Wed, May 1, 8:41 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Super Hero search

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 9:00 AM

Good to hear. I am hoping that by the time Rob sees it, it will be done...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 9:54 AM

I'm done.... It's fully rigged, fully textured. All I have left now is to make some minor adjustments to the fallout zones and then clean up the cr2's and package this bad boy up.

file_bd4c9ab730f5513206b999ec0d90d1fb.pn 

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 9:56 AM

Should I put the Batman suit up also?

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 10:07 AM
Online Now!

Why not?  If you are happy with the textures and rigging, make it available.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 10:18 AM

Okay. I will put them both up. I wonder if I package them together as "Hero Set For Tyler" that the total package won't be too large for the freebies? Isn't there a 50MB limit? I guess I could try it that way and see what happens...

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 10:54 AM

Here is a close up shot of the retextured boots...

file_3988c7f88ebcb58c6ce932b957b6f332.pn 

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 10:55 AM
Online Now!

Do separate DL's, easier and more time efficient.

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 12:30 PM

That is simply amazing!  The S still looks great to me but the overall outfit just shines. I want to thank you for all of your hard work.  I was working on the script last night and was having a good time because it all is possible.  I think the Mat Option is a good one as it lends itself to different supes along the ages.  Either way and at the risk of making a pun, it's super!

I think all tyler owners are going to be happy that a conforming suit is actually available for this woefully underused character.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 4:37 PM

@hborre: ok, that makes sense.

@quietrob: I agree, he doesn't get enough love. I have to convert everyone else's hair for him! Luckily, he is technically just a morph of Ryan, so most of his hair works without much adjusting.

Give me some time. I haven't played with this stuff in quite awhile, so I have to remember how to do it all again. But I should be able to put both of these costumes in the freebies in a few days. 

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 5:24 PM
Online Now!

Thanks in advance, rokket.  An amazing undertaking, the outfit looks incredible.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 10:06 PM

You're welcome! You're saying that now, until you try to find a hair prop that will fit him, lol!

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2015 at 10:49 PM

One last parting shot; a close up of the suit texture detail.

file_f7e6c85504ce6e82442c770f7c8606f0.pn 

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 12:20 AM

Excellent!  The S is perfect with the tapered ending up top and the proper bottom loop of the S as well.  The Mesh obviously is designed to take 102 gigawatt energy impact at point blank range and still provide the wearer with the necessary mobility to engage a foe at close combat.  In other words, it's Super!  Should be nice when he confronts the...well I'll leave that until I get the suits worn and the buffness engaged.  

And yup!  Right AprilYSH is having a hair sale.  The spit curl is on sale right now at Rendo's Dazzling Competitor.  I'm heading over to get it now.  If she made as a DAZ Original I can get it for free.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 12:22 AM

Oh and according to the Smith Micro page, Tyler comes with Morphs.  I'll see which ones when you post the suit.  There are many ways to get some bodybuilder morphs into the suit if they aren't there already.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 12:27 AM

Rievel hair on sale at Daz $3.59. Close that spit curl style.

Darn it, I only waited a day!  That same hair is 18 bucks!  April must've heard me coming!

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 3:52 AM

Tyler has a lot of morphs. I'll post a render in a bit...

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 4:03 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Extreme morphs. Muscular, body builder and toned all set to 1.

file_bd4c9ab730f5513206b999ec0d90d1fb.pn 

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 4:06 AM

There are lots of reasons I didn't morph him like this when I started the suit: his biceps intercept his torso, the calves are hideous, he doesn't have nicely defined abs... The suit doesn't have morphs in it either, but if you know how to get them in, go for it.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 1:24 PM

Morph Manager is one of my best friends.  It can take every morph that Aiko, Vicky and Mike can have and install them into clothing.  Especially third party morphs.  It ALMOST works exactly as advertised and that might just be my ignorance in not understand the software completely.  I use that rather than transfer morph utility. 

I agree, you could use those calves as a can opener.  Much too sharp.  But those biceps and abs...yeah...those are cool.  Better than Mikes, I would say.

I just got a note saying that Norton wants me to restart my computer to complete installation.  I have to run Malware scan first because I already have Norton installed on my computer.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 4:04 PM

Ah, okay...

I have a few more tests to run, and then I have to go through and uncompress my entire runtime so I can get to the cr2 files I need. Should be able to upload by the end of the weekend... 

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 10:46 PM

Ah, okay...

I have a few more tests to run, and then I have to go through and uncompress my entire runtime so I can get to the cr2 files I need. Should be able to upload by the end of the weekend... 

Okay... a question.  Why do you have your runtime compressed?  Is there something I'm missing?  I know my runtime is about 200gig.  Maybe more.  I can always use some tips.

btw Norton wanted me to add a toolbar, did it without my permission.  Not Malware but more protection for my browser.  I live for protection but I think it should've told me what it was installing.  I'm paranoid enough without help from Symantec.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2015 at 11:38 PM
Online Now!

Compression is just to conserve disk space with limited storage.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 1:14 AM

But doesn't that slow down the work flow?   Monitoring free space isn't fun and with a runtime, I'd be afraid of damage to PMD files.  This has already happened.  I have an older file from a few years ago.  All the props load but the character morphs no longer work!  I know it shouldn't be like that but I bet I'm not the first person this has happened to.  I suppose I've put too great a stock in gaining more storage when I need memory but It's nice to see that an idea I was working on 2010 still viable years later.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 2:19 AM

Poser installs the native library compressed by default. That's why if you look at the files in there, they are crz instead of cr2. I have to un-compress the runtime so that I can use a cr2 editor. The crz files don't work in my editor.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 7:20 AM
Online Now!

There is a decompression script within Poser for these files.  The biggest pain is deleting the original files afterwards which could number in the thousands, in addition, all the extra icons appearing in the library.  The sudden bloat is staggering.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 10:31 AM · edited Fri, 03 July 2015 at 10:33 AM

"Poser installs the native library compressed by default. That's why if you look at the files in there, they are crz instead of cr2. I have to un-compress the runtime so that I can use a cr2 editor. The crz files don't work in my editor."

Confirmed. This is something I didn't know.  There was 5.12G of CRZ files located on my C: drive.  These files were left over from Poser 9 installation.  Though I remember them being installed, I never knew they were compressed files.  Since I'm in a never ending battle to restore space on my primary drive, this is essential information.  Honestly, I simply thought they were a type of file native to Poser and only used by Poser!  Thanx Rocket. 

Those were only the Crz files.  Also there was OBZ, Hrz etc that relates directly to Obj and Hr2 files etc.  Full disclosure says any typical decompressing software will decompress these files.  According to littlefox there is a python script that ships with Poser that will do the deed as well. 

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 10:03 PM

Yes, under Scripts/Utility/uncompressPoserFiles. It works like a charm. You direct it to the folder Runtime, and you have the option to uncompress .obj files and delete the compressed files after. I have 3 runtimes in my library, the Poser default, my Poser 8/9 combined with all my models and figures in it, and now a DAZ runtime for V4 and all her bundled goodies.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 10:06 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Oh, this is so funny!

file_a3c65c2974270fd093ee8a9bf8ae7d0b.jp 

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2015 at 11:12 PM

That is ruthless!  Superman's pranks wins!! LMAO!!!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 4:07 AM

It's out of character for both of them, which is what makes it so funny... 

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 4:17 AM

This took 3 wind generators to create, and 4 or 5 attempts in the cloth room. It's still not perfect, but I am only running tests of the suit...

file_7f1de29e6da19d22b51c68001e7e0e54.jp This suit is really fun to play with. I have to do a lot of adjustments to it. There is a lot of poke through in extreme bends, so I have to work all that out. I already cleaned up the cr2, so there isn't much left to do.

On the Batman suit, you have to keep in mind that it is armor, so movement is a little restricted. But not too much. 

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 4:20 AM

Ben Affleck's suit. 

file_8d5e957f297893487bd98fa830fa6413.jp 

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 4:22 AM

I just decided I am going to redo the bat suit. I want to go simpler. I want a cape and cowl as a single unit, and I know how to get it.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 6:20 AM

CRAP!

I accidentally deleted the pelvis bone. It makes it so the suit sucks into the body and doesn't bend in the hips like it should. So I have to delete the suit and re-import it into Poser and start over with the rigging and do all those fixes again.

GRRRRRRRR!!!! 

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 8:10 AM
Online Now!

Backup, backup, backup.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 8:51 AM

Yeah. Ooops!

Oh well, the whole process of reloading only took a couple of minutes. I am back up and running. Should be done in another day. 

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 9:01 AM · edited Sat, 04 July 2015 at 9:02 AM

"Backup, backup, backup."

I think that should be save save save.  I think we've all done that.  Work hard on a scene or project for a solid hour then crash so the save is useless!  When rigging, the autosave doesn't save your works?  That's awful!! Ctrl-Z has saved me more than once.

The cape and cowl are supposed to be a single unit like the hooded cloak for so many figures.  That changed in the movies so they could emulate the broken mask comic book cover and two, it was probably easier for them since they like revealing Batman's identity every single movie.  I can't remember if it was revealed in the Dark Knight Rises but I know Batman Begins and the last chapter (movie) with Bane, his enemy knew his secret identity.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 9:24 AM

The costume went through changes because of the now famous "Keaton Turn", where Michael Keaton's cowl was so stiff he couldn't turn his head, and had to turn his torso to look left or right. When Christian Bale took the role, he was specific about what he wanted in a suit: to be able to turn his head, move unrestricted, and be able to pee without having to spend two hours taking the suit back off.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 10:28 AM

You mean they spent millions on what they knew was going to be the blockbuster of the year but they couldn't figure out a design to get the cape and cowl to work like in the comic?  That is crazy!!

Sounds like they should've called you.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 4:33 PM

Me? Nah, not back then. I would have told them to dust off Adam West's old costume and start filming!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 4:36 PM

Gotta start working on that tutorial sometime soon. I planned on doing it with screen caps so that you can visualize what I am doing a little easier.

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:29 AM

Gotta start working on that tutorial sometime soon. I planned on doing it with screen caps so that you can visualize what I am doing a little easier.

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:30 AM

Thanks!  Written is good but screen caps so I know what to press and when is better.  I don't know if you're an american but if you are I hope you had a happy fourth!

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 4:49 AM

I am an American. I am also retired US Navy, and work for the Navy now, as a civilian manning their supply ships. I worked my butt off on the 4th of July, but I guess it was all worth it.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 5:57 AM

The MOS suit is almost ready. I have to start packaging it all up, edit the cr2's to point to the new folders for the textures and geometry, then upload it. Maybe one more good day of working on it to finish it.

Then I have to decide if I am going to put up the Batman as an armored guy or redo the suit. Thoughts? 

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 7:06 AM
Online Now!

Thanks.  Looking forwards to trying this puppy out.  As for The Batman, lightly armored would be more in keeping with reality. 

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 11:33 AM · edited Sun, 05 July 2015 at 11:34 AM

" I am an American. I am also retired US Navy, and work for the Navy now, as a civilian manning their supply ships. I worked my butt off on the 4th of July, but I guess it was all worth it."

Cool Beans!  I don't think I can say I'm retired Army but I served honorably for four years.  Berlin and Okinawa with a nice little trip to Korea thrown in.  For my 4th of July I Barbeque'd and checked out Firework displays all over the southland.

There have been so many incarnations and interpretations of Batman over the years, from Bob Kane to Neal Adams to Frank Miller and the different movie versions from Adam West to Ben Afleck, I just think he should be cool.  Still some images for thought.

attachment.php?attachmentid=106911&d=139Dark Knight Rises Batman

k6ySJ.pngAs portrayed in the comics

2523574-2521520_batman_robin_zone__006.jOr as some remember him

3416382-9159084479-Batma.jpgJust please don't do this...

contaminated_cowl.jpg

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:16 PM

Adam West's Batman was cool when I was a kid and watching the reruns on an old black and white TV. But I found it too campy as an adult. The pink cowl was just one example of where that show went wrong, in my own very humble, very personal opinion.

If I do remodel, I will probably go for either a comic version, or something from the video games.  Something like this would be cool. I just wish I had another male figure to model to. My wife is very specific about not buying anything else for my hobby, which is why I learned to model in the first place and also why I only use Poser native figures. Tyler is a good base to work off, but I am thinking you would be able to tell they were both Tyler in the suits if you used them together. I could use Ryan 2. 3Dream has some pretty nice face morphs in the free stuff on here that will work to change his face. And he has the same morphs as Tyler (Tyler is a Ryan morph after all). I will make that decision when I get this suit uploaded.

If I do rework the suit, this is what I am going for as far as the overall look. 

file_da4fb5c6e93e74d3df8527599fa62642.jp 

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:24 PM

My main goal with the suit is to make it so that it doesn't appear as the though all the muscles are only part of the suit, and not the guy. Even in the movies, they have to add muscle suits under the costumes because the materials they are using constrict the actors' bodies enough that you can't see all the incredible work they did to prepare for the role. The muscle suits don't add to the actor, they help give him definition. But in a 3D app, we can achieve that without a secondary layer to add that definition.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:47 PM

One thing I want to move away from is adding the permanent scowl or angry look to the cowl. They do that now because of the comics. Artists tended to draw his facial expressions into the cowl, which isn't realistic, it's artistic. It works in the comics, but in the real world, even if the actor under it is jovial, he looks mad. I had that in mind when I created the first cowl. I wanted it to form to his face, but I didn't want it to look like molded rubber. I was not completely satisfied with it when I was done, but it worked for what it was. There are issues with the cowl and the body armor that I didn't completely solve when this was done, so that is my main concern. I want to redo this to solve those issues that I didn't have enough experience to solve when I made this.

file_7f6ffaa6bb0b408017b62254211691b5.pn 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.