Thu, May 16, 11:55 AM CDT

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff, ashleyb, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 14 11:45 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Extended License Question

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2015 at 6:51 AM · edited Fri, 19 April 2024 at 9:47 AM

I purchased some products years ago that had the standard EULA which covered both personal and commercial use. I am now using those products in a commercial project (art in a hard-cover book). Long after my original purchase (in the last year, let's say) the artist has re-released the product with extended license. I'm assuming that the original commercial license under which I bought the product applies and that I don't need to re-purchase the extended licensed product at this time. Is that correct? (BTW, I will be giving the artist full credit for the meshes in the acknowledgements of the book).

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2015 at 12:04 PM

Hi.

To be sure you get the correct answer on this please send an email to license@renderosity.com so that the person in charge of those extended licenses can answer all of your questions. I want to be sure you are helped correctly. 😄

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2015 at 12:09 PM

Thanks! Will do

ziyhad ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2015 at 8:35 PM

I believe this is a very good question. How about on the product page where the words extended license appear make that a hyper link so that people can actually read what the license entails. In fact, there should be a link for the standard license page as well. It would certainly help avoid problems and disappointments later. I would certainly like to see that. Otherwise each and every person purchasing here will need to contact vendors about the license if they are concerned and they should be.

JeniferC ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2015 at 1:55 AM

The Standard License still allows for commercial use. The Extended License is for video games where the mesh has to be included in the real-time render engine (which is like a form of re-distribution that is not allowed in the Standard License). Basically, the Standard license didn’t really change, the new version was mainly to clarify some confusing areas. Using the products for book covers (2d rendered images) are still allowed in the updated Standard license.

The links below are to our Standard and Extended Licenses that can be found anytime for review under the "About Us" link in the footer menu of our website. We are also glad to answer any license questions by email at license@renderosity.com.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/wiki/?policies&license https://www.renderosity.com/mod/wiki/?policies&extended

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.