Sat, Jun 15, 7:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 14 3:49 pm)

Subject: Sketchfab 3d online viewer

Allstereo ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2016 at 2:18 PM ยท edited Fri, 07 June 2024 at 6:07 PM

Hello all, I would like to know if someone have ever used the online Sketchfab viewer to display 3d models from Poser or Daz. Suggestion, comments are welcome. Take a look at this site, here is the link:

Sketchfabe

Allstereo

Allstereo ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2016 at 6:13 PM

Hello all, Here is my first trial (test) with Sketchfabe. I used the free Antonia character, so copyright issue is not relevant. Probably not the case for other figures (Genesis, Victoria, Dawn, etc)

https://sketchfab.com/models/6b2c544c9fd147f49735287a864fdd60

Sketchfabe trial

Allstereo

mrsparky ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2016 at 7:01 PM

Vanishing Point has been doing this for several year - now has 140 models there.

https://sketchfab.com/JohnHoagland

Allstereo - thats not an issue. The sketchfab plugin doesn't store the mesh and textures in the same way as poser files do, so it's not possible to extract anything. It was the same with eariler mesh display plugins, such as the java based Wirefusion (made by Demicron). But the reason for that isn't so much copyright it's file size.

Imagine if someone tried to load something like V3, which was around 8-10mb just for the mesh, let alone any textures. Even if their browser could handle that without crashing, it would take so long it would be bedtime before it was visible :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Allstereo ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2016 at 8:20 PM

Hello Mrsparky,

I just read the tutorial of JCH about Sketchfab uploading. I was not able to upload a Collada model, something is wrong in my files So I tried with a object file and it works. However, the result was not good and I have to edit the model on line with the Sketchfab tools.

Allstereo

mrsparky ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2016 at 8:29 PM

You should try talking to VP/John Hoagland about this, he's got pretty good at doing this stuff. Indeed he's done some of mine before as I don't have time to figure it out.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.