Thu, May 16, 3:07 AM CDT

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff, ashleyb, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 14 11:45 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: EULA vs. Read Me

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2018 at 12:09 AM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 2:44 PM

Apologies up front for this probably being posted in the wrong place, but wasn't sure where to post it.

If a vendor inserts a a requirement/phrase/statement that either directly contradicts or adds to Renderosity's EULA, is this statement binding as the EULA is, or is it, from a legal perspective, considered a consideration on behalf of the artist. For example, if a vendor states within the Read Me, "Artist must provide accreditation for any commercially rendered images using this product..." or something to that nature (which I have seen in Read Me's), is that binding legally? Just looking for some clarification.

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2018 at 2:12 AM
Site Admin

EULA always comes first! You are not obliged to give credits to any of your renders for an item you have purchased.

However.. if it is a commercial resource that you will use for creating another product of your own, then yes, you do need to give credit to the original artist.

For example, a skin resource let's say by 3Dream.. you do need to keep his logo on the texture maps you will use as base, even if you heavily modify them. If the vendor prohibits the use of it for freebies, then also yes, you need to abide by his wishes otherwise you're violating his copyright!

I hope things are a bit more clear now! :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.