Fri, May 17, 7:01 AM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:53 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: anyone interested in exactly why G3 and G8 crash carrara?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2018 at 8:54 AM

diomede posted at 9:37AM Tue, 29 May 2018 - #4330754

Can you use Carrara's vertex modeler or Studio's geometry editor to show us the wireframe of which polygons are the problem? Or how to identify them? I wonder if it could be fixed with an FBM or weightmapping.

if you dial up the V8 morph a bit in the beta, looks like everything is moving except those polys.

the original problem isn't with the V8 morphs, or jcms, mcms.

there's trickery in the toe regions.

my theory atmo they forgot to include those 30 polys in the region trickery.

the games afoot dear watson

testing - i've re-done the V8 morph, exported geometry, re imported as new morph. the same thing happens with toes.

but when i convert G8F as a prop.

then import the V8 body morph to the prop, the morph works fine!

and the root regions are in the geometry section of the dsf. :doh:

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 4:35 PM · edited Fri, 22 January 2021 at 4:35 PM

I replaced all the the Corver with Corner and fixed the Carpel mismatches on a blended weight save of G8.1 basic female

the good thing is it now doesn't crash Carrara

the bad thing is you get nothing but a bounding box and a DSF error ?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 23 January 2021 at 2:34 PM · edited Sat, 23 January 2021 at 2:39 PM

another issue needing correcting is the tongue parts.

In the duf, the tongue nodes is tongue01, tongue02, tongue03, tongue04 in the dsf file, the tongue nodes id is tongueBase, tongue01, tongue02, tongue03

poor carrara old girl cant properly parent the nodes with muck like that

this carried over to the 8.1

found that the toe bug is verts missing from the root region array. also carried over to 8.1

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

tsarist ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2021 at 10:43 PM

Enlighten me.

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2021 at 7:29 AM

Now you woke the zombie thread. She already enlightened us. It's a typo issue with the toes of the female G3 and G8 models. It could have been fixed at the source, but it seems no one at "rhymes with Razz" wanted to fix it.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 3:32 PM

Oh no Zad would never rush to the next version with out fixing the last. Is there really any point to new figures other then selling new clothes? Everyone rushes to the latest flavor of the month when it is still just ice cream.

Torquinox ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 8:52 PM

I did not notice that the last several posts brought the thread up to date. Oops!

Tech is a treadmill, and 3D is tech-based. There will always be new, more demanding, more resource-intensive stuff. I think a lot of the new-figure effort is intended to produce more realistic posing and render results. Yet, those goals remain elusive.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 8:39 PM

Sorry to say but that is more render engine then model. I can get good renders out of carrara with V4. I only have 1 reason to want to use G3.8 in carrara, that is what all the free clothes are made for now lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.