly. If you just google for any softbox tutorial you can apply that exact same knowledge to a Superfly render setup and get predictable results.

BlackTalonArts ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 1:48 PM

Blackhearted posted at 1:40PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344750

BlackTalonArts posted at 12:06PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344746

Thanks. And yes - I'll be releasing a texture/character set but I'm taking my time with it to make sure I get it right.

As for the HD Morphs - I never actually considered this until a few people asked me in PMs about it: there's no 'preset' character included because I figured that this time around I'd give everyone the flexibility to create something to their own tastes. So if you don't like the muscular quadriceps, for example, then simply don't load them or turn the dial down to a lower strength. So for anyone wondering, virtually all of my renders are all of the HD Morphs set to 1.0, and usually the MegaLashes and BreastsFlat morphs as well. Ladies with small boobs need representation too ?

Thanks Gabe! Much appreciated for the information. The skin is looking pretty amazing as it is, so I really look forward to your new character and skin. :D As for the HD morphs I’ve always preferred the more flat chested and muscular...you and I have discussed this before but quite a few years ago. Heh. You even helped me out with a digital painting I did when it came to the ribs. So much respect for your anatomical knowledge and photographic abilities. I’ll most definitely keep my eyes peeled out.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 2:08 PM

Miss B posted at 3:07PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344763

Glitterati3D posted at 2:20PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344709

Operaguy, here's mine using Ghostship's Superfly lights available free at ShareCG: https://sharecg.com/v/86639/gallery/11/Poser/Studio-Portrait-Lights-for-Poser-11-Poser-11-Pro

I use his SuperFly lights as well. Which one of Ghostship's lights in that set did you use for that render, as the lighting is nice.

Superfly Studio4 for that render.

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 2:30 PM

RE: cornea prop.

Hi Blackhearted.

First, my concave/convex seems opposite of what you said. When I dial optics to the negative, the mesh pushes out to form convex. When I dial it negative, it recedes. Second, I am not getting any variant on firefly render:

Left cornea, optics +50

minus50.png

Left cornea, optics -50

plus50.png

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 2:37 PM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 2:45 PM

I'm not even sure Firefly supports proper refraction ? TBH after using Superfly exclusively for the last half year or so, there is no way I'd ever go back to Firefly.

-50 or +50 is way too much - are you looking at the wireframe from the side to see what's going on when you turn the dial?

Optics moves the INNER surface, since moving the outer surface of the lens will intersect the outer surface of the eye.

-1.4 is pretty much the limit, since at that point it's so convex that the inner surface is nearly touching the outer.

+2 makes a huge convex lens

-50 has the inner convex lens surface protruding 2" out from her head O_o

I'm not a fan of setting limits on dials (especially on experimental stuff like this) because I figure that someone out there may want to use something in a way I didn't foresee.

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 2:47 PM

Yes, i saw that giant protrusion, but rendered it anyway to be able to detect results. You'd think something extreme would show up, but no. Firefly certainly has nodes for refraction, but are they "proper," I don't know.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 3:07 PM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 3:08 PM

I remember spending an entire day trying to set up a transparent plastic item in Firefly eons ago and I could never get it to look even remotely right. It took me about 5 minutes to get glass looking right in Superfly by just hooking up the GlassBDSF shader and setting the IOR to the real-world equivalent.

Give me a few min and I'll render out a comparison for you.

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 3:27 PM

Blackhearted, With respect to the intent of this thread to celebrate your new character, let's take this outside. I'll start a new thread about FireFly vs Superfly shortly. Thank you.

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 3:45 PM

Since the head has no morph dials for customizing features, I've been using the chips to dial a custom character. This is all well and good – except that the expressions also use chips, so when I apply one, it erases the character I made. What should I be doing here? ImageStrip20190130144455.jpg

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 3:52 PM

Hi Duane!

There are head and body morphs included as injectors. Look in the Pose library, and you will find them under the RPublishing > LaFemme folder > Body Morphs (which will inject some base body morphs), and RPublishing > LaFemme > Face Morphs. Use the INJ All Face Morphs injection to load over 140 face morphs, or the individual injectors in the Regions folder to inject only the morphs that affect specific regions in the head.

The face chips are usually intended for expressions and facial animation. But the morphs are there for character variation.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 4:00 PM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 4:04 PM

Eye-1-33.jpg

Note that the pupil size is NOT changing. The shape of the cornea and resulting distortion from refraction is making it seem larger/smaller. The number underneath them is the setting of my 'Optics' dial. The default, 0 is totally parallel. I have no clue which is 'correct' and don't really have the time to test it at different angles/scenarios.

Here's an animated .gif hosted offsite since for some reason .gifs posted on Rosity don't animate... Cornea Shape

In an ideal world the cornea should be bulging outwards from the eye, but in 3D this is a problem since then the eye is nonspherical and clips through the eyelid in any eye pose other than 'wide-eyed looking directly at the camera'. I don't see eyelid:cornea collision detection becoming a thing anytime soon so this is the best compromise I think.

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 4:19 PM

Blackhearted posted at 5:15PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344750

I just loaded the HD morphs, and it's a vast array of dials. A pre-set file to value 1 for all the morphs in your "character" images would sure be nice. I'll also point out that an FBM would be nice, too, but I guess you can't provide one as a freebie. I can make one because I have Pro, but poor folks without have a lot of dial spinning to do. I'll need the FBM to copy to clothing I convert, for example.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 4:35 PM

RobZhena posted at 4:25PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344791

Blackhearted posted at 5:15PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344750

I just loaded the HD morphs, and it's a vast array of dials. A pre-set file to value 1 for all the morphs in your "character" images would sure be nice. I'll also point out that an FBM would be nice, too, but I guess you can't provide one as a freebie. I can make one because I have Pro, but poor folks without have a lot of dial spinning to do. I'll need the FBM to copy to clothing I convert, for example.

Interesting - I had no idea non-Pro users couldn't make FBMs. In that case it's something I'll consider for an update.

The reason I didn't just make an "All HD Morphs ON" FBM was a conscious decision. While it may be great for a 'let me load this figure in in 1 click', the problem is that many users would just use that dial and nothing else. Some of those morph dials are context-sensitive, like for example the 'KneesExtended' (hint is in the name) morph that adds a ton of detail to the knee but is really not designed for bent-knee poses. Besides, this way there may be more variety in character renders, the SD morphs are there to combine too!!

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 5:09 PM

I'm a dum-dum, where's the dial/morph/pose that reshapes the skull to take V4 hair?

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 5:12 PM

Don't give in, Blackhearted. Don't make the one-click GirlWayWayNextDoor dial!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 5:32 PM

duanemoody posted at 5:30PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344794

I'm a dum-dum, where's the dial/morph/pose that reshapes the skull to take V4 hair?

In my HD Morphs pack, SkullV4Fit, in the 'head' group.

I originally wanted it in the base but SM said no.

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 6:16 PM

If this is true, then SM is even dumber than I always feared: Instead of making it easier for former V4 users to migrate to "La Femme", they forbid any one-click solutions. So the potential buyer has to resort to crutches like spinning scales, translation etc. dials.

Stupid is as stupid does. I wonder whether this is a mandatory requirement for SM staff...

K

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 6:19 PM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 6:20 PM

Blackhearted posted at 5:16PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344798

I'm assuming SM's planning on bundling LF with Poser, and if that's the case they're avoiding DAZ's infamous "do not copy or shrinkwrap to our mesh" section of the EULA. By putting it in your HD Morphs pack sold here the liability gets put on your shoulders not theirs. But that's a guess and I'm usually wrong about that stuff.

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 6:28 PM

This is a test render using Powerage's Powertown sunlight lighting setup which predates Superfly. I should use something more modern. cassie.jpg

The change in skin tone was done by adding C8937B to the alternate specular on all 4 skin materials, and the eyes had some other color I didn't memorize added to the alternate specular. I do notice how glassy the eye surface is and wonder if that's the lighting designed for Firefly at work here.

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 6:49 PM

duanemoody posted at 6:45PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344804

Blackhearted posted at 5:16PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344798

I'm assuming SM's planning on bundling LF with Poser, and if that's the case they're avoiding DAZ's infamous "do not copy or shrinkwrap to our mesh" section of the EULA. By putting it in your HD Morphs pack sold here the liability gets put on your shoulders not theirs. But that's a guess and I'm usually wrong about that stuff.

I see you Americans are already well-dressed to your almighty "CopyWrong" industry and it's lawiers's business models.

In the free world I could make a morph for V4's head, call it even "Farenghi head shape", and I would get away with it (except for the little typo because "Ferenghi" might also be a protected trade mark - dunno)

But then - why shouldn't I create a morph called "V4 Head Shape"? I mean: I'm doing nothing else than shifting vertices on a 3D figure which has nothing to do at all with V4. If they end up in the same place as the "holy" V4 mesh, I'ld insist on "artistic license". Now let them sue me!

Folks! Relax! DAZ isn't the almighty international trust - it's just another tiny company in Utah, USA. And the estimates about it's "almightyness" are, IMHO, strongly overestimated.

So keep calm and carry on. 😄

K

Blackhearted ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 9:17 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 2:47 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

KarinaKiev posted at 7:19PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344803

If this is true, then SM is even dumber than I always feared: Instead of making it easier for former V4 users to migrate to "La Femme", they forbid any one-click solutions. So the potential buyer has to resort to crutches like spinning scales, translation etc. dials.

Stupid is as stupid does. I wonder whether this is a mandatory requirement for SM staff...

K

I totally understand SM's reasoning.

But we're talking about approximating about 3% of a figure's shape via a morph for a completely different mesh topology for the purposes of fitting third-party add-ons, for which there are already a dozen automated solutions available. With that reasoning anyone using the cloth room to drape something on V4 is infringing ?

If they have a problem with it they can contact me, and while we're on the topic we can discuss the V4 Elite 'Utopian' morph and how it turned out so uncannily similar to GND4, a couple weeks after I declined to sell GND4 at Daz.

gnd4-utopian.jpg

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:21 PM

Nice that there's so much stuff for her right out of the gate. But she's lacking in brass bikinis of the sort to wear with swords in temples. ;-)

Quick 'n dirty render using V4 poses, clothes, and props. (Could definitely have spent more time on adjusting them to her.)

sword.jpg

I quite like her. Her default face reminds me of Nicole de Boer (Ezri Dax from Deep Space Nine).

Will definitely be buying more stuff for her. Especially morphs.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:39 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 11:36PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344771

Miss B posted at 3:07PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344763

Superfly Studio4 for that render.

Ahhh OK, Thanks. I "usually" use the Studio + Hair lights, but I'm going to try the Studio 4 and see how I like it.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:55 PM

"V4 Elite 'Utopian' morph and how it turned out so uncannily similar to GND4..."

This is definitely a prima facie case of reverse engineering. Ha Ha Ha.

::::: Opera :::::

llynara ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 12:53 AM

Quick, grainy test render in Superfly (still learning Poser.) I like La Femme a lot. Here she is with just her defaults, some GhostShip lights (Studio 1), the V4 Dryad outfit, the RDNA flower swing and one of Ensary's V4 poses. Only minor adjustments needed to everything. Could tweak a bit more. Biscuits hairs fit very well on her.

La Femme's skin looks great and I'm thrilled that she seems to take V4 stuff so well as I have a ton of it. I'll experiment some more tomorrow. Freezing here near Chicago! La Femme Test 3.JPG

Varnayrah ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 1:06 AM

This looks great! Perhaps someone can help me out? I'm playing with her right now and like her so far, but the material options puzzle me a bit, what would I choose in a normal SF render? I'm going with the SSS with refracted eyes so far... has anyone done a comparison of the different materials yet? Else I'll make one myself^^

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 1:41 AM

Varnayrah posted at 8:37AM Thu, 31 January 2019 - #4344825

This looks great! Perhaps someone can help me out? I'm playing with her right now and like her so far, but the material options puzzle me a bit, what would I choose in a normal SF render? I'm going with the SSS with refracted eyes so far... has anyone done a comparison of the different materials yet? Else I'll make one myself^^

For her eyes I used Ghostship eyeshader for V4. Looks the most realistic IMHO. Other that that ,i just experiment with her in Substance Painter and Tempestas textures.Will see how it comes out.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

lyuda ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 1:43 AM

Anithing looks perfect: smooth joints, good sets of morphs, materials. Only one question: declaring LeFamme as Poser basic figure do authors intend to ceate .head file for Poser faceroom? This is optional, of course, I just very custom with faceroom rigging. le_fame_test.jpg

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 4:02 AM

Have just posted an image of Carrie morph for Lafemme. Will continue experimenting with clothing fits etc!

mirana ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 4:53 AM

Glitterati3D posted at 11:53AM Thu, 31 January 2019 - #4344714

SamTherapy posted at 8:45AM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344712

LOL, probably. But she does not work in PP2014. I tried her this morning and a good bit of her rigging goes wonky when posed, and none of her materials load at all since they are all set up for P11.

thx a lot!

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 5:08 AM

A real beauty. Could not resist for another portrait. FilmNoir-Edit smart copy.jpg

― Marcus Aurelius,

FreeBass ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 5:57 AM · edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 2:49 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Lookit everone goin' "Ooooohhhh!" & "Aaaaahhhh!" & "Shiny!"... Yeah, she shiny. But I'm not about to let Duane have all the fun of pickin' nits.

First off, I wasn't plannin' to buy this. I've sunk enough into "The Next Best Thing" enough times to be leery of new figures.But then I saw a few renders & figgered she looks nice, & bends nice, & then I saw that she was free. Well then! Mebbe I'll check her out. Then I get to the checkout & find out she's not free after all (@ which point I may have thrown a bit of a shit fit in chat). But then I came into some disposable income & figgered WTF? So I picked up the HD morfs to enable her freeness. Made her a shiny new Runtime to hold all the stuff I don't have fer her, fired up the Poser, loaded her up, &...

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!! Lookit that thigh gap! I could drive a truck through there! Yeah, I realize that her default pose will be a asset in the Fitting Room for pants, but still... I see them legs & all I can think is "bad hockey goalie". So I proceed to fix her default pose, & it literally took me minutes (yes, MINUTES!) to repose her legs & reset some limits & save out a base cr2 to where I deemed her functional for my use. But that's just first impressions, not why I'm here.

So I'm goin' through all the morfs seein' how they look, & when I find HDHighHeels I thinks to myself "Hey Self" ('cuz that's what I calls meself), "this could be really handy!". I zooms in on her feet to have a gander, spin the dial &... it destroyed her feet. Dafuq??? Then I noticed there are no limits set & I spun down to like -10 or sumpin', so I typed in 0 &... nothin'. Dafuq II, The Sequil. I type in 1 &... Oh! What was that? I zooms in fer a closer look, & yeah, it did sumpin'; it slightly pointed her toes inwards. OK, well... that could mebbe be used somewhere, somewhen, but the impression I got from the morf inj thumbnail & the foot pose that loaded w/ the inj was that the morf would apply the entire pose, not just squeeze the toes in. Furthermore, to get back to a flat footed pose I had to either reset the 3 foot actors on each foot or restore the figure. The 1st is a PITA, & you can be damned sure I'm not gonna restore the figure to fit a customly morfed character into a pair of sneakers. Nor is there a Remove pose/ inj. IMO this is either poor implementation or just simply borked.

Then there's the IK on by default ting. That's soooo Poser 5 era.

Overall though... she'll do.

On a side note, I saw a bit of discussion as to whether she works in Pro '14, to which Sam responded "It's not like anything will explode. Probably."

She exploded. (see image)

This is thigh Side-Side 60, but some poses I tried stretched the distortion right up to her ears. Only happens on the Thighs Side-Side (that I've found so far) & only in the "outward" direction (Left positive/ Right negative values)

A 'nother comment mentioned that the materials didn't work, but the SimplePBR mats worked fer me.

Borked.jpg

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.