Tue, May 14, 1:03 AM CDT

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:54 pm)

Subject: December 2014 / January 2015 Fractals Themed Challenge

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2014 at 2:43 PM · edited Sun, 12 May 2024 at 2:01 PM

Well finally got a New Challenge, it will open Midnight tonight and run throughJanuary

file_8d5e957f297893487bd98fa830fa6413.jp Theme chosen by Roserum We are all Connected

For this Challenge the Theme is "We are all connected" open to your own interpretation, when I hear statements like that I always think of the "Butterfly Effect" which says a Butterfly flapping it's wings in China can affect the weather on the other side of the World. Whether we realize it or not We are all Connected, things we say and do invariably affect someone else. 

Images must be composed of a Fractal , any amount of postwork allowed, imported models, and or backgrounds, can be used, however the main focus of the image MUST be a Fractal. 

Any Version of any Fractal application may be used. 

Images must not be signed or any Titles applied to the Images themselves. 

Images must be new and never posted in Renderosity Galleries before, All images must adhere to Renderosity's Terms Of Service.

Please keep the images to a maximum of 1200 x 1200 pixels and 350k max.(Take Notice the Memory size limit has been increased)

Thumbnails MUST be included, and must be: 300 X 350 pixels (No larger-No Smaller)

Challenge starts:

Monday, December, 1st 2014, at12:01am Renderosity Time(CDST)

Challenge ends:

Saturday, January 31st, 2015 at Midnight Renderosity time(CDST).

3 images are allowed per person.

Image must be a new work, and not previously posted in the gallery

-Voting-

Voting will take place after the challenge closes and is open to all members.

Voting will begin 

Sunday, February, 1st 2015 at 12:01AM Renderosity(CDST)

Voting will be open until 

Saturday, February, 7th, 2015 at Midnight Renderosity time(CDST).

First place winner picks the theme for the next month, subject to approval with the challenge

managers.

Announcement of winners will be in the Fractals Forum the day after Voting Closes.

Good Luck to everyone........

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2014 at 11:33 PM

Great challenge!

Corrie 

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 10:10 AM

Hi everybody,

Coincidentally I went look at the fractal forum posts, and from nothing I've got an E bot. What is a surprise there is already a new challenge.
I've no idea yet for this item, but maybe it will come up.
Greets to you all.

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 11:19 AM

Got the first entry for the Dec/Jan Challenge which allowed me to check some things out as far as operation of the New Challenge Area goes.....It's weird

It's straight forward as far as members adding entries, just load the Thumb and Image like always and Submit, it goes to holding until Staff can check it for Limits etc then either Accepted or Reject it.....Usually if it's just a little out of Spec I would just fix it myself and re-upload it and accept it if it was way out I would fix it and let you know and give you the option of doing the fixing yourself...

Now here is the Rub with the new Challenges....The limits as far as Size are valid:Thumbs 300x350 and 1200x1200 Max However the stated size limits appearently don't matter much for some reason.

When checking the first Entry the size was Waaay out but knowing the member whose entry it was I suspected something was awry because this member usually always adheres to the Rules of the challenge so I did some experimenting.

I added a couple of entries myself and discovered the Dimensions stay what is uploaded but Memory size is adjusted way bigger than the original entry...by generally 200K ??!!??

Don't know why it does that but needless to say I won't be rejecting any Images entered due to Memory Size being Too Large....These open Contest and Challenges right now are the first with the New System so things are undoubtedly still being sorted and could change at any time....

For now just keep the Dimensions as stated in the Rules and we'll let the Memory Size take care of itself.......I'll keep ya'll updated on other changes as I become aware of them

Len

Fractals Moderator

Mark-David-Rogers ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2015 at 5:51 PM

I almost forgot about the challenge, oops! so glad there is still time to put some entries in. A good theme too.

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2015 at 10:09 PM

There is plenty time, entries don't close until Jan 31st, glad you entered

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2015 at 11:54 AM · edited Mon, 02 February 2015 at 11:54 AM

The Dec/Jan Challenge is open for Voting We are all Connected

I was informed this morning that there was no way to Vote on the Challenge....The New Challenge area threw me another curve, it used to be automatic when moving the challenge into voting to Open voting to everyone, not anymore. I fixed the Voting Problem and Now it's Open for everyone to Vote so get out and Vote for your favorite entry.

Good Luck all who entered

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2015 at 11:42 PM

Can I vote for all of them? :-)
They are really all good. 

Don't you love it when Rosity changes things???????? ;-)

BTW:
I don't get bots. :-(

Corrie 

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2015 at 5:50 AM

We are all connected to each other ...... hehehe, so not!
Again I received no notice of the fact that we could vote, and indeed, when I went to do so, there was no button present.
Now everything is green, and I did, after much thinking, haha.
Hoping we stay in connection, of course.

p.s. Good luck Len, with all the changes, after changes, etc. here at RR.

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2015 at 11:41 AM

Voting ends Midnight tonight, voting has been pretty bleak so far, remind your friends and fellow Fractalists VOTE

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2015 at 1:56 AM

The results for the Challenge are in......

Congratulations to the Winner Mark David Rogers for 1st Place and to Peedy and Dochtersions for 2nd and 3rd

Mark-David-Rogers needs to Site Mail me with his selection for the next Theme so I can get the next Challenge started.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to enter and to those who Voted, it's much appreciated by the whole Fractals Subcommunity

1. Entry #6 by Mark-David-Rogers submitted on January 5, 2015 5:44 pm
  2. Entry #7 by peedy submitted on January 13, 2015 12:25 am
  3. Entry #8 by dochtersions submitted on January 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2015 at 1:56 AM

##### Entry #1

Uploaded Date: Dec 06, 2014
By: rocserum

View Details 

##### Entry #2

Uploaded Date: Dec 10, 2014
By: dochtersions

View Details 

##### Entry #3

Uploaded Date: Dec 28, 2014

View Details 

##### Entry #4

Uploaded Date: Jan 05, 2015
By: Mark-David-Rogers

View Details 

##### Entry #5

View Details 

##### Entry #6

View Details 

##### Entry #7

Uploaded Date: Jan 13, 2015
By: peedy

View Details 

##### Entry #8

Uploaded Date: Jan 24, 2015

View Details 

##### Entry #9

Uploaded Date: Jan 26, 2015

View Details 

##### Entry #10

Uploaded Date: Jan 28, 2015
By: Terraflora3D

View Details 

##### Entry #11

Uploaded Date: Jan 28, 2015
By: Terraflora3D

View Details 

##### Entry #12

Uploaded Date: Jan 29, 2015

View Details 

##### Entry #13

Uploaded Date: Jan 31, 2015
By: BLUESTONE

View Details 

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2015 at 8:51 AM

Congrats!

Beautiful image, all of them.
Was hard to pick just one. 

Corrie 

dochtersions ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2015 at 5:53 AM

Many congratulations Mark and Corrie, it was an interesting challenge.
I again had to search for this message, didn't received no mention, and I suspect that more people have not received it, in any case, I know Karel has received nothing too.

And now I'm already curious what the next theme will be !! :)

Have all a lovely new week.
Mies :)

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2015 at 10:14 AM

What can I say, Admin kows about the ebot problems they keep saying they're being looked into. All of us Mods have had to adjust our work to actually go and check all Forums and Threads every time were here because we can't rely on Notices anymore, makes what used to relatively easy job very time consuming.

dochtersions ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2015 at 10:54 AM

Poor you, and the other mods, Len. Who was it, who said that computers are so convenient?
We can all complain, but if it will help, huh, that's the question; as it seems, one can't change it.

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2015 at 8:46 AM

No new challenge yet?

Corrie 

rocserum ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2015 at 5:06 PM

I had quite a search to find this forum section. The vote was also difficult. but now I'm here, winners, well deserved with in retrospect a difficult topic .. I'm curious again to a new theme.

Cornelis

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.