Fri, May 17, 4:35 AM CDT

Welcome to the Paint Shop Pro Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny

Paint Shop Pro F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2023 Mar 27 3:18 pm)

Mixed Medium Gallery

Copyright Overview

PSP On-site Tutorials

2D Gallery

2D MarketPlace

2D Free Stuff

Ready to purchase Paint Shop Pro? Click the banner below for details.

Imagine your best photo ever

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Any one using paint shop pro any more?

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2016 at 6:02 PM

Still using PSP8. Win 7 doesn't get along with it as well as XP did. Under XP, I could open as many files as needed in PSP, without worrying about the filenames or extensions. Win 7 goes almost all the way back to DOS in rejecting long filenames, so I generally have to open only two or three files at a time. Also, Win 7 doesn't let me open JPG and BMP at the same time in PSP. This isn't a memory problem, it's purely about the filenames.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2017 at 3:19 PM

Trying to keep the forum alive. :) I have X5 on this computer and X9 on the other, haven't bothered to upgrade this one even though I have the license because the versions are almost identical, so I'll probably wait until I actually have need of one of the newer features.

Does anyone around here write scripts for PSP?

X-PaX ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2017 at 11:44 AM · edited Sat, 07 January 2017 at 11:46 AM

I am using X6 and X8 and I have written some scripts for adding borders to my images.
The scipt-language that PSP uses is Python.
It is helpful to record a macro and open it with a texteditor (eg Notepad++) to see the commands for the single steps.

X-PaX

SiteMail

→ [ www.3dspots.de ]   |   [ www.cwhp.de ]

Tom2099 ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2017 at 11:13 AM

I use PSP8 in Win10 64-bit all the time, and for what I use it for, editing textures and other mats for 3D-shaders, it's every bit as good as more modern image editors, but less complicated, with less controls to fiddle with. I also use a very old version of Total Commander (a Norton Commander clone) for all my file handling, and see no need for anything more modern and capable than that...

geep ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2017 at 9:51 AM

I have used PSP for years and I really like what I can do with the software. I have PSP software all the way up to PSP X but I always go back to PSP5 because it does everything I need to do ... UNTIL ... ??? My "custom brushes" (tubes) no longer works. ( OS is Windows 7) Anyone else have this problem? Can you help me solve it? Thanks for any help you can give. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

poppieoosthuizen ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2017 at 2:25 AM

Hi .... from Sunny South Africa,

I am still using PSP 7.04 with XP and enjoying it. Battle to get tutorials though. Have never used gradients and don't get any turorials to use it now.

Regards, Poppie

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2017 at 12:52 PM

poppieoosthuizen posted at 1:49PM Fri, 24 February 2017 - #4298188

Hi .... from Sunny South Africa,

I am still using PSP 7.04 with XP and enjoying it. Battle to get tutorials though. Have never used gradients and don't get any turorials to use it now.

Regards, Poppie

Hi Poppie. I wrote a tutorial on how to create gradients in PSP years ago, though I don't recall if I was using PSP 6 or PSP7 at the time. I'm not sure there would be much difference between those versions in any case. I never upgraded past verion 9, so don't know if it will help if you're using any of the newer versions, but you can always give it a try. Check it out here --> Creating New Gradients in PSP. Hope that helps.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

hawkstheman ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2017 at 10:28 AM

I'm still a user of PSP have been for a long while but I also use Photoshop so PSP doesn't get used as much these days.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton 1877

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it" - William Pitt, the Elder 1770

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.