Sat, Jun 15, 3:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 14 3:49 pm)

Subject: Hair classification

Allstereo ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2014 at 5:28 PM · edited Tue, 14 May 2024 at 9:52 PM

Hello all,

Hair models come in a variety of Poser actor, figure (cr2). prop (pp2), hair (hr) and it is not easy to manage all that with the relevant textures. There is a way to put all that in the hair section and access the actor directly or by calling a python script that load the actor.  I am sure that this question was asked before but didn't find the appropriate threads with the new search engine.

Allstereo 

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2014 at 7:36 PM
Online Now!

With the current Poser version content can be located under any category in the Library.  However, the confusion is determining which type of hair product you would be using for your character.  There is no way of identifying an actual prop (pp2), hair (hr) or figure (cr2).  Vendors purposely place hair content where they are most practical to apply.  Figure hair must be conformed, prop and hair will need to be parented to the character.

Jaager ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2014 at 7:59 PM

A folder for each hair item can be placed in Hair.  The name of the folder can have a code that identifies the unit as CR2 or HR2 or PP2.  The primary folder can contain the CR2/HR2/PP2, its PNG,  its PMD,  and any accessory props.  A sub folder can contain the Material poses and any add-on product hair color changes.  A sub folder of the Material pose folder can contain all of the textures.

This keeps everything organized and if you use minimum path lengths, very portable from Runtime to Runtime.  Poser does not have thumbnails for folders, so there will be no pictures in the Library for them.

PhilC  PZ3editor has a batch function that will edit every file in a folder at one go, so changing paths is fairly quick to do.  Just make sure that any PMD files are moved out of the folder during the batch edit.

Allstereo ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2014 at 9:07 PM

Hello,

Hbore and Jaager, thank you for the information. Very useful to know that various actors could be placed in any category.

Allstereo 

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2014 at 2:27 PM · edited Wed, 24 December 2014 at 2:27 PM

A folder for each hair item can be placed in Hair.  The name of the folder can have a code that identifies the unit as CR2 or HR2 or PP2.  The primary folder can contain the CR2/HR2/PP2, its PNG,  its PMD,  and any accessory props.  A sub folder can contain the Material poses and any add-on product hair color changes.  A sub folder of the Material pose folder can contain all of the textures.

This keeps everything organized and if you use minimum path lengths, very portable from Runtime to Runtime.  Poser does not have thumbnails for folders, so there will be no pictures in the Library for them.

PhilC  PZ3editor has a batch function that will edit every file in a folder at one go, so changing paths is fairly quick to do.  Just make sure that any PMD files are moved out of the folder during the batch edit.

I use a complex folder tree to organize my runtimes, but I still keep figures separated from props. For me, it's easier. For others, it may not be. To get thumbnails in folders that contain no content, I just copy a PP2 and the PNG that goes with it. I expect you could use any prop as long as its named the same as the PNG. I've never felt the need for thumbnails in the material tab, though. :)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.