Sun, May 12, 7:13 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 10 9:48 pm)

Subject: Tips for Character Vendors:

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 6:51 PM

But Roxie would be my number 1 canidate to morph her into Nathalie.

Morphing the face, lots and lots of little details to adapt.
But the body looks OK.

And add elbow tips, LOL; (Roxie has none.)

Complete makeover of the upper arms also required. => Roxie's upper arms are very-very thin when viewed from the side.
Nathalie has thick and naturally curved upper arms.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 7:07 PM

@RorrKonn
Just listened to your CD although I'm not sure what your talking about with your comment, was you replying to an earlier post?

@Boni
Sounds like you have it all worked oput regards how the brows work then.  I haven't even begun to play around with using different types of eyebrows other than actually just drawing them on.  And yes, have a play with Roxie, but try to be a bit more open minded than our good friend Vilters.  I think he forgets were're comparing a perfectly symmetrical mesh to a human :-P

@Vilters
I'm not saying she a perfect clone, you crazy person, I'm just saying she looks like the girl who might have inspired her overall look, build, size, figure etc, but even if she didn't, that's still bloody close I reckon, Tony, even your own screengrabs look extremely close.

Even in your own images, there's a few things to bear in mind.  On that head-on shot, look again at her lip shape top and bottom, it's identical and I never even mentioned the lips being the same, they're just smaller on Roxie.  The head-on shot is also different because of the camera lens, Natalie is up-close to a real lens, so her lips and nose are going to look larger anyway - exaggerated by the field of view.  But look closely again at the shape of the lips (even though I never mentioned the lips).

Side view, again, Natalie has her neck forward whereas Roxie doesn't, and that changes the jaw line somewhat.  In the same posture the difference would not be that great.  Also in the side view, check out the eyes, Roxie's looking forward but Natalie is looking down with her head slighly tilted back, had they been the same, again, there really isn't that much in it.  But yup, what I'm getting at is if you look at Roxie, her body, her hips, breasts, general build, age, height, the type of face, eyes, and eyebrows she has, the general face shape etc, she looks extremely close to Roxie, to me anyway.

Put it this way, if I wanted to do a Natalie Imbruglia lookalike with a Poser figure, I think I'd be 90% done just by loading Roxie into the viewport :-D
Anyway, YouTube embedding is working, I still see "Roxie" walking through that door and dancing around, check the rest this time, figure, build etc:

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2014 at 12:00 AM · edited Wed, 26 November 2014 at 12:01 AM

pumeco quote @RorrKonn Just listened to your CD although I'm not sure what your talking about with your comment, was you replying to an earlier post? 

Did you like the CD ? I really liked the song "Stars". can't say I'm a big fan of the remake song "drive"
but then again I was never a fan of the "band the cars". 

I was saying about ya thread .
I don't get why you need to post photos of ya dream girl.
Your a CGI Artist make ya own dream girl exactly the way you want her. post that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CGI Artist that created Roxie was a Natalie Imbruglia fan.

a lot of Pro's use 

http://www.3d.sk/ 
&
http://www.3dscans.sk/

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2014 at 6:22 AM · edited Wed, 26 November 2014 at 6:25 AM

@RorrKonn
The thread isn't about dream girls, lol, I have lots of dream girls but I'm crap at 3D (far too slow at it) so I can't make them in 3D unless I spend a lot of time at it.  I was originally hoping people would post things they find attractive but think that others won't for whatever reason (my first example was that a lot of people find thick eyebrows absolutely gross - but I don't).  The idea being that vendors might try something different if they see something and think ... hmmm ... might try that.

But anyway, it's become more of an OT thread to kill boredom now, so feel free to post anything as long as it's within the TOS.
You can post your CG dream girl if you want, RorrKonn ;-)

Regards your CD, it's not what I'd normally listen to but I thought it wasn't bad, at least I didn't find myself skiping any.  I agree about the "Drive" remake though, I thought they flattened-out the chords a bit too much, I think it would have sounded a lot better if hadn't done that - I think they removed a bit too much musicality by doing that.  When I listened to the album, the overall thing, I thought about this song which is similar in some ways to what they do, but seems to be a lot more melodic.  If Sixx:A.M. took more time on their chords I think they'd sound a lot more melodic as well, like this one, so you might like this one as well :

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2014 at 7:46 AM

"I wouldn't be surprised if the CGI Artist that created Roxie was a Natalie Imbruglia fan."

Well, that would be the man himself, Teyon, because he was the guy who created Roxie.
He's also the guy who just posted a rather interesting tease on the matter, did you see his comment?

Either Roxie is indeed inspired by Natalie Imbruglia, or Teyon is "Honestly Torn" and is the biggest tease on the planet ;-)
Click Here <--- Hahaha!

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2014 at 8:29 AM

To get back on topic.  I've noticed that some folks have nice uneven skin-tones ... more natural looking.  A little soft noise, clouds perhaps? Some are slightly bluish.  The MR's that I have found are pretty unnaturally even.  Any tips on that for a future vendor from other vendors? 

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2014 at 8:47 AM

I'm not a vendor myself, but I was just about to suggest that thread by MLP - but I see you've already spotted it.
Looks like Baggins was about to post something there, along the lines of what you're talking.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2014 at 10:32 AM

Ok, Roxie, are you sitting down?
I notice you've been very quiet since the Natalie thing was brought up, but I can put your mind to rest.

I just spoke with Teyon on the forum, and he said that although Natalie is very pretty and the song is great, you wasn't inspired by her, in fact you're different even than the girl who really did inspire you.  So, while you can't claim to be inspired by the famous and pretty person you thought, you can at least claim to be utterly unique, and let's face it, I think we all knew that already!

Yeah, listen, you had me wondering about this stuff, I even missed a Cheeburger, dumbass!!!

Natalie is cool and all, but she does singing and I do poetry, so you should have known by that!!!
Plus, Natalie hasn't got a blade like I have, she probably has a microphone instead!!!

Later,
Roxie - Girl With Blade

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2014 at 10:52 AM · edited Fri, 05 December 2014 at 11:05 AM

file_a8f15eda80c50adb0e71943adc8015cf.jp
Watched this complete movie on YouTube the other night.

It's called "Ariana's Quest" in English, and it was a bit of a bummer it's not actually in English, and there's no subtitles either, but after watching the first five minutes I was hooked and had to watch the rest.  It was a surprisingly enjoyable film even apart from it having Superheroine Warrior Babes in it.  Couldn't understand a word they said but it was still good, and I understood the movie even without subtitles.

For those who do medieval stuff, scenes, props, costumes and the like, this is pretty good (it's full of it), and of course the Superheroine is a fine specimen!
Trust me, click below, watch the first five minutes and you'll be hooked too :-D

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2015 at 5:10 PM

Are there any serious movie lovers here, someone who has a good selection of film types under their belt?

I thought I might as well use my old thread to ask here.  I'm trying to find a film I don't know the name of, and to make matters worse, I don't know the names of any of the people who starred in it.  I know for a fact that the film is French, and it's at least 6 years old because I've been able to work that out by various means.  It centred around two girls, around twenty years old I reckon.  One of the girls (the main girl) was a bit tomboyish, she had very short black hair, and her friend had longer lighter coloured hair (I think).  I believe it was set in Paris (but could be wrong), and either one (or both) of these girls worked in some sort of factory.  I think they were working on sewing machines or something like that.  In fact, I think that's probably how they came to meet, become friends, and decide to rent a flat together.  It was quite a dreary-looking/feeling film, and by dreary I mean it felt very 'real life' and it seemed as if the film was made in such a way as to not be specifically anything, if that makes any sense at all.  It was dark but not a horror, it was a serious 'real life' sort of film but with a strange feel to it.

It's just one of those things that has stuck in my mind, and whenever I think about films I almost always start trying to figure out a way to find it again; that damn film, what's it called?  I only ever saw it once and it was at least 6 years ago, shown on Film4 as part of a 'French Film Season' no doubt.  But it's not just for this specific film I want to know about it, it's because I want to know who the director is, because for such a generic film to stick in my mind like that, I'm pretty sure I'll take a liking to any other films the same director has produced.  For some reason it felt very different to other films, that's probably why it's stuck in my mind like it has.

But yup, tried everything, even to the point I went browsing through every French film sold on Amazon and still didn't come across the bloody thing, and that did surprise me because it seems unbelievable that such a good film would not be on their catalogue (it must be).  I've even tried searching photos of French actresses, hoping that if I spot the tomboyish girl with the short black hair, I'd be able to locate the film by her name, but even that failed to turn-up anything useful.

So anyway, maybe someone here is into French films or foreign films in general, and if you are, and you know what I'm talking about, please speak-up because I've been trying to locate this one for years now and it's just been an absolute waste of time so far - very frustrating.

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2015 at 6:32 PM

Is it "deux jours une nuit"?

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2015 at 5:29 AM

Couldn't type it in fast enough, but no, that's not it :-(

But thanks, and actually, looking at the screenshots of that movie, it had a similar feel about it, only I remember it looking more grim.  The one you posted looks clean and pristine, but the one I'm talking about, everything seemed less cared for and older/worn looking.  That said, it's very possible that it was the film itself that was grim and not the visual aspect, I just can't remember, I don't even know what it was about, didn't seem to be about anything other than life I suppose.  If I saw the tomboy girl, I'd know her in an instant, her face is still very clear, she was pretty attractive as well if I recall, so it's even more puzzling why I can't find even a trace of her - she must have been in more films than the one I'm talking about.

FishandChips ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2015 at 2:24 PM

im working on this character.i gave her an exotic look.almost asain or russian. that pic on top is amazing man, what render engine do you use, that was your first character? wow. how do get results like that?

file_903ce9225fca3e988c2af215d4e544d3.jp

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2015 at 3:09 PM

She'd definitely pass for part Asian, part Russian :-)

perilous7 ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2015 at 2:57 AM

i just wana jump here and say to all the people who produce morphs for v4 and genesis 2 females,can you PLEASE make a female head that doesnt have massive lips? please look at reference pictures of females actual lips? 

A cleaved head no longer plots.

http://www.perilous7.moonfruit.com

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2015 at 10:00 AM

936full-the-dreamlife-of-angels-poster.j

vie-revee-des-anges-98-09-g.jpgvie-revee-des-anges-98-11-g.jpgvie-revee-des-anges-98-08-g.jpg

Well you expect that, don't you, to find a European film on an American website when you can't even find it on a European one!
Found it (yay), found it the other day through Amazon.com rather than Amazon.co.uk, although I see it's on Amazon UK now I know the name.

I've been trying to find out more about it, and it seems the director "Érick Zonca" hasn't really done much else (only one other feature film).  It's a shame cause I read this film was his debut, and it was damn good if I recall.  It's called "La Vie Rêvée des Anges" which in English translates to "The Dreamlife of Angels".  Strange title it has considering the film was anything but a "Dreamlife" from what I remember - lol

Sadly there's no Blu-ray release yet (unbelievable, pull your finger out of your arse, Sony), so it looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer before I see it again.  Nothing on YouTube either, other than a bunch of fake uploads pretending to be the full movie (and clips that aren't even from that movie).  But I did find this clip on Amazon, and although it looks ok, it really doesn't do the film justice. 

The film was definitely very different and a lot darker than the title and trailer suggests, maybe it's intentional to make it hit harder when you see it, could be.
Anyway, glad I found it - Click Here for Trailer

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2015 at 6:30 PM · edited Tue, 02 June 2015 at 6:39 PM

One of those awesome tracks where, everytime I hear it, I can't resist playing it a quite a few times over again!

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2015 at 8:08 PM · edited Sun, 07 June 2015 at 8:11 PM

i just wana jump here and say to all the people who produce morphs for v4 and genesis 2 females,can you PLEASE make a female head that doesnt have massive lips? please look at reference pictures of females actual lips? 

I actually noticed this trend in a few of my designs and built at least one tentative design who specifically doesn't possess the ability to suck a golf ball through a garden hose. 
QnfHNrg.jpg

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 18 July 2015 at 4:12 PM

Duane Wrote:
"I actually noticed this trend in a few of my designs and built at least one tentative design who specifically doesn't possess the ability to suck a golf ball through a garden hose."

I suppose a girl with lips like this is totally out of the question then?

file_a4a042cf4fd6bfb47701cbc8a1653ada.jp

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 18 July 2015 at 6:51 PM · edited Sat, 18 July 2015 at 6:52 PM

How about spaghetti?

file_82aa4b0af34c2313a562076992e50aa3.jp

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

pumeco ( ) posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 7:17 AM

How about spaghetti?

file_82aa4b0af34c2313a562076992e50aa3.jp

Thanks for posting her, Primorge, she's very nice!

For me the spaghetti and meatballs are a bonus cause it's one of my faves (as long as mother makes it).  Those ones that come in the cartons aren't up to much I'm afraid.  Sometimes the sauce is ok depending on the brand, but the meatballs are never anywhere near as good as the home-made ones my mother makes - and she isn't even Italian!

Anyway, time for some more inspiration for vendors, this time from a French girl, but not just any French girl.  Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but I read somewhere on YouTube that they once ran a survey, and the result was this girl was voted 'Sexiest Woman In France'.  If that's the case then maybe her look would be worth capturing in a figure (or at least inspiring one) - the comments on YouTube are certainly enthusiastic and promising enough :

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 7:39 AM · edited Sun, 19 July 2015 at 7:45 AM

Dammit Pumeco, If you are going to post a vid of Alizee, do it right!!! And yes she has that innocent but naughty vibe to her:) In fact when I first started sculpting she was one of the first faces I used as reference:) I was a huge Alizee fan back in the day. Think I still am lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6omsDyFNlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwHOAI_OQk

My Renderosity Store

pumeco ( ) posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 10:57 AM · edited Sun, 19 July 2015 at 11:00 AM

Zev Wrote:
"Dammit Pumeco, If you are going to post a vid of Alizee, do it right!!! And yes she has that innocent but naughty vibe to her:) In fact when I first started sculpting she was one of the first faces I used as reference:) I was a huge Alizee fan back in the day. Think I still am lol."

Hey Zev, I didn't know you was a big Alizée fan, lol, she certainly has a nice catalogue of tracks, superbly produced as well.  I have her "Mes Courants Electriques" album which is extremely good, in fact I don't recall there's a single filler on it, or if there is, even that must be good.

So anyway, where's that Alizée-inspired figure of yours?
You can't just say stuff like that and not let us see her :-D

As for the video, yup, she's hot in that video you posted, but I still like her better in the one I posted.  Maybe that's just because she's getting covered with water and her nipples are showing if you full-screen it and have good eyesight.  No doubt you're aware that there's a slighlty different video edit of that track when sung in French, so in case you haven't seen it, here's the French version with a slightyl different video edit.

She's slightly more cheeky in this one as well :

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 11:05 AM · edited Sun, 19 July 2015 at 11:05 AM

So anyway, where's that Alizée-inspired figure of yours?

Oh those were just test sculpts. I never save those. Probably can do a much better job now anyways lol. Maybe I'll play a bit doing more faces when I get some free time.

My Renderosity Store

pumeco ( ) posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 1:16 PM · edited Sun, 19 July 2015 at 1:19 PM

@Zev
Well, feel welcome to post them here if you have another go at it, would love to see it.
It's not as if you could fail in the looks department if you pull it off well enough ;-)

BTW, was just listening to the CD and in fact there are a few fillers on it, I was thinking of something else.  That said, apart from the obvious good one that was posted above, I thought these two were real gems.  Different style to the other tracks, these are more classy-sounding and I really wish she'd do more stuff like this, especially with that silky-soft vocal of hers.

Anyway, getting OT, but these two were quite a surprise when I heard them, they are of course totally destroyed in clarity on YouTube, but they sound spine-tinglingly goosebump-amazing on my system (completely different experience) :

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2015 at 6:42 PM

Duane Wrote:
"I actually noticed this trend in a few of my designs and built at least one tentative design who specifically doesn't possess the ability to suck a golf ball through a garden hose."

I suppose a girl with lips like this is totally out of the question then?

implying DXHBxpE.png

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 8:07 AM

I saw her in the other thread, I liked the body but the eyes look a bit odd.  Maybe if you opened her right eye more it would improve the eyes, cause although her right eye is closer to the camera in this shot, it's actually smaller than the one further away.

Hair is far too shiny, would look a lot better if you went easier on the specular :-)

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 24 July 2015 at 6:26 PM

The eyes look odd because this is a test model to see what morph adjustments I'd neglected to bake into the INJ pose. Z translation of the eyeballs was one of them accounting for the weirdness.

The hair's default specular is too sharp and in my other renders I usually dial it down before rendering (and remember to change its skinning to PSS to round out those polys). 

But dem lips tho?

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 24 July 2015 at 9:26 PM

Actually, I thought I'd start a thread where people can just be up-front and post images of the sort of characters they would really like to see in the Poser Marketplace.  Never mind whether others might think you're weird, or whether they'll agree with you, just be honest because that's the whole point of the thread, so that vendors can learn what makes your hormones tick enough to actually buy something.

You know, with all the female actresses that have been turned into characters, I'm a little surprised certain adult entertainers haven't as well.  NVIATWAS and all that.  Should they?  Dunno.  If they haven't, I wonder why not.  I mean many vendors did a take on angelina jolie.  I've seen a sigorney weaver and at least one scarlett johannason. But um... starlet X,Y, or Z?  Can't say I've seen them. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 24 July 2015 at 9:31 PM

To get back on topic.  I've noticed that some folks have nice uneven skin-tones ... more natural looking.  A little soft noise, clouds perhaps? Some are slightly bluish.  The MR's that I have found are pretty unnaturally even.  Any tips on that for a future vendor from other vendors? 

You could probably fix this by playing around with either clouds, fractals, or a combo of the two.  Just make sure they aren't using global coordinates. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 4:48 AM

@Duane
The lips aren't too bad, and actually, she looks quite nice in the avatar you just uploaded :-)

@Wintercalw
To be honest, some of the Poser characters I've seen look better than some of the starlets :-P

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2015 at 5:31 AM

surprised no one's even attempted a Cara look-alike - at least i've not seen one...

file_b3e3e393c77e35a4a3f3cbd1e429b5dc.jp

Dulcinea ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2015 at 1:44 PM

Actually, I thought I'd start a thread where people can just be up-front and post images of the sort of characters they would really like to see in the Poser Marketplace.  Never mind whether others might think you're weird, or whether they'll agree with you, just be honest because that's the whole point of the thread, so that vendors can learn what makes your hormones tick enough to actually buy something.

Has anyone started a post yet?  I'm sorry if you have & I am missing it.

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2015 at 9:30 PM

@Giana
First character that comes to mind when looking at Cara, is Roxie, shouldn't be too far off with a bit of tweaking and face matching!
That makeup would look pratically identical even around default Roxie's eyes I reckon.

@Dulcinea
I'm wondering if your browser is having problems showing images cause there's quite a few in here now!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.