Mon, May 13, 6:22 PM CDT

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:54 pm)

Subject: Tried to tell you

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 11:55 AM · edited Sun, 12 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

I did, I knew this site was going the way of the Smartphone and Tablet Ipad whatever.....destroyed the Gallery, Fractalists might as well go elsewhere because the new upload restrictions are not for Fractals. Why do Fractals when you can't display them here with any Resolution and Detail, when everything is geared toward a 3 inch screen. Real Digital Artists use Real computers not Tablets or Smartphones to Create Art not Postage Stamps. If this the way it's going to be I will not be Posting here any further, I will be at DeviantArt under the name Len1....sorry guys but this is ridiculous, 8 or 9 years of building a gallery of over 1,500 images and over 150,000 views and now almost all the views are gone..... maybe they'll fix it but I wouldn't hold my breath, the bottom line is $$$$ and us Fractalists don't need no damn Marketplace to Create our Art

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 12:25 PM

Hey Lenord--

Please remain patient with us. Things are going to be worked out, so bear with us.

Thanks!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

QuietRiot ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 5:50 PM

Oh Len, I hope you don't go. I've been here since 2004 and seen several major change. I hated them all at first. This one isn't any different. You learn your way around and get back into it. I couldn't find image limits other than for height and width. Those seem about what they always were. It always takes time to iron out the kinks. Personally, I don't think DA is all that great either. Their TOS stink. To each his own, I guess.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:28 PM

It's not the layout it's the 1200x1500 size limit for uploads and the fact they lost over 150,00 views from my gallery stats are gone. 1200x1500 might as well be a postage stamp where Fractals are concerned where bigger is better.

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 11:32 AM

Len -what is going on?

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 11:53 AM

In their infinite wisdom and compentence The Powers that be at Rendo decided to TRASH the Site. Everything is pretty non Functional and ridiculously designed.....I will not Post any Fractals at the new limits of 1200x1500 that's not even most folks wallpaper size.....I haven't been a Mod for a few months so I didn't know it was coming when it did but I knew something was coming that's why I quit. Check out the Community Forum and you will see what's going on, the death of Renderosity if they don't listen to the membership.....on another note I've been busy as heck over at DA showing the many new members there the way around, members from Rendo abandoning a Sinking Ship.

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:22 PM

The great thing about the galleries was that with a click you could have a proper look at a fractal - without that facility I always thought the full beauty would be lost. They are meant to be viewed really large. I have noticed in the past that not everyone took advantage of this which was a great pity. If you can't see everything what is the point of commenting?
On a really sad note I discovered that Corrie has died, and I didn't know. She was a lovely lady, very kind and sincere and put herself out for everyone. My own fault really - I have not been active enough on Rendo for some time now - other things have got in the way. I take too much on.
Len - how do I start to find you on Deviant Art Page. I don't know where to start looking...and what the heck is Markdown and Emoji?

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:14 AM

I'm Len1 at DevArt.....DevArt is basically Message center driven if you have an account, I log in to my message center and everything is there, all Groups and individuals on my Watch list that have new uploads are listed along with thumbs, any notices or messages, Image view and comment notices, you can do everything from there
http://len1.deviantart.com is my Profile and Gallery links, favs all that

Yeah a real downer about Corrie, a really nice lady I miss her.....Markdown is the way to do html in this Editor instead of all the controls that used to be across the top of the editor, supposed to be easier and better but I haven't messed with it yet, might not be here long enough to need to learn how it works, Emoji is Emotacons basically have only glanced at them. Been mostly staying in the Community Forum keeping up with the Insurrection going on, not many people uploading Images since the Change so no need to spend time in the Galleries. It's a mess

Badsue ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:40 PM

I haven't been active on Rendo for a while, just jumped in yesterday (after Rendo had been down the day before) to check the fractals gallery. I got slightly shocked to see the new appearance of everything, took me some time to even find the fractals gallery. Didn't find any new upload from you, Len, since July 31st, and due to reading your description I thought something must be wrong at your side (thinking of your health mainly). Now I thought maybe there's some news in the fractals forum, and here I am (after having searched for it for a while). Glad to see you posting here and seem to be well!

I didn't have the time to upoad anything yet so didn't know about the new restrictions, but since the max. size was only 512k in the past, I had to shrink my images to a smaller size than rendered all the time anyway, they mostly were much too detailed. So the new size for me doesn't actually change anything for me, if it's still 512k (which I didn't check yet either).
I don't really know if any of my uploads are gone, but there are a couple of blank places - does that mean there once was an image? I also noticed that all comments that needed a 2nd page are gone now - if one clicks on page 2, only page 1 opens again. My gallery thumbnails in upright size look very ugly now, not at all clear. Plus my gallery thumbs are not in a row anymore but in a messy order, also upload dates are muddled.

If nobody will spend time in the galleries anymore, then I'm not very motivated to upload anything anymore. But maybe they'll still work on the site and fix some problems, I can only hope so. I'm a member on DA as well but never uploaded anything there yet. I find DA really complicated and don't even know how to start. Plus, as I see it, one has to be present very often to reply to comments, but unfortunately I don't have enough time for that. So I guess if one isn't present all the time, one wouldn't get comments, which again leads to frustration. ;) So I really don't know what I'll do in the future. I'm not retired yet and have to work all day, so I'm just happy to find some spare time for my fractals hobby, but I can't spend much time on any site like Rendo or DA to leave comments or reply on any. It's a mess.
I have some stuff to upload though, so I guess I'll give it a try today or tomorrow here and see what happens. I only hope it's not all coming to an end here now.
By the way - where can I see the total of images I've uploaded now?

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 1:24 PM

Image stats are all messed up, there are no total Images uploaded anymore and they have lost most of the Views Stats, 150,000+ of mine are gone....nobody seems to know what the File size limit is anymore just dimensions, most people can't upload anything at all, I can't even change my Avatar but I won't upload anything anyway untill or unless they change those Dimension Limitations to something larger than a Stamp...to see what's really going on around here you need to look at the Community Forum it hasn't been so active in years, everybody Screaming about this Travesty

Badsue ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 2:33 PM

Thanks Len for letting me know about the Community Forum - much too read there as it seems. Will leave that for tomorrow since after my first attempt of uploading an image successfully (new small size, but not compressed like before (920 kb instead of the former 512 kb limit), which took me about 30 minutes until everything worked, I'm done for today. I'll stay tuned.

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 3:17 AM

Thanks very much Len. Like Sue - I also thought it was a health issue, because you have been the mainstay and one of the strongest posters for such a long time.
After several blips I managed to upload an image this a.m. Sadly - I am one of those people who have problems creating thumbs, and when it tells you off it takes most of what you have put on - off. I hope it's going to get better for I keep getting lost. heh heh or getting blank looks.
I have always been a member of DA but was and am still unable to get to grips with the set up there. Obviously I'd rather stay here if things can get sorted. I wonder what bright spark decided to make a hash of what was working nicely. I do not have any of these exotic titchy little hand held thingies, just a plain desktop computer but at least I can see detail on the large screen. Now - let's see if I can find the Community Forum...and hello Sue -p hope you are keeping fine:-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.